ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 185
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
NewChief 11:10 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Oh thanks! I always have ginger beer on hand for all the mules I make. So Kraken, Ginger beer and lime?
Yup. Main difference, I think is that I put a large amount of lime juice in the bottom of my drink and mix with the vodka before adding the ginger beer in my mules. I think with a Dark and Stormy, use just add a squeeze of lime at the end, more like a vodka tonic with lime. Probably not a huge difference in taste, but I try to do thing "properly."
[Reply]
Rausch 11:11 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My main drink these days seems to be a decent vodka (usually Tito's), ice, a touch of water, and a healthy amount of lemon juice. Dangerous on a hot day, though, because it goes down like water after the ice melts a bit.

[Reply]
lewdog 11:13 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Yup. Main difference, I think is that I put a large amount of lime juice in the bottom of my drink and mix with the vodka before adding the ginger beer in my mules. I think with a Dark and Stormy, use just add a squeeze of lime at the end, more like a vodka tonic with lime. Probably not a huge difference in taste, but I try to do thing "properly."
I agree. I use juice from two limes in all of my mules and I put it in the glass first. With the Dark and Stormy I'll juice half a lime on the top of the drink.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:52 PM 08-01-2015
I agree. I use juice from two limes in all of my mules and I put it in the glass first. With the Dark and Stormy I'll juice half a lime on the top of the drink.

You are one (or 2) limey bastard. I use half a limes juice and its pretty solid.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:10 PM 08-03-2015
Da Mule...
[Reply]
lewdog 06:35 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You are one (or 2) limey bastard. I use half a limes juice and its pretty solid.
You're doing it wrong!!! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:36 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Da Mule...
Solid, very solid. How much lime juice?

Did you see my post a few days back. I got the Kraken!
[Reply]
Bwana 07:12 PM 08-03-2015
I was up at Bigfork, Montana at Flathead lake last week and the weekend and tied into some Flathead Cherry Ale. This stuff was fantastic, I'm kicking myself for not bringing home a few cases. A great ale with a hint of cherry. I just emailed them to see if any distributers around Billings carry it.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:53 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I was up at Bigfork, Montana at Flathead lake last week and the weekend and tied into some Flathead Cherry Ale. This stuff was fantastic, I'm kicking myself for not bringing home a few cases. A great ale with a hint of cherry. I just emailed them to see if any distributers around Billings carry it.

Yup, that shit's pretty legit. Used to buy a few cases every summer.

My wife's work has an owner with a cabin up there. He sends buckets of Flathead cherries down to Phoenix every summer.

Guess what I did with some of mine?

That's whiskey and vodka. :-)

[Reply]
Bwana 07:55 PM 08-03-2015
Yup, that shit's pretty legit. Used to buy a few cases every summer.

My wife's work has an owner with a cabin up there. He sends buckets of Flathead cherries down to Phoenix every summer.

Guess what I did with some of mine?

That's whiskey and vodka. :-)

Nice! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:57 PM 08-03-2015
Nice! :-)
Any chance you'll be near Zootown in a few weeks?
[Reply]
Bwana 08:00 PM 08-03-2015
Any chance you'll be near Zootown in a few weeks?
Not likely Bozeman will be as close at I get.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:02 PM 08-03-2015
Not likely Bozeman will be as close at I get.
Figured but thought I'd ask anyway. I'll be back in the homeland for a vacation...on the good side of the state. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 08:03 PM 08-03-2015
Picked up a bottle of Riegers Kansas city whiskey.

It is different... Can taste the sherry. Have not decided if I like it or not.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:13 PM 08-03-2015
Figured but thought I'd ask anyway. I'll be back in the homeland for a vacation...on the good side of the state. :-)
:-)

Just don't light a match or fart over there or you'll start a fire, it's fricken dry on the western half.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 185
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up