ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2022 of 3903
« First < 1022152219221972201220182019202020212022 202320242025202620322072212225223022 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 11:02 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'd prefer that it is left up to the individual to decide.

Let's be real, if it was as easy to transmit as Seedy is implying, we'd ALL have it by now.
It's your right to do whatever you want (provided it's not mandatory in your area), but it's absolutely true that we'd all be better off if everyone wore a mask. I think it's strange to refuse to do just because...what? It makes you look funny? It's mildly uncomfortable? It's just odd to me that this, of all things, is the hill people are choosing to die on.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:03 PM 05-12-2020
I'd prefer that it is left up to the individual to decide.

Let's be real, if it was as easy to transmit as Seedy is implying, we'd ALL have it by now.
We reduced social contacts by some large percentage for the past two months. That might have something to do with why, we don't all have it. As states are opening up, infection rates are going up.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:03 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Wrong.

Ok I'd have to cough in their general direction while within 43" of them.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:05 PM 05-12-2020
I respect your decision to do what you feel is necessary.

But not wearing one at all times doesn't make someone an asshole.
I wear a mask less than 1% of the time. It's not a big inconvenience to me to protect others when I do go out. Compared to all the other shit I have to put up with because of this goddamned virus. I can do this for other people.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:06 PM 05-12-2020
You're aware that a single attendee at a choir rehearsal infected 52 in Washington (2 died), right? You definitely don't have to cough right next to someone.

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...vent-in-report
[Reply]
cdcox 11:07 PM 05-12-2020
One of those droplets contains over 1000 virons.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:09 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's your right to do whatever you want (provided it's not mandatory in your area), but it's absolutely true that we'd all be better off if everyone wore a mask. I think it's strange to refuse to do just because...what? It makes you look funny? It's mildly uncomfortable? It's just odd to me that this, of all things, is the hill people are choosing to die on.
Assholes and stupid people.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:10 PM 05-12-2020
We reduced social contacts by some large percentage for the past two months. That might have something to do with why, we don't all have it. As states are opening up, infection rates are going up.
Ok.

Look, don't take this as me being cavalier about the entire situation. I'm using as many reasonable common sense measures as I can. I have masks with me at all times and I'm not against using them if I feel it is necessary. But my god...I see people walking their dogs and jogging and mowing their lawns with them on.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:11 PM 05-12-2020
You're aware that a single attendee at a choir rehearsal infected 52 in Washington (2 died), right? You definitely don't have to cough right next to someone.

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...vent-in-report
Yes, that's a situation with lots of people in close proximity. That's not the same as me running into Quiktrip for a pack of smokes.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:11 PM 05-12-2020
I wear mine when I’m checking out at stores or in busy places, but I don’t wear one when I’m outside. You’ll never convince me that breathing in a mask all day is better than getting fresh air. You don’t like it then stay 6 feet away from me. (Not you specifically DaFace, just a general statement)
[Reply]
cdcox 11:12 PM 05-12-2020
Ok.

Look, don't take this as me being cavalier about the entire situation. I'm using as many reasonable common sense measures as I can. I have masks with me at all times and I'm not against using them if I feel it is necessary. But my god...I see people walking their dogs and jogging and mowing their lawns with them on.
Stupid people on the other side of the spectrum. They don't need to be wearing a mask. But at least they aren't hurting anyone.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:13 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I wear mine when I’m checking out at stores or in busy places, but I don’t wear one when I’m outside. You’ll never convince me that breathing in a mask all day is better than getting fresh air. You don’t like it then stay 6 feet away from me. (Not you specifically DaFace, just a general statement)
I have trouble believing it's a huge issue outside provided you're not near people for more than a few moments. I'd still wear one in a crowd though.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:14 PM 05-12-2020
Assholes and stupid people.
That's just your opinion, man.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:19 PM 05-12-2020
I have trouble believing it's a huge issue outside provided you're not near people for more than a few moments. I'd still wear one in a crowd though.
They let me into Arrowhead this season I’ll wear a plastic bag over my mouth if they tell me that’s what I need to do. :-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:21 PM 05-12-2020
My favorite is the people wearing them while driving by themselves. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2022 of 3903
« First < 1022152219221972201220182019202020212022 202320242025202620322072212225223022 > Last »
Up