ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
oaklandhater 03:13 PM 03-20-2024

The NFL competition committee has proposed a new rule that would penalize a player with a 15-yard penalty and grant the opposition an automatic first down for using the hip-drop tackle to bring a runner to the ground.

This is the definition of a hip-drop tackle:
(a) grabs the… pic.twitter.com/yL7peCR8gS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 20, 2024

YAC gods will go crazy
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:16 PM 03-20-2024
Pretty much can’t tackle someone from behind without pushing them forward

If they’re moving forward and you grab them from behind, and weigh less, your only option is to pretty much to drop your weight and their legs are likely to be under you

So the Donny Edwards drag 5+ yards rule
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:16 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You tackle the legs
That's one way, yeah. I don't know what games people have been watching. There are a bunch of ways to get a guy to the ground without doing this specific thing.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:21 PM 03-20-2024
If you thought this team was bad at tackling before, can't wait for all the "FUCKING TACKLE HIM!!!" in the game day threads when their only option becomes swiping at the shoelaces.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:21 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Not sure how this relates to a horse collar tackle.

How the **** do you tackle a runner from behind with this rule?
Because in both instances, you abruptly stop the ball carriers’ upper body momentum while their legs continue moving, causing a high probability that the legs will get trapped beneath the body when the ball carrier is brought down, leading to a significant risk of lower body injury.

It is important to note with the hip drop rule that this isn’t a ban of grabbing the ball carrier’s legs from behind or even grabbing them high, the defender simply can’t begin by grabbing the ball carrier high and then dropping down onto the legs.

I really don’t think it’ll be as hard to eliminate from the game as it sounds and I don’t think there will be many noticeable changes.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:22 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Because in both instances, you abruptly stop the ball carriers’ upper body momentum while their legs continue moving, causing a high probability that the legs will get trapped beneath the body when the ball carrier is brought down, leading to a significant risk of lower body injury.

It is important to note with the hip drop rule that this isn’t a ban of grabbing the ball carrier’s legs from behind, the defender simply can’t begin by grabbing the ball carrier high and then dropping down onto the legs.

I really don’t think it’ll be as hard to eliminate from the game as it sounds and I don’t think there will be many noticeable changes.
The fuck are you talking about "grabbing him high"? Do you even see the damn example in the tweet? He's grabbing his fucking hips.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:23 PM 03-20-2024
The should’ve just shot him in the leg rule
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:25 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The **** are you talking about "grabbing him high"? Do you even see the damn example in the tweet? He's grabbing his ****ing hips.
To put it as simply as possible,

The danger of a horse collar tackle and the danger of a hip drop tackle are both the legs being trapped beneath body weight.

In both instances, the ball carrier will fall backwards awkwardly and have their legs trapped beneath them. They are very closely related plays.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:28 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I have no idea how a DB weighing 210 brings down a 275 lb TE running full speed.
Same way they should have been taught in Pee Wees for the past 50 years?
[Reply]
R Clark 08:31 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
If they keep the definition as narrow as it is in that tweet, it will get called what, maybe 3 times in a season?
Key words
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:41 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Whenever stuff gets proposed in the name of 'player safety' it tends to get adopted. If the NFLPA wants it, the NFL is unlikely to fight hard against it because they don't want to be on the other side of a lawsuit in the future.
Was just reading more about this and I'm seeing the the NFLPA doesn't want it. Thinks it's too hard on the defending player. I think the league is gonna go ahead anyway because they don't want to have stars unavailable for the playoffs if they can help it.
[Reply]
CatinKS 09:00 PM 03-20-2024
Now, I'm afraid I'll be watching nothing but "Flag Football" before I die. This generation is getting so Soft.
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 09:13 PM 03-20-2024
Yet another penalty that can be called, or not called, whenever it needs to be called.

Or not called.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:24 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by CatinKS:
Now, I'm afraid I'll be watching nothing but "Flag Football" before I die. This generation is getting so Soft.
Yeah, these pussies can't even be a man and play through broken fibulas
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:46 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by CatinKS:
Yeah they may be soft, but they are exponentially bigger, faster, stronger and more explosive than the old generation by a huge margin. If they played like they did in the 70s there would be far more injuries.

The game isn’t the same.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 09:49 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah they may be soft, but they are exponentially bigger, faster, stronger and more explosive than the old generation by a huge margin. If they played like they did in the 70s there would be far more injuries.

The game isn’t the same.
Good Lord, can you imagine if Aaron Donald had the freedom those guys used to have? He'd kill 1 or 2 guys a season.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up