ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3451 of 3903
« First < 2451295133513401344134473448344934503451 3452345334543455346135013551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
R Clark 04:43 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Moderna.
Damn I just got the first one today, thought I was really doing something right lol . I hope your daughter is alright.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:50 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Damn I just got the first one today, thought I was really doing something right lol . I hope your daughter is alright.
Well the vaccine wouldn't have had time to take effect but hopefully it prevents her from having much of a case.

That makes all 3 of my kids have now tested positive at some point. They are all pretty young young (28, 23, and 19) so its been no biggie to this point.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:56 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
We should make a lunch bet, because I'd guess closer to 90 percent when all is said and done. I'm hopeful that most people will do the logic and realize that the deaths and illnesses are down because of the vaccine and so they'll want to be part of that.

Just no chance. We already are at about 10% with confirmed infections. In that group perhaps 2-3% will get it? So the maximum is already about 90%. Behavioral psychology just tells me that there is a window for getting as many people to do it as possible and it’s directly correlated to the perceived threat, which will be greatly reduced by early summer.

So the question becomes is everyone, those who make and enforce rules, going to accept that 50% and just let everyone get on with returning to normal?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:58 PM 02-24-2021
If the vaccines were less effective, there would be a stronger argument and a stronger push for doing things like requiring proof of vaccination in order to fly once everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated.

My guess is it will probably only be required for international flights.

I'm guessing around a 70% vaccination rate. Certainly not 90. If it turns out to only be 50% it wouldn't shock me.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:26 PM 02-24-2021
Got the 2cd one today.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TLO 07:21 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
About 50% of the staff at the local nursing home doesn't want to get the vaccine ,so I think general population we might get lucky to get flu shot numbers 40%, I figure 35% because of the new technology people will be unsure of.
The staff at the local nursing home probably have a combined IQ of 66.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:26 PM 02-24-2021
Every survey I have seen shows about 33 percent will not get vaccinated.

Honestly, doesn't matter. If you're at risk you get your chance then we all move on.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:57 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Honestly, doesn't matter. If you're at risk you get your chance then we all move on.
I've been a mask supporter and in favor of restrictions the entire time. But yeah, one everyone who wants the vaccine has had the chance to get it, it's game on.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:59 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've been a mask supporter and in favor of restrictions the entire time. But yeah, one everyone who wants the vaccine has had the chance to get it, it's game on.
Same here
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:35 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Maybe I'll be surprised, but I think there's a big difference between saying you'll turn down the vaccine in theory and actually saying no when you get the call. I think a lot of people right now are posturing for their own reasons, but when the rubber hits the road they'll get it.

I know it's me-search instead of research, but I know people in rural areas who are telling me that they won't get vaccinated, and it's 100 percent that they will. I know these people, and they'll get it. They just feel like they're supposed to say no at the moment.
[Reply]
O.city 07:13 AM 02-25-2021
Seems like case decline has stopped and is now ticking back up

Everyone that has the opportunity get your vaccine (if you want, if not don’t)
[Reply]
LTL 08:26 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
The staff at the local nursing home probably have a combined IQ of 66.
Hospital I'm at was probably at about 60% that took it. We have had the opportunity twice to get it and twice some turned it down. The dividing line was age. Around 40 n under majority declined. Since it didn't or least with their own eyes they seen the vast majority of people that got COVID were in the 60 plus age range they didn't see a need to get it.
[Reply]
Fish 11:01 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-) WTF are you smoking? Have you been to any rural areas? Those people are NOT on board.
LOL, no shit. Take a visit to any small town across the midwest. The overwhelming majority are taking zero precautions. It's a drastic difference compared to the cities.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:41 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL, no shit. Take a visit to any small town across the midwest. The overwhelming majority are taking zero precautions. It's a drastic difference compared to the cities.
Yeah, for sure. But I dont think there are a ton of anti vaxxers. A lot are just ambivalent. If it means getting kids back into schools, church, getting their neighbors restaurant going again, etc... I don't think you're selling a lot of people in these areas that they need it, but you can probably sell plenty of them on just doing it to get it over with.
[Reply]
Fish 12:56 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, for sure. But I dont think there are a ton of anti vaxxers. A lot are just ambivalent. If it means getting kids back into schools, church, getting their neighbors restaurant going again, etc... I don't think you're selling a lot of people in these areas that they need it, but you can probably sell plenty of them on just doing it to get it over with.
As someone who grew up in one of those small midwest towns, and still has all family still living in small midwest towns, I'm going to disagree. I have family working in a small town hospital, convinced that the vaccine is a Bill Gates death cocktail. You're not selling some of these people no matter what.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02-25-2021, 01:36 PM
This message has been deleted by suzzer99.
Page 3451 of 3903
« First < 2451295133513401344134473448344934503451 3452345334543455346135013551 > Last »
Up