Page 365 of 4890
« First < 265315355361362363364365 3663673683693754154658651365 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But yet on his MMQB yesterday (more recent) he says the Chiefs were trying to trade down with the Cowboys.

Lynch got within a couple picks and we didn't make a move. Says a lot about how much we supposedly liked him.

We have enough 2017 picks to make a move and we chose not to. Even when we knew our division rival would trade up for him.
Or we offered 2017 picks and the other team didn't want them.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Or we offered 2017 picks and the other team didn't want them.
You're really buying that the Chiefs badly wanted Lynch, but failed to get him?

Why were they willing to trade down with the Cowboys for a mere 3rd if he made it to 28 then?

Something isn't adding up here.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 AM 05-03-2016
They liked Lynch and would have drafted him, but keeping Alex and gathering more picks to push for a SB now was more important.

Next year will be the year to get our QB. I just hope there's a good class.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:29 AM 05-03-2016
Denver will be a much better team next year, especially on offense. I have no idea how Denver was able to win as many games as they did with Ryan Harris at LT and Michael Schofield at RT. Russell Okung and Donald Stephenson will be massive upgrades. Getting Michael Schofield off the field alone is worth two extra wins... He's that bad.

Malik and Danny were our 5th and 9th best players on defense last year. Simmons will be a huge get for us because we didn't have a true FS last year, Stewart, Ward, and Bruton were all strong safeties. Nelson most likely won't be the guy replacing Danny, Todd Davis will. We actually have three really good options to fill in for Danny with Todd Davis, Corey Nelson, and Zaire Anderson.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
Denver will be a much better team next year, especially on offense. I have no idea how Denver was able to win as many games as they did with Ryan Harris at LT and Michael Schofield at RT. Russell Okung and Donald Stephenson will be massive upgrades. Getting Michael Schofield off the field alone is worth two extra wins... He's that bad.

Malik and Danny were our 5th and 9th best players on defense last year. Simmons will be a huge get for us because we didn't have a true FS last year, Stewart, Ward, and Bruton were all strong safeties. Nelson most likely won't be the guy replacing Danny, Todd Davis will. We actually have three really good options to fill in for Danny with Todd Davis, Corey Nelson, and Zaire Anderson.
:-) Never change KnowMo
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They liked Lynch and would have drafted him, but keeping Alex and gathering more picks to push for a SB now was more important.

Next year will be the year to get our QB. I just hope there's a good class.
Not true.

If he were on the board when we were on the clock, we would've passed and traded he Cowboys for a 3rd.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:47 AM 05-03-2016
Congratulations on getting a Brokedick LT that got Russell Wilson killed and upgrading over Michael Schofield by bringing in our Michael Schofield :-)

The Chiefs play Denver later in the season, so Houston will have been back and been through some extensive game action to get back in the groove.

The Chiefs murdered Denver's OL last year and forced them to use 7 blockers. Add Chris Jones to that and it's going to get even worse for you Knowmo.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:48 AM 05-03-2016

:-)
Give it a rest. The guy fucking blows.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:21 AM 05-03-2016
I'm not worried about it. I don't think Elway or Kubiak are either. And John Dorsey and Andy Reid didn't seem to care either because they liked him too.
You should be. The only question is have the Chargers passed you as well??? It's KC and the Faid for the West.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:01 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You're really buying that the Chiefs badly wanted Lynch, but failed to get him?

Why were they willing to trade down with the Cowboys for a mere 3rd if he made it to 28 then?

Something isn't adding up here.
His agent was the one spreading that BS....it's what they do. If he can coax some sucker to move up due to fabricated interest...he makes more cash. He almost got Jones to bite...but found that sucker in Elway. Dorsey is smart enough to read the tea leaves... and knew Denver wanted Lynch. Nothing like costing your rival a pick in a deep class....nice work.

Lynch was a late 2nd/early 3rd project QB in a sane world...KC drafts smart QBs... Murray & Hogan. The only reason Bray in on the team is KC picked him up for free. Dumb QB's wont work in Reid's system...Kubiak's maybe.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:11 PM 05-03-2016
Donovan McNabb had a lower wonderlic score than Lynch did and he was the best QB Reid ever had. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:19 PM 05-03-2016
I told you to zip it. Nuke this terrible thread from orbit.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 05-03-2016
Donovan McNabb had a lower wonderlic score than Lynch did and he was the best QB Reid ever had. :-)
Again, totally different eras.

Lynch has never even played under center in a pro style offense. His learning process is much larger than McNabb, Marino, or any of those other guys coming out of college. That Auburn defense is the closest thing he's ever seen to an NFL defense and he struggled throwing the ball in smaller windows.

Also, what QB's has Gary Kubiak developed? He's not Andy Reid in that department. That's for sure.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:22 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Looking at Denver's draft seemed like some value mixed with need. I really liked Lynch, but a big part of that was BC we could stash him away and teach him the small things. Denver isn't gonna do that IMO and it's going to kill this guy.

Justin Simmons was a guy I really liked as well as Booker, so they got better there.

Their OL is still garbage that's going to get raped by the Chiefs and Raiders, maybe even the Chargers now that they have Bosa.

Their defense will take a step back IMO. Malik Jackson was an elite interior pass rusher with good run stuffing ability, which ironically who I compared Chris Jones to.
Corey Nelson is not Danny Trevathan, their best pass defending ILB last year. Ware is just as much of a question mark as Tamba. He's 34 and has had injury problems in Denver causing him to miss time in 2/3 years. So Ray and Barrett need to take over, and Barrett did nothing against us.
I honestly think that if you double Von, their pass rush rush drops a lot.

Denver is an 8-8 team to me.
Interesting. What do you predict the Chief's record will be?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:27 PM 05-03-2016
I think he is being generous Vail. That was an 8 win team last year with out preferential treatment. They got much worse in the off-season.
[Reply]
Page 365 of 4890
« First < 265315355361362363364365 3663673683693754154658651365 > Last »
Up