ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3324 of 3903
« First < 2324282432243274331433203321332233233324 33253326332733283334337434243824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
redfriday 06:56 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Originally Posted by Bwana

Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Your a self righteous prick!
Even your name Donger sounds like a nickname a girl to gives her dildo!

You are an idiot!
[Reply]
Donger 07:02 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by redfriday:
Your a self righteous prick!
Even your name Donger sounds like a nickname a girl to gives her dildo!

You are an idiot!
It's you're, moron.

And that post was blatantly political.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:23 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No, the no lock down crowd is not just the no government crowd. That's you once again having to pigeon hole people that don't agree with you.

Lock every thing down.

Who is paying the rents, mortgages, bills, salaries? Who is buying food? Who is teaching the kids?

See, it's real easy to say "lock it all down" when you sit at home collecting a check. Meanwhile you have no problems making people homeless and starve.

:-)
As far as people posting on a web site, sure.

But the only people at the moment who have the real ability to provide real money to people and businesses that are locked down is congress. The House has passed legislation.

Isn't it pretty much republican senators that are reluctant to spend more money? Hasn't it also been republican governors leading the no lock down crowd?

So if it isn't the exact same people. Isn't the no lock down and the no government at least the same party that was voted into power largely by the same voters?

[Reply]
DaFace 07:58 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

But the only people at the moment who have the real ability to provide real money to people and businesses that are locked down is congress. The House has passed legislation.

Isn't it pretty much republican senators that are reluctant to spend more money? Hasn't it also been republican governors leading the no lock down crowd?

So if it isn't the exact same people. Isn't the no lock down and the no government at least the same party that was voted into power largely by the same voters?

Take it elsewhere.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:58 PM 12-17-2020

Queue the Donger warning about politics and what not.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 PM 12-17-2020
Hoping with the vaccines and such rolling out we won’t have a big Xmas and new year spike.

Could see 5k deaths per day?
[Reply]
Donger 08:20 PM 12-17-2020
And another one. There's a thread in DC if you want to swing by.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I got kind of desensitized to the common types of deaths, which is probably not nice to say, but there were some pretty common story lines that we heard over and over. Seriously, parents - train your kid how to not overcorrect if their tire drops off onto a shoulder. But every once in a while one would come along that would make me cringe, either due to the accident itself or the situation leading up to the accident.
I never, ever wore a seatbelt. After the first week working in an ER. I’ve always wore one since. And anyone who rides in my car wears a seatbelt.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:55 PM 12-17-2020
California has more daily COVID-19 cases than UK, India, France, data shows

https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-dea..._lgogPsyhGboVk
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:37 PM 12-17-2020

That's the most locked down state. They need to get their mask compliance up from 95 to 98 or they are all done for.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:57 PM 12-17-2020

They are loonier than Dinger yet can't control shit
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:55 AM 12-18-2020
Millions of doses of the*COVID-19 vaccine are languishing in warehouses awaiting shipment instructions from the Trump administration*— even as states are clamoring for them — vaccine manufacturer Pzifer said in a statement Thursday.

The startling bottleneck is occurring as America is breaking daily COVID-19 death tolls. The U.S.*lost more people on Wednesday alone (3,611) than the number of people who died on 9/11.

Officials in several states said they were told Wednesday that their second shipments of Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine next week has been*mysteriously reduced, CNN reported. That triggered fears by states that the Trump administration may be incapable of hitting the target of delivering enough vaccine doses for 20 million injections by the end of the year. A source told The Washington Post that Pfizer executives were “baffled”*that the Trump administration wasn’t immediately shipping out all of the vaccine.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:14 AM 12-18-2020
I got my shot. I am still alive
[Reply]
R Clark 07:19 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I got my shot. I am still alive
Good luck
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:46 AM 12-18-2020
How to End Lockdowns Next Month
Target vaccines to the most vulnerable, and don’t give them to people who have already been infected.

Thanks to Operation Warp Speed, Americans will have enough doses to inoculate 20 million people in December and 30 million more in January. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has rightly put nursing-home residents first in line; 38% of U.S. Covid deaths are connected to those settings. Frontline medical personnel will also receive priority; those who care for the elderly should receive special priority. So should people under 65 who are at severely elevated mortality from Covid-19 infection due to severe chronic disease.

These recommendations should reflect vaccine facts published by Pfizer. The company excluded people who had previously been infected with Covid-19 from its analysis, undoubtedly because natural immunity after recovery is known to be robust, so it expected the vaccine to provide no additional protection for them. Children weren’t part of the vaccine trials and shouldn’t receive the vaccine unless it is proved to be safe for them. Not vaccinating those who have recovered will preserve doses for the vulnerable and still susceptible. Priority should be given based on medical risk, not politics, or else more people will needlessly die.

Some 50 million people in the U.S. are over 65. The number of vaccine doses expected to be available over the next two months will be enough to vaccinate every elderly person who wants to be inoculated, as well as health-care workers and other vulnerable people. With a 90%-plus efficacy rate in protecting against Covid-19 symptoms, we will achieve near-perfect focused protection.

At that point, the lockdown should end immediately and forever. For healthy young and middle-aged people, especially for minorities and the poor, the lockdown’s harm far outstrips the harms from infection.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-..._copyURL_share
[Reply]
Page 3324 of 3903
« First < 2324282432243274331433203321332233233324 33253326332733283334337434243824 > Last »
Up