ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
cmh6476 03:09 PM 03-23-2024
Fock that year. Biggest disappointment in any season I can remember. Time to reload.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:12 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Fock that year. Biggest disappointment in any season I can remember. Time to reload.
Last (this) season had some of the worst luck we’ve had since the 2019 season. Pretty similar in several ways.

Both had injuries. Both had players get dismissed. Both had McDonald’s All Americans not live up to the hype. Both had other transfers not translate well.

But guess what? The right guys came back and improved in 2020. A few other additions helped too, which created one of the best teams of the Self era.

We’ll get a few good players back with a strong recruiting class and a couple key transfers.

We’ll be really good in 24/25. It’s what the great coaches at top programs do.
[Reply]
Ceej 03:23 PM 03-23-2024
In.

Wish list - Liam McNeeley and Zeke Mayo.
[Reply]
cmh6476 03:24 PM 03-23-2024
I upped my WEF contribution this year and hoping for a seat upgrade for a better season than last year.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:42 PM 03-23-2024
I'm ready.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:49 PM 03-23-2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:00 PM 03-23-2024
Man, that takes on the KU side of X are something else right now.

Lots of people talking about the major problems with the program, while also ignoring having 2 Final Fours and a title in the last 7 years with another overall 1 seed for a canceled tourney.

People simply aren’t understanding the impact of losing an AA to injury. You just don’t have another one of those guys on the bench. And sometimes even McDonald’s AAs don’t live up to the hype.

Hell, if Josh Selby did we would’ve won it all in 2011. If Diallo did, we might have in 2016.

Taking a chance on Arterio was risky and ended badly, but you can understand why Self took that chance. Sucks, but I get it.

Chicken littles are out in full force.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:13 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Man, that takes on the KU side of X are something else right now.

Lots of people talking about the major problems with the program, while also ignoring having 2 Final Fours and a title in the last 7 years with another overall 1 seed for a canceled tourney.

People simply aren’t understanding the impact of losing an AA to injury. You just don’t have another one of those guys on the bench. And sometimes even McDonald’s AAs don’t live up to the hype.
Season was effectively over as soon as McCullar made the decision he did. Not sure how anybody who watched the team this year didn’t realize it. Self certainly did. The drop off from even the hurt version of him to anybody else on the roster taking those minutes was absolutely enormous.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:20 PM 03-23-2024

Bill Self: “For the last month, I’ve been thinking about next season to be honest.”

— Bryan Fischer (@BryanDFischer) March 23, 2024

Him and every other KU fan on the planet. Hope he’s got a plan to get shooting in.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:24 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Him and every other KU fan on the planet. Hope he’s got a plan to get shooting in.
Starts with McNeeley. Also, NBA Scouts need to shit all over Furphy.

Those two would be a great start.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:24 PM 03-23-2024
That's a real quote? :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:25 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Starts with McNeeley. Also, NBA Scouts need to shit all over Furphy.

Those two would be a great start.
I can tell you that if I was a scout I definitely wouldn’t be recommending a Furphy pick. Some of these scouts are idiots though.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:29 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I can tell you that if I was a scout I definitely wouldn’t be recommending a Furphy pick. Some of these scouts are idiots though.
Being 1 year old seems to be more of a negative than any improvement in play is a positive.

Furphy really seems like a guy who could explode with another full year with a D1 strength program.

Furphy and McNeely on the wings with Dajuan, Dickinson, and Bidunga is a terrific starting line up.

Get another shooter in the portal and bring KJ off the bench with McDowell and the rest of the incoming freshmen.

Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:36 PM 03-23-2024
In for the win!

No, wait, who we playing?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Up