ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 791
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118518 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Mecca 01:19 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I hope I'm wrong but I think this is exactly how it's going to play out.
So do you think the Chiefs are sentimental, stupid or both?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:20 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
FYP

Fisher was awful last year. How long do we keep this "Pro Bowl" bum?
I'm going to be real with you..the offense was as good as you can ask, you guys who want to make changes there realize that would basically do nothing for the defense right?

Fishers contract would be a big hit to cut and you'd have to use your 1st pick on a LT to replace him with no guarantee the guy would even be as good.

It's like you aren't even logically thinking about this, how would you even replace him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So do you think the Chiefs are sentimental, stupid or both?
Partially sentimental and partially in the thought process that it was coaching that was the problem.

They had a ton of sacks last year, I see them trying to keep that together if at all possible.

And I don't think they can, or will, do anything with Berry.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 02-15-2019
I'm tired of this Berry shit it's like cause he had cancer he gets a pass from the organization for everything.

No amount of coaching is going to fix that secondary, it's a talent problem.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:25 PM 02-15-2019
Brandon Marshall bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 02-15-2019
LB's in a 4-3 is where you save money...they just need to be fast.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:28 PM 02-15-2019
LB's in a 4-3 is where you save money...they just need to be fast.

Certainly at MLB and WLB. Your SAM needs to be a little more physical but will still have to be able to hang in coverage.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:30 PM 02-15-2019
I'm going to be real with you..the offense was as good as you can ask, you guys who want to make changes there realize that would basically do nothing for the defense right?

Fishers contract would be a big hit to cut and you'd have to use your 1st pick on a LT to replace him with no guarantee the guy would even be as good.

It's like you aren't even logically thinking about this, how would you even replace him?
Oh, you are right, no doubt. Fisher will retire a Chief after making 150 million in earnings. They will Never cut him. He still had a lot of dumb penalties and a down year. Fisher is a weak pussy and the weakest link on the line. I don't see how we can expect him to be better this year and not regress even further.

That O line got manhandled by the Pats in the playoff game. The Chiefs SHOULD be looking to upgrade it as much as possible- and it starts with an overpaid, underperforming Fisher, who somehow was voted to the Pro Bowl after playing awful most of the year.

But like you said- they will most likely keep pretending he is good.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:31 PM 02-15-2019
I'm tired of this Berry shit it's like cause he had cancer he gets a pass from the organization for everything.

No amount of coaching is going to fix that secondary, it's a talent problem.
:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:32 PM 02-15-2019
I'm so tired of this OL bullshit, they scored 30 points in that game.

Wanting to replace Eric Fisher is like saying you know this carpet in my house is kinda old and I'd like to get new carpet...meanwhile your air conditioner just stopped working all together but lets bitch about that carpet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Oh, you are right, no doubt. Fisher will retire a Chief after making 150 million in earnings. They will Never cut him. He still had a lot of dumb penalties and a down year. Fisher is a weak pussy and the weakest link on the line. I don't see how we can expect him to be better this year and not regress even further.

That O line got manhandled by the Pats in the playoff game. The Chiefs SHOULD be looking to upgrade it as much as possible- and it starts with an overpaid, underperforming Fisher, who somehow was voted to the Pro Bowl after playing awful most of the year.

But like you said- they will most likely keep pretending he is good.
Where are they going to get the resources to upgrade the offensive line when they have all of that cap money dedicated to Berry, Houston, and Ford and have a defensive secondary to rebuild?

I get that in a perfect world, you'd want to get rid of Fisher and Morse and upgrade at LG but this isn't a perfect world. Far from it actually when you look at the cap situation and the dumpster fire that is the Chiefs defense.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:39 PM 02-15-2019
Ty Nsekhe LT 33 WAS TBD $2,914,000 UFA -
Cedric Ogbuehi LT 27 CIN TBD $2,331,419 UFA -
Donovan Smith LT 26 TB TBD $1,517,215 UFA -
Jake Fisher LT 26 CIN TBD $1,064,880 RFA -
Ty Sambrailo LT 27 ATL TBD $961,489 UFA -
Chris Clark LT 33 CAR TBD $915,000 UFA -
Sam Young LT 32 MIA TBD $915,000 UFA -
Greg Robinson LT 26 CLE TBD $790,000 UFA -
Ulrick John LT 27 NE TBD $745,000 UFA -
Corey Robinson LT 27 JAC TBD $705,000 UFA -
Jeremy Vujnovich LT 28 ARI TBD $630,000 ERFA -
Trenton Brown LT 26 NE TBD $583,973 UFA
[Reply]
Mecca 01:40 PM 02-15-2019
Most of those guys you listed are fucking terrible.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:41 PM 02-15-2019
Where are they going to get the resources to upgrade the offensive line when they have all of that cap money dedicated to Berry, Houston, and Ford and have a defensive secondary to rebuild?

I get that in a perfect world, you'd want to get rid of Fisher and Morse and upgrade at LG but this isn't a perfect world. Far from it actually when you look at the cap situation and the dumpster fire that is the Chiefs defense.
Fisher also doesn't SUCK. You could totally say that he has underwhelmed for a #1 overall pick; however it was a shit year to have the #1 overall and the #2 Joekel isn't even in the league.

Fisher is not elite, but he's an above average to good starting quality LT. Those of us that watched Big Willie Roaf just crush are a little spoiled.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:43 PM 02-15-2019

I think protecting Mahomes should be the top priority. He took a LOT of hits last year. Several games he was limping around after getting hit and twisted around.

It does not matter if we manage to get the D. up into the top half of the league if we lose Mahomes. I don't have any faith in Fisher to protect his side.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 791
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118518 > Last »
Up