ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about Tershawn Wharton?
staylor26 09:36 PM 11-02-2020
This guy is like really fucking good.

He’s playing so well as an UDFA rookie at a position where guys just simply don’t usually play that well until year 2 or 3.

His upside is extremely high for a guy that’s just a rotational player right now. Him and Jones as our interior pass rushers is going to be unfair for the next few years.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:05 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No, it's not right.

He played last year at 255.

He currently weighs about 285.
Looking at him I'm skeptical.

Much like the vikings did with john randall's weight, I think they're bulking him up on paper.

Remember randall? He started out as a 240 pound defensive tackle in the nfl. They always billed him heavier than he was.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:09 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
6' 4" 255 lbs
Is that right? Dude is an absolute freak if he's holding his own on the inside at that weight.
To add to what htismaqe said, Wharton played DE at Missouri S&T (Rolla) and was listed at the 6'4", 255 pounds. Not sure what his weight actually was but when he participated in the 2020 East West Shrine Bowl, he was measured and weighed. He was 6'1" and weighed 280 pounds with a 76.25" arm span and 10.25" hands. His arms are only 31.25", so not long armed at all.

Chiefswire.com spoke with Brett Eiskina (Breakthrough Sports), a trainer for Wharton before the season and they said he was 290 pounds, ran a 4.7 40 time, 32 bench presses of 225, 35 inch vertical, and 10' broad jump.

I really did not believe all of the hype. Made me think of past hype for players that never panned out. He appears to be the real deal...sorry bad choice of words. He appears to be a good football player.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:09 AM 11-03-2020
He is quickly becoming our 2nd best defensive lineman. He mobility is excellent.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:18 AM 11-03-2020
I once walked the same campus as Tershawn Wharton. That's going in my Christmas letter this year.
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:23 AM 11-03-2020
TURK!!!!

This man has been quite the find by Veach. I keep hearing his name when he is on the field so he is certainly making an impact. A couple games back he ran down a running back from behind. That impressed the crap out of me! A man of that size continuing the play and being able to move that fast was amazing.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:29 AM 11-03-2020
I loved watching him throw Darnold like it was nothing. Skip to 3:02:

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

Much like the vikings did with john randall's weight, I think they're bulking him up on paper.

Remember randall? He started out as a 240 pound defensive tackle in the nfl. They always billed him heavier than he was.
He weighed in at 280 at the Shrine Bowl.

EDIT: Seems like Wilson8 beat me to it.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:06 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I loved watching him throw Darnold like it was nothing. Skip to 3:02:

I wonder if he ever wrestle before when he picked up Darnold like that.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:44 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

John Randle had one of the thickest lower bodies... Dude was a beast.

(That sounded way more sexual than intended)
[Reply]
Palko 4 ever 11-03-2020, 11:48 AM
This message has been deleted by Palko 4 ever.
Peter Gibbons 11:53 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I once walked the same campus as Tershawn Wharton. That's going in my Christmas letter this year.
Rainman, you went to Rolla? What was your major?
I was a ChE that graduated in 1993.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:02 PM 11-03-2020
Pennel was suspended in a year with no real offseason. He's probably still a bit out of shape.
Exactly.

I don't understand why people think these guys would have just picked up where they left off on Super Bowl Sunday, especially given the weirdness of 2020.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:27 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
Rainman, you went to Rolla? What was your major?
I was a ChE that graduated in 1993.
No way. PM sent to compare notes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:49 PM 11-03-2020
Epinesa is a DE, Wharton is a DT. Not sure what you're getting at here?
Wharton can do both. My point, though, was that he is putting up better numbers playing inside than Epinesa on the edge (as a UDFA vs. second rounder).

Granted, he's playing more, but that's a great indicator as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:50 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
How about epithet?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wharton can do both. My point, though, was that he is putting up better numbers playing inside than Epinesa on the edge (as a UDFA vs. second rounder).

Granted, he's playing more, but that's a great indicator as well.
Ah. Make sense now.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up