ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Need some help from the mechanics
TLO 06:51 PM 08-15-2020
2015 Dodge Charger RT - 75,000 miles.

I'm noticing a clicking/ticking sound coming from the front end, (sounds like maybe from the right side) under acceleration at low speed. The noise is also present when coming to a stop. It seems to be worse when turning under acceleration. At higher speeds the noise goes away. (Will generally stop once I hit 15mph or so)

The noise is not present when the car is cold. Takes about 15 minutes of driving before it becomes noticeable at all.

Car seems to be running well, no issues shifting.

Will try to provide more details as needed.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:14 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't know about that one used trucks are expensive even old beaters are commanding dollars.
Yup you're going to spend atleast 5k on a piece of shit that likely comes with problems
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:42 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I reached out to my mechanic he said body shop
Fair enough.

Did you pay your bill with the mechanic? :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:46 AM 07-06-2022
Take it to Jason Sauto
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:48 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fair enough.

Did you pay your bill with the mechanic? :-)
This piece of shit has probably paid for his whole building as many times as he's worked on it. I'm debating just selling it for parts at this point. Trying to reach a body shop to work on it has been rather tough at this point.
[Reply]
threebag 09:22 AM 07-06-2022
If you hadn’t railed those hogs at the bars this probably wouldn’t be happening right now.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:26 AM 07-06-2022
My money says, not long after you get that repaired then some other major part of the suspension will fail.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:28 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
If you hadn’t railed those hogs at the bars this probably wouldn’t be happening right now.
:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:30 PM 07-06-2022
Finally found a shop. Might take it in a few weeks for now I'll try and decide what I want to do. It's hard to justify getting a new car at this moment with the way prices are though
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:36 PM 07-06-2022
Around here, a decent '97 Ranger would go for around $4-6K. Yours ain't decent though.

You're going to keep throwing money at that truck. It ain't gonna stop.

You only throw money at old cars like that if they're special and you plan on keeping it for awhile.

If not, try looking into financing something around 9 years old, if money is a big factor. IIRC, banks generally won't finance cars that are older than 10 years.

You might even find some places that will work with you on some in house financing, but you can expect them to rape you on the APR.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:51 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Finally found a shop. Might take it in a few weeks for now I'll try and decide what I want to do. It's hard to justify getting a new car at this moment with the way prices are though
I dunno man. Major structural issues usually don't happen independently. Odds are other aspects are garbage and need a ton of money.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up