ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 207
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:12 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
The store had $12 off Makers Mark Cask Strength so I bought some. I'm not a fan. I love higher alcohol bourbons, but this just doesn't have much flavor at all. I don't drink MM often so I'm not sure how this compares to their rest, but it isn't hitting me right. For reference, EH Taylor Barrel Proof is probably my favorite bourbon to drink.
I found the cask strength to give it a little more taste than regular Makers but it seemed very in your face. I wasnt a huge fan and would spend that kind of money on it.
[Reply]
shitgoose 06:43 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
So, any recommendations on a good rye whisky? Also I like scotch better than bourbon.
Lots of good recommendations already but another solid, readily available Rye that I love is Russel's Reserve 6yr.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:29 PM 05-13-2020
Russell's Reserve 6 year rye is great. Just a few years ago, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 year old Rye was still around for like $35 a bottle. Same with Jefferson's Rye, 10 year old rye for around $30 a bottle. Now anything age stated has gone through the roof price-wise. I really enjoyed Pikeville Rye for around $50.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:48 PM 05-13-2020
The store had $12 off Makers Mark Cask Strength so I bought some. I'm not a fan. I love higher alcohol bourbons, but this just doesn't have much flavor at all. I don't drink MM often so I'm not sure how this compares to their rest, but it isn't hitting me right. For reference, EH Taylor Barrel Proof is probably my favorite bourbon to drink.
In fairness, one of these is readily available and the other is a fucking unicorn.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:49 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Lots of good recommendations already but another solid, readily available Rye that I love is Russel's Reserve 6yr.
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Russell's Reserve 6 year rye is great. Just a few years ago, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 year old Rye was still around for like $35 a bottle. Same with Jefferson's Rye, 10 year old rye for around $30 a bottle. Now anything age stated has gone through the roof price-wise. I really enjoyed Pikeville Rye for around $50.
Russell's 6 Rye is my next bottle, I've heard too many good things about it.
[Reply]
Miles 09:04 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If (big if) you can find it, I'd highly recommend Colonel EH Taylor Straight Rye.

Otherwise the Willett 4 as mentioned, as well as High West's Yippie-Ki-Yay.

Michter's isn't bad on the value side of things, and Bulleit if you're pinching pennies. ($21 a bottle in AZ)
These are all good suggestions. I’m generally been a fan of most High West products I’ve tried.

Another that is a little more pricey and can be harder to find is Angels Envy Rye. It’s finished in rum casks which adds a interesting spin and a sweeter finish.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:14 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
So, any recommendations on a good rye whisky? Also I like scotch better than bourbon.
The 2 best Rye’s I’ve had are Templeton Rye 6 Year and High West Rendezvous Rye. Both are extremely solid.
[Reply]
srvy 09:34 PM 05-13-2020
Noone has mentioned Old Overholt yet :-). You may not know it but you have probably drunk it. Any bar if you asked for a whiskey and soda you were gonna get Old Overcoat as I call it the standard-bearer of bar Rye Whiskey since Bill Hickock was bellying up in Dodge City.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:04 AM 05-14-2020
FIFY

Originally Posted by srvy:
Noone has mentioned Old Overholt yet :-). You may not know it but you have probably drunk it. Any bar if you asked for a whiskey and soda you were gonna get Old OverHoat as I call it the standard-bearer of bar Rye Whiskey since Bill Hickock was bellying up in Dodge City.
Another American institution bought by the Japanese.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:40 AM 05-14-2020
[Reply]
bowener 07:07 AM 05-14-2020
I can get it about every other month. I've still got vendor connections from my old managing days. The problem is I can't let it set on the shelf long enough to last me until I have the chance at the next one.
[Reply]
InvinciBill 09:03 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
These are all good suggestions. I’m generally been a fan of most High West products I’ve tried.
The Bourye is on point.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:35 AM 05-14-2020
I can get it about every other month. I've still got vendor connections from my old managing days. The problem is I can't let it set on the shelf long enough to last me until I have the chance at the next one.
Lucky bastard!
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:47 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
The Bourye is on point.
Yep. Another favorite of mine.

I really can't say enough about the offerings from High West for anyone not familiar with their lineup.
[Reply]
Miles 10:08 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
The Bourye is on point.
Particularly if you happen to find the Limited Sighting.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 207
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Up