ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
oaklandhater 03:13 PM 03-20-2024

The NFL competition committee has proposed a new rule that would penalize a player with a 15-yard penalty and grant the opposition an automatic first down for using the hip-drop tackle to bring a runner to the ground.

This is the definition of a hip-drop tackle:
(a) grabs the… pic.twitter.com/yL7peCR8gS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 20, 2024

YAC gods will go crazy
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:46 PM 03-20-2024
It should be illegal to make any contact with Patrick Mahomes imo
[Reply]
scho63 03:46 PM 03-20-2024
Opening Day 2027

Chiefs 148 - Ravens 103
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:51 PM 03-20-2024
I know people are generally against this.

But the worst unwatchable football is when great players aren't on the field. Nobody wants to watch a playoff game with skyler Thompson. That is way less watchable than stricter penalties on tackling. We lucked out on mahomes avoiding serious injury last year but our tune would totally change if he didn't come back.

So yeah, in general I'm OK with it considering that unlike a lot of rules about hitting qbs this one seems to injure at an extremely high rate
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:54 PM 03-20-2024
They need to ban the tackling of Patrick Mahomes, that's what they need to do. Fucking around with all this pissant shit. Get to the real meat and potatoes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It should be illegal to make any contact with Patrick Mahomes imo

Well, as it's already illegal to say mean things about a QB in his vicinity, I'm sure that's coming soon enough.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:59 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know people are generally against this.

But the worst unwatchable football is when great players aren't on the field. Nobody wants to watch a playoff game with skyler Thompson. That is way less watchable than stricter penalties on tackling. We lucked out on mahomes avoiding serious injury last year but our tune would totally change if he didn't come back.

So yeah, in general I'm OK with it considering that unlike a lot of rules about hitting qbs this one seems to injure at an extremely high rate
Offensive player has a choice to go down when someone is on their back. Defensive player putting all his weight on the runner is appropriate. If you are worried about getting hurt, go the **** down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
"Proposed". Where does it say "likely"?
Whenever stuff gets proposed in the name of 'player safety' it tends to get adopted. If the NFLPA wants it, the NFL is unlikely to fight hard against it because they don't want to be on the other side of a lawsuit in the future.
[Reply]
493rd 04:06 PM 03-20-2024
Can’t wait to see the botched interpretations of this next year that cost teams 15yds.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:07 PM 03-20-2024
it's a tricky one to call correctly.

if they could call it consistently on both teams, ok

but I dont think they can
[Reply]
KCJake 04:10 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
"Proposed". Where does it say "likely"?
It's happening
[Reply]
KCJake 04:10 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Whenever stuff gets proposed in the name of 'player safety' it tends to get adopted. If the NFLPA wants it, the NFL is unlikely to fight hard against it because they don't want to be on the other side of a lawsuit in the future.
This.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:13 PM 03-20-2024
I think this is probably a good thing. Like Zilla said, if we can keep high cap good players on the field its better for the league.

Seems to me that the dirty ass teams do it the most. It's possible I look for it with greater scrutiny with those teams so I may be way off. But it will definitely affect teams.

Looks to me like speed rules again. Might cause some guys to switch to more 2 deep coverages so they don't have to chase anyone down.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:14 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
it's a tricky one to call correctly.

if they could call it consistently on both teams, ok

but I dont think they can
Yeah, refs will fuck it up like everything else they touch.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:17 PM 03-20-2024
No more throwing or catching the football either.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:21 PM 03-20-2024
If they keep the definition as narrow as it is in that tweet, it will get called what, maybe 3 times in a season?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up