ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 207
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 01:20 PM 12-02-2018
Heck yea man, nice pull on the Weller 12!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:22 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It's ok but nothing special. 80 proof (boring) and light. Many like it's but it's just Meh, especially at that price point.

Elijah Craig all day over that if you haven't had it. Good shit and cheaper.

If you lived closer I'd have you over for a tasting man. I appreciate your bourbon effort though Billay. You are learning.
I went on a date with a fat chick Friday and she insisted on paying for drinks. So I ordered Blantons all night!
[Reply]
lewdog 02:31 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Anyone have and suggestions for a nice Christmas gift bottle? Im fine spending 100-150ish but bourbon seems not like scotch where spending more usually means better.
Find some nice private barrel picks from Knob Creek or 4 Roses. It always feels more special when it's a specialty bottle.

What about the Buffalo Trace Line? Weller 12, Antique and Special Reserve. Gift all 3 in a set would be awesome.

Blanton's is over-rated for the price....as I keep telling you guys.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:50 PM 12-06-2018
Bought some George Dickel #12. This may be my new favorite under $30 Whiskey. At 90 Proof its got just enough bite.

[Reply]
srvy 08:03 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Bought some George Dickel #12. This may be my new favorite under $30 Whiskey. At 90 Proof its got just enough bite.

[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:24 PM 12-06-2018
I'm not much of a bourbon drinker, but the Henry Mckenna Single Barrel Aged 10 Years Bourbon Whiskey 100 Proof Bottled in Bond 750 ML is pretty nice.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:08 PM 12-08-2018
Mrs. OTW bought some bottles for clients, and I get to pick one of them for myself. Don't have any knowledge of any of them except the Taylor.

EH Taylor Small Batch
Blood Oath Pact 4
Jeffersons Reserve Pritchard Hill
Jeffersons Reserve Twin Oak Custom Barrel
Yellowstone Limited 101 (2018)

Anyone willing to rank these? I'm a huge Taylor fan, but want to grab something else if it's good and/or semi-rare.
[Reply]
Miles 06:31 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Mrs. OTW bought some bottles for clients, and I get to pick one of them for myself. Don't have any knowledge of any of them except the Taylor.

EH Taylor Small Batch
Blood Oath Pact 4
Jeffersons Reserve Pritchard Hill
Jeffersons Reserve Twin Oak Custom Barrel
Yellowstone Limited 101 (2018)

Anyone willing to rank these? I'm a huge Taylor fan, but want to grab something else if it's good and/or semi-rare.
Blood Oath is allocated and very difficult to find around me. I had last years batch and it was great.
[Reply]
Miles 11:33 PM 12-08-2018
Was at a bar tonight that had a nice selection of hard to find and got to try Weller 12 and OA. The 12 is some seriously good stuff. Would be great if you could actually buy it.
[Reply]
srvy 02:14 AM 12-09-2018
Anyone had the Black Box Bourbon? I seen it in a grocery liquor store today same price as the wine.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:28 PM 12-17-2018
Authentic Whiskey Sour with first time lemons from my Meyer Lemon tree that has been in ground for 2 years.

1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake 1 egg white in shaker to aerate
3. Add 2 oz bourbon, juice from 2 lemons and 1 tsp of Agave Nectar
4. Shake vigorously and strain over ice in glass.

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:32 PM 12-17-2018
Authentic Whiskey Sour with first time lemons from my Meyer Lemon tree that has been in ground for 2 years.

Very nice!

I had a beer last week that was based off an Old Fashioned and it was pretty damn good and spot on.

Not sure i have ever had an authentic Whiskey Sour but we have a high end cocktail bar here I can get one at. Ill do it and report back.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:36 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Very nice!

I had a beer last week that was based off an Old Fashioned and it was pretty damn good and spot on.

Not sure i have ever had an authentic Whiskey Sour but we have a high end cocktail bar here I can get one at. Ill do it and report back.
I have an orange tree to make Old Fashioned's too. :-)

You don't need a high end cocktail bar, I just told you how to make it! The egg white makes it....gives it that great color and froth for texture. It's awesome.
[Reply]
srvy 09:06 PM 12-17-2018
I have an orange tree to make Old Fashioned's too. :-)

You don't need a high end cocktail bar, I just told you how to make it! The egg white makes it....gives it that great color and froth for texture. It's awesome.
And the alcohol will kill any salmonella in the raw egg white :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:07 PM 12-17-2018

Nice Lew! Elijah Craig and you're growing weed. Really out here living man!
[Reply]
Page 89 of 207
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up