ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2072 of 3903
« First < 1072157219722022206220682069207020712072 207320742075207620822122217225723072 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 12:50 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You can get it from anywhere to 2-6 months after the first shot. Just be nice to the RPh and wear a mask.
Thanks, that first shot kicked my ass for a day......its no joke lol
[Reply]
TLO 12:54 PM 05-15-2020
DHSS Missouri Numbers Yesterday

Cases in Missouri: 10,317

Total Deaths: 562

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 134,458
As of 2:00 p.m. CT, May 14

DHSS Missouri Numbers Today

Cases in Missouri: 10,456

Total Deaths: 576

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 134,458 (not yet updated for 5/15/20)

As of 2:00 p.m. CT, May 15
[Reply]
Pants 12:54 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Shingles suck ass so get it. I had a mild case and it made me want to kill myself.
No. Vaccines are bad and don't work anyway because flu.
[Reply]
sedated 12:56 PM 05-15-2020
Forgive me if this is getting political or beating a dead horse, but I don't see why so many people have an issue wearing a mask compared to, say, driving drunk. Both are choices that can harm other people. One is universally shamed, the other has become a symbol of personal freedom.

What's the difference with someone who refuses to wear a mask while saying "I can control myself, I'll use common sense". Is that not similar to someone over the limit saying they will go the speed limit and pay extra attention? It's not like a person can control where their airborn droplets go and what they might infect.

I've never seen someone argue "this is a free country and I'll drive after 5 beers if I want to!"
[Reply]
petegz28 12:57 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Forgive me if this is getting political or beating a dead horse, but I don't see why so many people have an issue wearing a mask compared to, say, driving drunk. Both are choices that can harm other people. One is universally shamed, the other has become a symbol of personal freedom.

What's the difference with someone who refuses to wear a mask while saying "I can control myself, I'll use common sense". Is that not similar to someone over the limit saying they will go the speed limit and pay extra attention? It's not like a person can control where their airborn droplets go and what they might infect.

I've never seen someone argue "this is a free country and I'll drive after 5 beers if I want to!"
Ask people to do it and they would probably do it.

Tell people to do it and people get pissed off.

That's about how it works
[Reply]
Pants 12:58 PM 05-15-2020

The problem is that you're reasonable and trying to apply logic to this.

Also, nobody is going around posting YouTube videos about how drunk driving deaths are just a government conspiracy.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 05-15-2020
Wait, driving drunk is frowned upon?
[Reply]
Pants 01:00 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Do you ASK people not to drive drunk or do you TELL them?

How can you say something so profoundly dumb and then close it with That's about how it works?"
[Reply]
sedated 01:02 PM 05-15-2020

People were asked to wear masks and they didn't, hence being told to.

People were asked to avoid large gatherings but didn't, hence them being shut down.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:04 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Yes I am human I do get frustrated sometimes, not very often though so congrats Pete your long term commitment to ignoring the facts has managed to do what very few other people have done.
Dude what facts was I ignoring? You started talking about vaccines and I pointed out we don't have one and the group of people that discussed this didn't speak as if we had one. If we get one, great. Until then it's all talk.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:06 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Do you ASK people not to drive drunk or do you TELL them?

How can you say something so profoundly dumb and then close it with That's about how it works?"
Both really.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:06 PM 05-15-2020

I'm a huge proponent of masks given the research I've read, but it's a little hard to compare something that could directly result in the deaths of others to something that contributes to a societal issue that results in deaths. I get what you're coming from, but I don't think most opponents would see them as comparable.

For me, masks are like condoms. You want to have sex with someone? OK, fine. We won't prevent you from doing it, but at least wear a condom. It's not as comfortable. It's not as pleasurable. But it protects her a ton and you some. It's part of the bargain.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:07 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wait, driving drunk is frowned upon?
Generally...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:10 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Thanks, that first shot kicked my ass for a day......its no joke lol
Yeah, it can be rough. About 15-20 percent of people feel bad for a few days, but Shingrix is much more effective than Zostavax was.
[Reply]
Pants 01:12 PM 05-15-2020
Both really.
I am not sure I agree. To me, it seems laws don't ask you to behave a certain way but rather tell you.
[Reply]
Page 2072 of 3903
« First < 1072157219722022206220682069207020712072 207320742075207620822122217225723072 > Last »
Up