ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 185
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 07:14 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Kraken, on the rocks... Great round of golf with my sons, cool shower, now sipping the nectar of the Gods...
So close to buying a bottle of it today because of you. Wasn't sure how much I'd use it or mix with it so went with tequila sale. Sometime I'll do it!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:27 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So close to buying a bottle of it today because of you. Wasn't sure how much I'd use it or mix with it so went with tequila sale. Sometime I'll do it!
:-):-):-):-)

I think you made a solid choice if you're not 100% into dark (black) rums. I'd recommend you try it at a bar perhaps. I have other rums for mixing, these days I save the Kraken for the rocks...
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 11:39 AM 07-20-2015
I'm a Kraken fan as well - see notes above about finding good ginger ale/making ginger syrup to boost 'mediocre' ginger ale. Dark rum and spicy ginger ale go great together. Add a chunk of lime.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:49 PM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
I'm a Kraken fan as well - see notes above about finding good ginger ale/making ginger syrup to boost 'mediocre' ginger ale. Dark rum and spicy ginger ale go great together. Add a chunk of lime.
One of my go-to refreshing drinks is a spiced Rum and Diet Dr. Pepper (and a lime). There's just something about the Diet Dr. Pepper over the regular too! In fact the better part of the neighborhood is keen to them now. But I will try you mix.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:21 PM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
I like and and all drinks with lime. That's my love. Haven't tried dark rum, ginger ale and lime though. :-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 04:22 PM 07-20-2015
I like and and all drinks with lime. That's my love. Haven't tried dark rum, ginger ale and lime though. :-)
You must. That's my favorite use of Kraken.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:00 PM 07-21-2015
mmmmmm. Bourbon
[Reply]
Bwana 08:19 PM 07-21-2015
A little local IPA this evening.
http://www.bitterrootbrewing.com/beers/

[Reply]
lewdog 10:59 AM 08-01-2015
I know the alcohol snobs realize there is nothing fancy here but the Albertsons here was running a 30% off 6 or more mix and match and some with addition instant coupons. Got all this for $59 today. I've never tried that tequila and I got Kraken for Glorydayz as he always mentions it.
Attached: image.jpg (118.1 KB) 
[Reply]
NewChief 11:00 AM 08-01-2015
I know the alcohol snobs realize there is nothing fancy here but the Albertsons here was running a 30% off 6 or more mix and match and some with addition instant coupons. Got all this for $59 today. I've never tried that tequila and I got Kraken for Glorydayz as he always mentions it.
That's a great deal.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:00 AM 08-01-2015
The usual...

[Reply]
NewChief 11:04 AM 08-01-2015
Just so you know (and you may already), it's called a Dark and Stormy if you're looking for a recipe. The actual recipe calls for ginger beer, not ginger ale. It's a great cocktail.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:05 AM 08-01-2015
My main drink these days seems to be a decent vodka (usually Tito's), ice, a touch of water, and a healthy amount of lemon juice. Dangerous on a hot day, though, because it goes down like water after the ice melts a bit.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:05 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Just so you know (and you may already), it's called a Dark and Stormy if you're looking for a recipe. The actual recipe calls for ginger beer, not ginger ale. It's a great cocktail.
Oh thanks! I always have ginger beer on hand for all the mules I make. So Kraken, Ginger beer and lime?
[Reply]
lewdog 11:07 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My main drink these days seems to be a decent vodka (usually Tito's), ice, a touch of water, and a healthy amount of lemon juice. Dangerous on a hot day, though, because it goes down like water after the ice melts a bit.
I used to drink those on really hot days here when I didn't want a bunch of sugar. It's amazing how just a squeeze of a fresh lemon can cut something like vodka and make it pretty damn good. Good reminder on that drink.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 185
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up