ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1129 of 2693
« First < 12962910291079111911251126112711281129 113011311132113311391179122916292129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 05:50 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It's very ignorant to suggest that this kid never faced adversity. What the hell do you call being ignored by every major college program despite having insane physical talent? The kid should have had offers from everyone. Don't think for one damn second that he has forgotten this.

Don't think for one second he has forgotten his college years when people like Cowherd were slobbing the knob of Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, and Sam Darnold every single day. Mahomes was completely ignored despite being a GREAT college football player.

Don't think for one second he doesn't notice the double standard in coverage between how Deshaun was treated by the media last year and all the skepticism being peddled this year about Mahomes. I think he will continue proving them wrong.
This is the most annoying thing for me. There’s clearly much more push back for the Mahomes hype than there was for Watson last year. Mahomes is actually winning and not turning the ball over every single week like Watson was, but since they saw Watson beat Bama they gave him the benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:41 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
This guy has been set to explode..

He just doesn't get rattled in the pocket, the game is not too big/nor too fast for him.

I attribute this to three things.

1)Growing up in clubhouses, surrounded by professional athletes.

2)Sitting last year being tutored by Reid/Smith (coupled with an incredible work ethic, student of the game, etc)

3) Eleventy billion tons of talent.

I’d reverse the order but agree. I like that he was able to glean the good things from Smith without picking up any of the risk-aversion tendencies.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:42 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Actually I think I'm beginning to see the Jordan comparison in him more and more.

That kid has a deep-seated burning inner desire to win at all costs that not every professional athlete has.

That's why he has no fear of any other player on the field.

He's more scared of losing a play than he is of losing a limb.

We have ourselves a lethal weapon.
He’s not an asshole like Jordan. A lot of great ones are jerks. Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, etc. I guess personality-wise he is more similar to Joe Montana and Wayne Gretzky. They seem like very nice guys, but obviously Joe and Wayne had a lot more internal drive to succeed than you might think on the surface.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:48 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is the most annoying thing for me. There’s clearly much more push back for the Mahomes hype than there was for Watson last year. Mahomes is actually winning and not turning the ball over every single week like Watson was, but since they saw Watson beat Bama they gave him the benefit of the doubt.
Don't forget about my favorite point,

"Baker Mayfield is a guy with Moxie and a Chip on his shoulder"

O yeah who put the chip there MEDIA?!?!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:53 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
As much as I hate to defend Watson vs Mahomes, there's a really big difference here. Last year people were saying Watson was an exciting young QB with the potential to be great. But now people are talking about Mahomes as the MVP of the league and a future hall of famer. It's only natural that people are going to more easily push back on the latter as the sample size is small and they're already making all sorts of Favre/Elway/Staubach comparisons.

I think Mahomes' play has totally warranted these accolades as he's clearly the messiah, but it's not at all surprising to me that others aren't convinced. And I'm sure there were a lot of doubters who went to bed at the half of the Denver game thinking they were right only to wake up and again find out The Truth.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:57 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
As much as I hate to defend Watson vs Mahomes, there's a really big difference here. Last year people were saying Watson was an exciting young QB with the potential to be great. But now people are talking about Mahomes as the MVP of the league and a future hall of famer. It's only natural that people are going to more easily push back on the latter as the sample size is small and they're already making all sorts of Favre/Elway/Staubach comparisons.

I think Mahomes' play has totally warranted these accolades as he's clearly the messiah, but it's not at all surprising to me that others aren't convinced. And I'm sure there were a lot of doubters who went to bed at the half of the Denver game thinking they were right only to wake up and again find out The Truth.

They were talking MVP for Deshaun as well.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:35 AM 10-03-2018
Please can we stop with the woe-is-me. Jesus. Mahomes is getting SLOBBERED left and right. We couldn't ask for more. There is NO comparison to Watson.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 AM 10-03-2018
Dan Patrick has been a butt****ing moron all week.

He really thinks nobody thought Mahomes would be great before this season.

“Alex Smith was the MVP at this point of the season last year too”

He says that it’s ridiculous that people are saying this is something we’ve never seen before. That’s because haven’t Dan.

“He almost lost on Monday night. He had one TD!”

No he didn’t Dan. He had two, and could’ve easily had 3.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:11 AM 10-03-2018
Media guys found a way to bitch about Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers even in their primes. They’re shock statements that get people to listen in and go, “WHAT?” Generating buzz is what it’s all about.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:17 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Media guys found a way to bitch about Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers even in their primes. They’re shock statements that get people to listen in and go, “WHAT?” Generating buzz is what it’s all about.
Yea I get it, but Dan’s usually pretty good he’s just been a bitter bitch for the last two days. They’re still talking about the non delay of game call today. Won’t shut the fuck up about it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:32 AM 10-03-2018
The delay of game call has had more media coverage than our "forward progress" call in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:34 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
The delay of game call has had more media coverage than our "forward progress" call in the playoffs.
Whats funny is even had the called the penalty its only 3rd and 12. Does anyone believe we don't likely convert that shit anyway?

I'm like 99.99% certain.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:38 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
He makes a big deal about going 0-6 against the major colleges including OU but fails to mention he threw for nearly 800 yards in one of those losses.

Keitzman has forgotten he said all of that.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Exactly why it pisses me the fuck off.

That was way worse as it was actually during the play and might’ve been a 14 pt swing. Not to mention it was a fucking playoff game.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:41 AM 10-03-2018
Why do people keep saying "wait till week bla bla when they have tape on this guy and defense bla bla"

He faced one of the premier defenses and they brought everything they had to and left it on the field. He face the Jags this week and turns around and has to go to Foxburrito fuck them.

If your not impressed then your not going be impressed because you're an inbred dipshit buttfucking moran. He has outshined plays A A Ron has made a career out of doing.

Patrick Mahomes II is setting the new standards of the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 1129 of 2693
« First < 12962910291079111911251126112711281129 113011311132113311391179122916292129 > Last »
Up