ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 46
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Glazer: Chiefs expect Mahomes to play in AFCCG
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 PM 01-17-2021
Just now on FOX postgame.

Said the reason he was real woozy getting up was they thought he got choked out to some extent by the LB..

But sounded very confident he was going to be good for this week. Also said Mahomes was trying to go back into the game today.
[Reply]
luv 03:16 PM 01-18-2021
I'm confused about the whole protocol thing, I guess. Has it been determined that he does, indeed, have a concussion, or is that what today's tests are for? I mean, he passed initial tests in the tent and locker room, right? I keep seeing stuff about him going through concussion protocol, but don't the results of today's test have to come in first?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:17 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yesterday was also further confirmation that Andy made 100% the right decision to rest his starters in week 17.

The Chiefs had no rust and Mahomes' injury shows how one fluke play can happen.

Imagine that happening in week 17 if Mahomes had played in the first quarter to get the ambiguous "positive momentum for the playoffs" that some here were clamoring for.
AND Henne got some live snaps in a real game. No way that didn’t help him from getting overwhelmed by the moment.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:18 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yesterday was also further confirmation that Andy made 100% the right decision to rest his starters in week 17.

The Chiefs had no rust and Mahomes' injury shows how one fluke play can happen.

Imagine that happening in week 17 if Mahomes had played in the first quarter to get the ambiguous "positive momentum for the playoffs" that some here were clamoring for.
It also allowed Henne to get some game time reps which were invaluable yesterday.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:19 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
I'm confused about the whole protocol thing, I guess. Has it been determined that he does, indeed, have a concussion, or is that what today's tests are for? I mean, he passed initial tests in the tent and locker room, right? I keep seeing stuff about him going through concussion protocol, but don't the results of today's test have to come in first?
I created a thread with the latest info and how the protocol works. Updating it as stuff comes in.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:19 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Bills don't have a running game, so the Chiefs will need to cover Diggs with Sneed, who wasn't available during their first matchup this season, and provide some over-the-top help from Matheiu, Sorenson or Thorhill, then force Allen to beat them.

Reid schemed up the offense for Moore last year, who outright beat the Vikings and nearly beat the Packers. Henne's been with the Chiefs for 3 full seasons and most assuredly has command of the offense but would definitely benefit from some more reps this week.

That said, Mahomes will be the starter.
I think they really value what Sneed can do right now from the slot as a blitzer and run defender, so I do expect him to follow Cole Beasley as the slot corner.

But to your point, there should be a safety helping the CB who covers Diggs on every. single. play. Some combination of CB + Mathieu probably.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:21 PM 01-18-2021
I think Andy knows Pat will play and is 100%...but I wonder if he wants to use the possibility of him but playing not only as gamesmanship toward Buffalo needing to prepare for 2 different styles, but also for added motivation for the rest of the team to step up a little more to compensate for possibility of the drop off from Pat to Chad.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:28 PM 01-18-2021
Rapsheet says nobody knows if Mahomes will play

From The Aftermath: #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is in the concussion protocol, despite not sustaining a hit to the head. I'll explain ������������ pic.twitter.com/kLxg7hKZcc

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 18, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM 01-18-2021
Do we actually know its turf toe? I feel like we are jumping to conclusions on the toe. It very well be a devastated injury but there have been alot of toe injuries that you dont hear about them the rest of the year and they dont affect the player much. Then there are severe ones that forced Deion Sanders to retire early.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:30 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
I think it is because it was an injury at or near the head/neck area and he exhibited concussion-like symptoms which initiated the concussion protocol and they now have to complete that process, even if he ultimately sustained a brachial stun and not a concussion.
[Reply]
Pants 03:32 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

No clue who this person is but they have a blue check mark thing...
KC Sports radio guy.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:36 PM 01-18-2021
I think the important thing here is that if Mahomes does play he isn't more likely to suffer a second concussion. That's very important.

I wouldn't want to rush him out if he suffered a concussion and run the risk of getting another one or long term CTE.

But if it is a Brachial Stun there's no risk of that happening. I'm betting he'll pass the protocol because there's nothing lingering and they'll take all week to do so because of optics and he'll be tip top other than his toe (which is its own set of worries)
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:36 PM 01-18-2021
Pat's going to play. Even Skip and Shannon said he will. SKIP AND SHANNON.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:29 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Pat's going to play. Even Skip and Shannon said he will. SKIP AND SHANNON.
It's pronounced "Thkip" tyvm
[Reply]
SupDock 04:30 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
It's pronounced "Thkip" tyvm
I prefer Skeeeyup
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:25 PM 01-18-2021
Anymore word on his toe?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 46
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »