ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 185
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Bwana 06:17 AM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Montana Mule is better (whiskey for vodka). Just saying. :-)
First I was like :-) then I was like sounds good I'll have to give that a try. :-)
[Reply]
NewChief 07:51 AM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by Bwana:
First I was like :-) then I was like sounds good I'll have to give that a try. :-)
When I make a mixed drink (beyond pouring bourbon into a glass with a couple of cubes of ice), that's what I make. Though we call them Kentucky Mules. I suppose that means using actual bourbon instead of something like Jim Beam.

I mainly resort to this because my wife drinks nothing but Moscow Mules, so I always have the fixins on hand.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 10:20 AM 07-17-2015
Just an FYI - when they first started to import Vodka to the US, no one knew what to do with it. The Moscow Mule was 'invented' as a way to sell wodka to folks who were already used to 'rye and ginger'. Your bourbon and ginger is my 'go to', but if you folks like this blend, give the old rye and ginger a try again sometime. "Old Overholt" is a good cheap rye for drinks like this, worth keeping around. Look for good, hot ginger ale and add half a lemon.

If you run out of whiskey (it happens) try gin + ginger ale + 1/2 lemon. It was called a gin buck in the olden days. Stuff like this let's you make half a dozen cocktails with just a few ingredients.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:30 AM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
Just an FYI - when they first started to import Vodka to the US, no one knew what to do with it. The Moscow Mule was 'invented' as a way to sell wodka to folks who were already used to 'rye and ginger'. Your bourbon and ginger is my 'go to', but if you folks like this blend, give the old rye and ginger a try again sometime. "Old Overholt" is a good cheap rye for drinks like this, worth keeping around. Look for good, hot ginger ale and add half a lemon.

If you run out of whiskey (it happens) try gin + ginger ale + 1/2 lemon. It was called a gin buck in the olden days. Stuff like this let's you make half a dozen cocktails with just a few ingredients.
Buddy you ALWAYS have solid takes on these things.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:23 PM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yea, something about assholes stealing the mugs wasn't is!?
And I missed my chance! DGI!!!!!!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:25 PM 07-17-2015

For the first part, can you provide a mixture/amounts to follow. Sounds tasty and I don't want to mess it up. Will try...
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 08:43 PM 07-17-2015
Just from what I do - 1.5 oz bourbon or rye + 1/2 lemon juice + 4 or 5 oz of good ginger ale, over ice. Change that to gin as above.

One secret to this stuff is finding a hot ginger ale - if you can find Blenheim's, give that one a try. If you wind up really enjoying ginger ale cocktails, think about buying 'local hi end' ginger ales when you see them.

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:46 PM 07-17-2015
Just from what I do - 1.5 oz bourbon or rye + 1/2 lemon juice + 4 or 5 oz of good ginger ale, over ice. Change that to gin as above.

One secret to this stuff is finding a hot ginger ale - if you can find Blenheim's, give that one a try. If you wind up really enjoying ginger ale cocktails, think about buying 'local hi end' ginger ales when you see them.

Rep applied... :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:49 PM 07-17-2015

Found these too...

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink4396.html

http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/dr...-drink-recipe/
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 08:49 PM 07-17-2015
If you get real serious about your ginger ale - make some fresh ginger syrup to 'spice up' your cocktails. It's not too hard to do: http://blog.seasonwithspice.com/2012...le-recipe.html

Let me add that a lot of the 'new/fancy' rye whiskey on the market is coming from a big distillery in Indiana. They make the same juice, sell it to a marketer who puts on a fancy label and comes up with some snappy patter to sell the stuff. But it's all the same juice, just different labels. If you like rye (I do) it's easier to stick w/Old Overholt, Wild Turkey Rye, Rittenhouse, and Jim Beam. These have been around a while and aren't part of that marketing/Indiana thing. Your money is well spent when you buy these - it's real easy to pay twice as much and get that Indiana juice w/a fancy label. Spend the money you save on better ginger ale.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:12 PM 07-17-2015
Sometimes when I drink a mule I'll use cherry vodka. Learned it from a girl but it's good...
[Reply]
lewdog 11:52 AM 07-19-2015
I've never had 1800 tequila, but when you can grab a bottle for $13.99...my cheap blood said yes.

[Reply]
BigChiefFan 02:52 PM 07-19-2015
Had a few N'Ice Chouffe, Belgian Dark Ales this weekend. It's a dark, so it's an acquired taste, but it's full of flavor. It's made with Thyme and Curaçao peel and it's 10% alcohol. Good stuff.
[Reply]
scho63 04:11 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
Had a few N'Ice Chouffe, Belgian Dark Ales this weekend. It's a dark, so it's an acquired taste, but it's full of flavor. It's made with Thyme and Curaçao peel and it's 10% alcohol. Good stuff.

Never seen or heard of this stuff in 38 years of drinking-what can you tell us? :-)

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:07 PM 07-19-2015
Kraken, on the rocks... Great round of golf with my sons, cool shower, now sipping the nectar of the Gods...
[Reply]
Page 41 of 185
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up