ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Get ready for Wednesday (Christmas Day) football
FloridaMan88 10:58 AM 03-26-2024
The NFL will have almost every day of the week covered next season…

The NFL is planning on playing TWO games on Christmas, a Wednesday, this year, per sources. The plan is for the four teams playing on Wednesday to also be part of a doubleheader the previous Saturday, so they get TNF-like run up to the game.

Tough haul for those teams, though.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:49 PM 03-26-2024
JFC talk about squeezing blood out of a turnip. White knights in 3...2...1
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:58 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
They want the Chiefs on most of the prime time games so it's very possible.
It would take the Chiefs out of back to back weeks of being available to play in the traditional prime time/national TV windows since the Christmas Day teams will also play the previous Saturday.

That might be the deciding factor to keep the Chiefs out of this.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:01 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Good excuse to tune out the in-laws
Honestly, I love the idea of Football on Christmas.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 03:16 PM 03-26-2024
I have zero problem with Christmas football. I’d rather be watching games anyways since I don’t have kids, just the girlfriend and her family. But I do think it’s a bit tacky by the league to act so concerned about player health when these teams would be playing 3 games in 11 days. The game preparation during that stretch is going to be dogshit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:18 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I have zero problem with Christmas football. I’d rather be watching games anyways since I don’t have kids, just the girlfriend and her family. But I do think it’s a bit tacky by the league to act so concerned about player health when these teams would be playing 3 games in 11 days. The game preparation during that stretch is going to be dogshit.
If they can't get sued for it, then they aren't concerned.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:23 PM 03-26-2024
That last 7-10 days of December is going to be stacked with football… expanded college football playoffs, NFL games almost every day.

That doesn’t suck.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:08 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
That Raiders game ruined my Christmas day. Don't want that again.
And watch them put the Chiefs on that day. :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up