ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1962 of 3903
« First < 962146218621912195219581959196019611962 196319641965196619722012206224622962 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:04 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
And your some gas station attendant who really knows nothing about the human body.

Not minimizing sugar at all. Your stance is that you should never have sugar. That’s absolutely false and I already told you why. This country does have a major problem with sugar and obesity, I agree on that.

Do us a favor. If you’re so sure you’re some peak physical specimen, go contract COVID-19 and let’s see how you do with all your black and white claims. Give it to your family too. Hope you don’t have any fat people in your family but **** them anyway right?!
Twice on Tuesday even....
[Reply]
petegz28 01:05 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Oh I’ve got this.

Fast acting carbs.....sugar!!!
So the red antifreeze?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:06 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Hey Hamas what you prescribe to somebody with Hypoglycemia.
The fact that excessive sugar consumption, leading to insulin resistance and diabetes which is the primary cause for hypoglycemia is apparently lost on you.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:08 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The fact that excessive sugar consumption, leading to insulin resistance and diabetes which is the primary cause for hypoglycemia is apparently lost on you.
The fact that non diabetic people can have episodes of hypoglycemia is lost on you.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:09 PM 05-08-2020
The fact that non diabetic people can have episodes of hypoglycemia is lost on you.
The fact I don't know what the fuck either of you are talking about is lost on me
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:12 PM 05-08-2020
:-) Just an FYI, non-diabetics don’t have hypoglycemic episodes from not eating enough sugar.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:15 PM 05-08-2020
:-) Just an FYI, non-diabetics don’t have hypoglycemic episodes from not eating enough sugar.
anorexia can cause hypoglycemic episodes.

the point being is your body needs some sugar it also needs fat and protein etc.. anything in excess of course is bad and genetics/diseases and every ones body deals with all the things it needs in different ways and the efficiency gets worse with age .

We get it being fat is bad plenty of things we do are bad for us , hell pretty much anything we do is bad for us.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Autonomic function declines with age, which leads to an increased prevalence of systolic hypertension in older adults as diastolic pressure declines with age.
My parents started taking blood pressure medicine in their 60's, not because of diet or exercise but due to genetics. They're now in their mid-70's and are extremely active with my mom playing golf and tennis several times (if not every day) during the Spring, Summer and Fall months while she's in a bowling league during the winter months.

My dad, who's 77 years old, has nearly completed his 1,800 square foot Finished Basement project. He went to Home Depot to pick out all of the 2x4's for framing, just finished the insulation installation yesterday and is waiting on approval from the city, then he'll begin drywall, tape and mud. He generally puts 5,000 miles a summer on his Harley Road King and he's an avid duck hunter.

Both are fit mentally and physically yet they're in the target age range of COVID-19, so they're following all of the guidelines. I'm not sure that they could be any healthier for their respective ages yet because of genetic predispositions, they're at high risk.

This idea that all old people who contract COVID-19 because they're fat and lazy is outright fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:31 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The fact I don't know what the fuck either of you are talking about is lost on me
Which is just another reason why you, of all people, should not be making recommendations about a pharmaceutical drug in which you know absolutely nothing about.

You have zero medical training and zero medical background yet feel the need to constantly post horseshit medical information.

You should be embarrassed but I think you're too fucking stupid to understand how foolish you appear with all of your uninformed asinine comments and remarks.

Kudos.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:32 PM 05-08-2020
Hey Hamas what could you prescribe to somebody with Hypoglycemia that might be readily available as a temporary fix.
Rule of 15. 15 grams of simple carbs (OJ, dextrose, etc.), wait 15 minutes, then take their blood glucose again.

You can also use glucagon in more acute settings.

Any patient on insulin in the hospital automatically has a hypoglycemia protocol added to their plan in order to prevent lows, which are more dangerous than highs.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:34 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Rule of 15. 15 grams of simple carbs (OJ, dextrose, etc.), wait 15 minutes, then take their blood glucose again.

You can also use glucagon in more acute settings.

Any patient on insulin in the hospital automatically has a hypoglycemia protocol added to their plan in order to prevent lows, which are more dangerous than highs.
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:36 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Which is just another reason why you, of all people, should not be making recommendations about a pharmaceutical drug in which you know absolutely nothing about.

You have zero medical training and zero medical background yet feel the need to constantly post horseshit medical information.

You should be embarrassed but I think you're too ****ing stupid to understand how foolish you appear with all of your uninformed asinine comments and remarks.

Kudos.
Ok Karen,

We get it you just wanna bitch and moan and whine. Now why don't you drink a cup of stfu.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:42 PM 05-08-2020
And your point is what?

Older people “naturally” develop Type 2 diabetes, obesity and hypertension even if they live a healthy lifestyle?

That sounds like a lame cop out.

What do you consider a healthy lifestyle? When you are get older you don't feel like doing a whole lot. Most people in assisted living facilities like the one my dad stayed in their entire exercise was going from the recliner or bed to the dining room table and back. Then go to sleep while watching TV.

I will say this, there is one older\elderly person that lead a healthy lifestyle and that was my mom. She was a small lady, maybe weighed 110 lbs and she walked 2-3 miles a day and ate great. But she ended up with Parkinson's and died at 73 so she wasn't entirely "healthy"
[Reply]
Monticore 01:44 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
What do you consider a healthy lifestyle? When you are get older you don't feel like doing a whole lot. Most people in assisted living facilities like the one my dad stayed in their entire exercise was going from the recliner or bed to the dining room table and back. Then go to sleep while watching TV.

I will say this, there is one older\elderly person that lead a healthy lifestyle and that was my mom. She was a small lady, maybe weighed 110 lbs and she walked 2-3 miles a day and ate great. But she ended up with Parkinson's and died at 73 so she wasn't entirely "healthy"
A lot of things we need can kill us I am looking at you Sun and you can overdose on water.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:46 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

something is going to get all of us whether it is cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc
It's not really about a healthy lifestyle or not with this guy--it's about justifying his selfishness by painting everyone who isn't a picture of health as deficient.
[Reply]
Page 1962 of 3903
« First < 962146218621912195219581959196019611962 196319641965196619722012206224622962 > Last »
Up