ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tiger Woods
Hamwallet 04:13 PM 03-11-2018
Anyone else watch golf for the first time in a long time today? He seems to be getting back to form. He was right in it today, next week is Bay Hill, that dude lived on the course for a LONG time.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:54 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I don't watch golf, unless Tiger is playing.
I'll add that Tiger and Phil are why I watch.
[Reply]
JimNasium 07:03 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Jack won 19. Second in a nearly unmatchable 18.
I’d suggest that Jack’s competition was also much stronger. Add to that fact that he was hauling his family between tournaments in a station wagon and there’s no doubt that he’s the GOAT.

I’d put Bobby Jones in the conversation, but not Tiger.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:50 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
I’d suggest that Jack’s competition was also much stronger. Add to that fact that he was hauling his family between tournaments in a station wagon and there’s no doubt that he’s the GOAT.

I’d put Bobby Jones in the conversation, but not Tiger.
Yes indeed Jack's competition was MUCH stronger: Gary Player (nine majors), Tom Watson (eight), Arnold Palmer (seven), Lee Trevino (six) and Seve Ballesteros (five). That is some pretty tough competition compared to what, Ernie Els and Phil Mickleson?
[Reply]
otherstar 07:51 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Jack won 19. Second in a nearly unmatchable 18.
My point exactly. Had he not faced such real competition, he might have won more of those second place finishes. Some of Jack's second place finishes have been some of the most epic battles in golf (particularly the duel in the Sun at Turnberry in 1977 when Jack lost the British Open to Tom Watson).
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:51 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I had a problem with Tiger for a long time and then realized that he wasn't the problem... The problem is the media coverage.
Exactly. Too young to remember TV coverage with Jack, except for his run in the 85 Masters.

There has been no other player in the last 30 years where TV coverage literally fellated the player from start to finish and God have mercy if he's anywhere near the lead, then no one else is on the course even if there were others doing better.

I do remember a few tournaments where Tiger started to really drop and then there was a media blackout on his play...from every shot to nothing...it was funny to me.

Im glad Tiger is back and playing...I think it's great for golf and I feel good for him coming back from his injuries. I just hope that the coverage is not over the top at the Masters.
[Reply]
007 12:33 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
Steroids took their toll on him in my opinion. His back is bad and his joints are wearing out. Jack's record is safe.
Hope it stays that way. Jack has always been my favorite golf pro.
[Reply]
007 12:34 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Exactly. Too young to remember TV coverage with Jack, except for his run in the 85 Masters.

There has been no other player in the last 30 years where TV coverage literally fellated the player from start to finish and God have mercy if he's anywhere near the lead, then no one else is on the course even if there were others doing better.

I do remember a few tournaments where Tiger started to really drop and then there was a media blackout on his play...from every shot to nothing...it was funny to me.

Im glad Tiger is back and playing...I think it's great for golf and I feel good for him coming back from his injuries. I just hope that the coverage is not over the top at the Masters.
Thats exactly why I got sick of him. He was basically the only person the networks would put a camera on. Annoying as hell.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:53 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Thats exactly why I got sick of him. He was basically the only person the networks would put a camera on. Annoying as hell.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

While the shot making ability of Tiger was always amazing, he did play in an era where there was no real competition for him. Golf has become much more robotic, where players all have technically correct swings and not a lot of personality.
[Reply]
eDave 11:57 AM 04-06-2018

[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:17 PM 04-06-2018
^ Old head is having himself a bad round 2. Suck it, Spieth.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:34 PM 04-06-2018
:-)

Accurate
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:38 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Anyone else watch golf for the first time in a long time today? He seems to be getting back to form. He was right in it today, next week is Bay Hill, that dude lived on the course for a LONG time.
This is one of many reasons I hate Tiger. Fake fans come out of hiding. PGA was better without being the TigerTour...
[Reply]
fan4ever 02:04 PM 04-06-2018
:-)
[Reply]
srvy 02:48 PM 04-06-2018
I litterly get home switch on the masters and low and behold who is on? None outher than Tigger. So I figure he is in contention as he shank's one off into the trees. He is in 40th place lol and getting coverage.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:51 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I litterly get home switch on the masters and low and behold who is on? None outher than Tigger. So I figure he is in contention as he shank's one off into the trees. He is in 40th place lol and getting coverage.
You don't expect Tiger to get coverage? Are you retarded?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up