ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith unlikely to ever play again
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:39 AM 03-21-2019

Alex Smith is “unlikely to ever play again,” per @JasonLaCanfora https://t.co/4GUBsNFqAZ

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
crispystl 11:01 AM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Yes. He should just be happy doctors saved his leg. He's got more money than God. Just enjoy your kids and then coach if you want to stay in Football. No reason to go out there and get pounded again. Washington isn't going to be competitive for many years.
That injury is only going to diminish his mobility (most likely severely) so it doesn't seem very advisable to me.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:03 AM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:

"That's the plan," he told Goff. "There are steps I've got to conquer before I get there. ... I'm already throwing. Throwing isn't a problem, but dropping, moving around, change of direction."

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:15 AM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He's got more money than God.
God doesn't have any money. Just sayin
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:27 AM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
God doesn't have any money. Just sayin
Sure he does. And his is all tax free!
[Reply]
Sorce 11:30 AM 06-21-2019
I wonder if he has to say that to keep getting paid, not sure how NFL contracts are worded regarding career ending injuries.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:34 AM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Honestly,

After our OC moves on, wouldn't mind bringing him in as a QB Coach/OC
No thank you.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:35 AM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I wonder if he has to say that to keep getting paid, not sure how NFL contracts are worded regarding career ending injuries.
Otherwise, he'd have to retire...
[Reply]
old_geezer 12:17 PM 06-21-2019
My thoughts on Smith remain unchanged; I had problems with his QB play but never with him as a person. He was and is a class act and I wish him nothing but happiness and success (except against the Chiefs) in the rest of his life.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:18 PM 06-21-2019
Alex is a good guy. I hope he's not living in some kind of dream world. He was never taking Washington anywhere, and now that's assured. 35 years old, has all his faculties and should be able to walk again...and he's worth like 200 million...dude...call it a career and move on to something else.

I get that these guys love the game, I have no doubt that Alex loves to play, but all things must come to an end. How many QB's are successful after 35 when healthy? All it takes is one hit, as he's seen. Just hang it up for you and your family's sake. Go coach, or do TV or some shit.
[Reply]
Sorce 02:34 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Otherwise, he'd have to retire...
Which after the Barry Sanders thing I thought teams started putting clauses in their contracts. I'm guessing he says he's coming back for now until they agree on an injury settlement.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:53 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
New article on Smith. Long read, but interesting.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say mental obstacles, there are things with my leg I don't trust yet," Smith said. "I feel I'm quite a bit further along than I think."
He's checking down his expectations.

Good luck to the guy. And yeah, he's retired whether he knows it or not. He may just not be able to say that for contract reasons or something.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:55 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
No thank you.
Jesus H. Christ, can you imagine?

"You're a good quarterback kid, but you take too many chances. Forget about yards, touchdowns, and postseason success...with my expert tutelage, you'll have the highest completion percentage this league has ever seen."
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:08 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He's checking down his expectations.

Good luck to the guy. And yeah, he's retired whether he knows it or not. He may just not be able to say that for contract reasons or something.
I agree. He is done. Ashame cause you can tell the guy loves to play football but at least he made a lot of money and made playoffs a couple years.

Class act wish him nothing but the best.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:17 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I agree. He is done. Ashame cause you can tell the guy loves to play football but at least he made a lot of money and made playoffs a couple years.

Class act wish him nothing but the best.
Hell of an achievement for the first pick in the draft

Poor SF fans.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:44 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Hell of an achievement for the first pick in the draft

Poor SF fans.
Happens. Not like Alex Smith is the first #1 overall pick to not live up to expectations.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up