ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 162
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:21 PM 12-29-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:23 PM 12-29-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:33 PM 12-29-2020

[Reply]
RunKC 04:38 PM 12-29-2020
Bills, Steelers and Titans win WC round.

Bills beat Steelers and we beat the Titans in the divisional.

Chiefs beat the Bills for revenge from 93 in the championship game.

Chiefs beat the Packers in the SB for SB I revenge
[Reply]
diqlix 04:41 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Wow.

He is REALLY down on the Chiefs.

Jeez
[Reply]
diqlix 04:44 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The one thing you cannot do against Josh Allen and the Buffalo offense is play soft or stagnant zone. Because then Daboll will get a WR who is Allen's 1st read open and all he has to do is fire the ball into the area (which he can because he has a rocket arm).

What Allen struggles with is reading a defense post-snap, throwing with anticipation, and going through progressions quickly.

So Tennessee caused them a problem because cloud coverage and Allen had to throw into a narrow window with great safety play (Tenny's D sucks against almost everyone else!). But these basic throws with anticipation elude Allen so he gave up and just kept hitting checkdowns.

Against the Rams 1st half, they played soft zone and Allen picked them apart. In the 2nd half Rams went back to man coverage and pressure and Allen looked like he did last year (except Staley kept calling zone on 3rd and long).

Against KC, Spags lied to Allen and showed pressure/man, dropped into zone. Or did something else at LOS to confuse Allen. This messed up his timing and he didn't have 100 yard going into the 4th. Near the end Spags would bail out sooner and Allen saw zone and ....boom. He started hitting.

This is not to say Allen is terrible or bad. He has some elite traits but huge weaknesses as well. For some reason, NFL teams either don't have the personnel or scheme ready to get him out of his comfort zone. The Buffalo offense reminds me of Baltimore last year that rolled through the league until Tennessee found some counters in the playoffs (loading up the middle of the field).
You keep repeating the lie that Allen is a one read QB.

Allen is one of the top rated QB’s in the NFL when forced beyond his first read. Only Mahomes and Rodgers are higher (last time I looked).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:47 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
You keep repeating the lie that Allen is a one read QB.

Allen is one of the top rated QB’s in the NFL when forced beyond his first read. Only Mahomes and Rodgers are higher (last time I looked).
I didn't say he is a one read QB. You said that. I said he struggles to process quickly and the Bills are very focused on getting his 1st read open.

Against the Patriots he did get his 1st read taken away and made plays to someone else or a checkdown...but he also often had 5, 6 or more seconds to do so.

He has slow eyes. If you can't see that and he's YOUR QB that's on you.

And your evidence that he is a great processor is some stupid stat sheet you pulled with no context?! I trust HOF QB's and NFL executives over your fake stats.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:06 PM 12-29-2020
I didn't say he is a one read QB. You said that. I said he struggles to process quickly and the Bills are very focused on getting his 1st read open.

Against the Patriots he did get his 1st read taken away and made plays to someone else or a checkdown...but he also often had 5, 6 or more seconds to do so.

He has slow eyes. If you can't see that and he's YOUR QB that's on you.

And your evidence that he is a great processor is some stupid stat sheet you pulled with no context?! I trust HOF QB's and NFL executives over your fake stats.
Allen averaged 3.28 seconds to throw last night.

You continuously make things up. Allen is not a slow processor at all. In any way.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:33 PM 12-29-2020

You continuously make things up. Allen is not a slow processor at all. In any way.
but he also often had 5, 6 or more seconds to do so.

I just said that you moron!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:33 PM 12-29-2020

3.28 seconds is a REALLY long time, man.

A long average time to throw (Allen has had one of the longest each year of his career) can be indicative of a player who scrambles but also can be indicative of a guy who processes slowly.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:34 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

A long average time to throw (Allen has had one of the longest each year of his career) can be indicative of a player who scrambles but also can be indicative of a guy who processes slowly.
And that includes quick throws to the sideline that were predetermined where the ball came out fast on his 1st read.

On some of his deeper throws as many as 5 or 6 seconds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:42 PM 12-29-2020

The NFL average is under 3 IIRC.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:43 PM 12-29-2020
Wait, what... I mean, 3.28 sounded high to me, but it's not a stat that I look at.

Googling, there's this random graph from last year. Who cares where people are at in week 4 from last year, that's not the point.

But.... 3.28 isn't even on the chart. :-)

[Reply]
diqlix 06:10 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Last time I looked, Mahomes average time to
throw was around 2.9 seconds and Allen’s was 3.0 seconds.

Somewhere around there.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:11 PM 12-29-2020
but he also often had 5, 6 or more seconds to do so.

I just said that you moron!
Right.

You said 5-6 seconds but his average time to throw was literally half that.

In other words, you said the opposite of the truth.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 162
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162 >
Up