ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 2693
« First < 3282122128129130131132 1331341351361421822326321132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:23 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
I am SO going to argue with you on this point and offer out that you are REALLY REACHING to use the Iowa State game to make whatever point you are attempting to make (trolling, perhaps?).

That game was a TOTAL breakdown by Texas Tech from the coach all the way down to the trainers and Gatorade bucket watchers. EVERYONE SUCKED that game that wore the double-T. EVERYONE.

Every top-shelf athlete has had miserable "can't get shit done" days. Walter Payton had them. Emmitt Smith had them. Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, Jerry Rice. . .

SMFH.

--JD
Play with it, but don't talk to it, son
[Reply]
TexasTechAlumni 11:33 PM 05-07-2017
Mahomes is one of the most physically talented quarterbacks I have ever seen. With that being said, I believe that he will struggle becoming an NFL quarterback. He has a mindset that he has to throw deep and it drove Kilff crazy. To those of you who are saying he didn't have any talent around him, this is both true and false as Tech has a good receiving core. I have a friend who is playing for Texas Tech and the main thing that Texas Tech recruits is wide receivers who run a 4.4 40. Heck, Tech had 11 receivers on scholarship last year. So yeah, they are loaded at wide receiver. In the past their offensive line has been good, but last year it was slightly below average. I'm not going to even go into the defense as it is the worst I have ever seen.
Like I said earlier Mahomes is going to struggle. He has all of the tools needed, but he is addicted to the big plays and it will cause plenty of interceptions.
With that being said, I hope he succeeds, and this is coming from a Bronco fan. He is entertaining to watch and I hope his game translates to the NFL as it would be good for Tech.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 PM 05-07-2017
Game Changers:

https://youtu.be/zOxW_xLxRaQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DRM08 11:35 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by TexasTechAlumni:
Mahomes is one of the most physically talented quarterbacks I have ever seen. With that being said, I believe that he will struggle becoming an NFL quarterback. He has a mindset that he has to throw deep and it drove Kilff crazy. To those of you who are saying he didn't have any talent around him, this is both true and false as Tech has a good receiving core. I have a friend who is playing for Texas Tech and the main thing that Texas Tech recruits is wide receivers who run a 4.4 40. Heck, Tech had 11 receivers on scholarship last year. So yeah, they are loaded at wide receiver. In the past their offensive line has been good, but last year it was slightly below average. I'm not going to even go into the defense as it is the worst I have ever seen.
Like I said earlier Mahomes is going to struggle. He has all of the tools needed, but he is addicted to the big plays and it will cause plenty of interceptions.
With that being said, I hope he succeeds, and this is coming from a Bronco fan. He is entertaining to watch and I hope his game translates to the NFL as it would be good for Tech.
None of those receivers are big time NFL talents like the Clemson guy that bailed out Watson on a bunch of throws or Mike Evans who bailed out Manziel repeatedly at A&M. Tech has some fast guys but most of them don't have NFL size. Jakeem Grant at 5'6" was a better playmaker than any of the receivers currently on Tech's roster and he was definitely missed in 2016.
[Reply]
TexasTechAlumni 11:45 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
None of those receivers are big time NFL talents like the Clemson guy that bailed out Watson on a bunch of throws or Mike Evans who bailed out Manziel repeatedly at A&M. Tech has some fast guys but most of them don't have NFL size. Jakeem Grant at 5'6" was a better playmaker than any of the receivers currently on Tech's roster and he was definitely missed in 2016.
Texas Tech's offense isn't designed like SEC offenses, and due to poor big 12 defenses, they don't need to be. They run at least 4 wide receivers on every play and the goal is to simply be faster than the person covering them, which they usually are. The safeties are usually deep so there is plenty of room underneath, and if the safeties creep up, Tech hits them over the top. They aren't NFL caliber wide receivers that are supposed to be big jump ball or end zone threats, they are supposed to be quick, fast, and slippery so they can get separation and down field faster. They don't need a star wide receiver, they just need one guy to be faster than the person covering them on every play.
Jakeem was the fastest player on the team then, so he was definitely missed as he fit perfectly into tech's offense
[Reply]
eDave 11:47 PM 05-07-2017
He's got Smith tutoring him on reeling it in and making smarter decisions. Mahomes himself stated that he needs to do that. In his first press conference, he seemed pretty aware of what he needs to do to be successful in the NFL, and that was part of it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:48 PM 05-07-2017
The good news is we have Tyreek streaking down the sidelines deep and they could torch defenses all day long. It's really going be hard to beat but even if it works half the time that's greater than what we have now.
[Reply]
TexasTechAlumni 12:00 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
The good news is we have Tyreek streaking down the sidelines deep and they could torch defenses all day long. It's really going be hard to beat but even if it works half the time that's greater than what we have now.
Honestly, Tyreek might be the perfect wide receiver for Mahomes as they can try and incorporate some of tech's offense in the beginning to try and keep Mahomes comfortable. That is if Mahomes plays next year
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:10 AM 05-08-2017
Honestly, Tyreek might be the perfect wide receiver for Mahomes as they can try and incorporate some of tech's offense in the beginning to try and keep Mahomes comfortable. That is if Mahomes plays next year
I don't see an "if" about it. He will be starting by next year "if" not sooner. I think mid~season Alex Smith maybe falling apart and they may ease Patrick in some plays and then by last four games he could be starting. That's not a big if just a good possibility. I'm stoked anyways we finally got a guy I can root for and be happy with even if he struggles at first that is normal just watch the kid get better and progress into a super star. Time is on our side yes it is.
[Reply]
TexasTechAlumni 12:19 AM 05-08-2017
I don't see an "if" about it. He will be starting by next year "if" not sooner. I think mid~season Alex Smith maybe falling apart and they may ease Patrick in some plays and then by last four games he could be starting. That's not a big if just a good possibility. I'm stoked anyways we finally got a guy I can root for and be happy with even if he struggles at first that is normal just watch the kid get better and progress into a super star. Time is on our side yes it is.
The only reason I think this is unlikely to happen is because the Chiefs are a playoff team. If they are on the verge of playoffs and Smith is still winning, I don't see Reed switching quarterbacks as he will want someone with playoff experience being the starter going into the post season.
The only way I see Mahomes starting is if he had a good preseason and the Chiefs are out of or close to being out of the playoffs. That or if Smith gets injured. Although, I do hope you are right as Mahomes would be more entertaining than Smith.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:34 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I like 15! As if my vote would count....
Yes!!!!
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:39 AM 05-08-2017
The only reason I think this is unlikely to happen is because the Chiefs are a playoff team. If they are on the verge of playoffs and Smith is still winning, I don't see Reed switching quarterbacks as he will want someone with playoff experience being the starter going into the post season.
The only way I see Mahomes starting is if he had a good preseason and the Chiefs are out of or close to being out of the playoffs. That or if Smith gets injured.
I'm having a hard time buying this is a playoff team. Last year our biggest thing was turnovers but we can't live on turnovers all season long and expect them to propell us back into the playoffs. Our offense is abysmal with Alex at the helm. We got players like DJ and Tamba that are on the cuffs of retirement and losing step. Justin Houston also is a question mark of durability. We are not any closer than we were last year. They went all in for finding Alex replacement and not going out of their ways to find him weapons or bolster this roster to replace those guys.

Dee Ford has been coming a long nicely but he still isn't consistent. We have a harder schedule with four prime time games and last year we got ass raped in Pittsburgh in prime time.

We can of course still make the playoffs but this is going be a tall order to fulfill.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:46 AM 05-08-2017
Another thing on the playoffs is it burnt the team and I think the team is all ready to bail on Alex Smith as if he can't get the job done. So if the offense struggles and Patrick does all the right things we defiantly could see him get in some games and potentially start this season. I'm more optimistic to see Patrick Mahomes II take over the reins after mid~season than I am the Chiefs making the playoffs with Alex Smith just to be one and done.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:37 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Brings up a good point, his receivers although not top shelf, still have more talent than the defense playing against them.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:39 AM 05-08-2017
Another thing on the playoffs is it burnt the team and I think the team is all ready to bail on Alex Smith as if he can't get the job done. So if the offense struggles and Patrick does all the right things we defiantly could see him get in some games and potentially start this season. I'm more optimistic to see Patrick Mahomes II take over the reins after mid~season than I am the Chiefs making the playoffs with Alex Smith just to be one and done.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 132 of 2693
« First < 3282122128129130131132 1331341351361421822326321132 > Last »
Up