ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1728 of 2687
« First < 728122816281678171817241725172617271728 17291730173117321738177818282228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:26 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But it's gone from 100 to 0 in an instant. Again, not saying I want him to be a highlight reel player. But just compare this year's vs last. But he was having a ton of success last year freelancing. And he really doesn't do much of it anymore. Maybe that's a good thing. I'm just saying it's not really there and it's hard to explain why. Unless maybe he's just had a unique string of injuries and circumstances where he just hasn't been able to.
DC's have recognized 2 things. You keep PM2 in the pocket and the Chiefs o-line specifically their interior line is below average and soft. Therefore all the more reason to keep him contained in the pocket forcing him not to get comfortable by interior pressure forcing Pat to either take the sack, throw too early or throw off his back foot.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It's not hard to explain. INJURIES.
It's possible that since he's come back he's dealt with being careful vs tenn, awful field San Diego, extreme winds oak, hurt hand NE. But he's looked plenty healthy to be able to throw on the move. Leg injury explains the first half of the year. Doesn't explain the second half as much.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:44 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's possible that since he's come back he's dealt with being careful vs tenn, awful field San Diego, extreme winds oak, hurt hand NE. But he's looked plenty healthy to be able to throw on the move. Leg injury explains the first half of the year. Doesn't explain the second half as much.
I disagree. The knee injury requires surgery to repair. He has not had surgery. He's at risk of it happening again as well. So it's not surprising to see him avoid some of the more wild plays he likes to do when healthy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:46 PM 12-12-2019
"Struggling offense" 28 PPG :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:52 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I disagree. The knee injury requires surgery to repair. He has not had surgery. He's at risk of it happening again as well. So it's not surprising to see him avoid some of the more wild plays he likes to do when healthy.
His knee isn't bothering him nor does it need surgery. He got hurt on a QB sneak not a sack. He balled out his first game back after the injury.

He will line it out. He just isn't keeping his eyes down field. I think its more to do with the narrative thats why he has lost to NE and the Rams last season and all the BS that keeps getting floated about him being more careful with the football.

Of course hurting his hand didn't help any either. Its a combination of things not just one thing. I think he needs to stop listening to the BS and just be himself.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:15 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
His knee isn't bothering him nor does it need surgery. He got hurt on a QB sneak not a sack. He balled out his first game back after the injury.

He will line it out. He just isn't keeping his eyes down field. I think its more to do with the narrative thats why he has lost to NE and the Rams last season and all the BS that keeps getting floated about him being more careful with the football.

Of course hurting his hand didn't help any either. Its a combination of things not just one thing. I think he needs to stop listening to the BS and just be himself.
I kind of wondered that too. He seemed genuinely embarrassed about the no look pass in Jacksonville. It's probably a combo of being a little careful, having poor conditions to make those kinds of plays including injury, and maybe a little of what you're saying. It's fine because our offense is still outstanding. But he's at his best when he moves like Aaron Rodgers and we haven't seen much of it. I also think the scramble drill helps guys like Demarcus Robinson a ton.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:26 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
His knee isn't bothering him nor does it need surgery.
We don't know that yet, Patrick has more games to play to avoid the wear and tear
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:46 PM 12-13-2019
we bout to fuck

[Reply]
eDave 02:02 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
whatever it takes

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Mahomes makes a statement. When the third quarter of Chiefs-Patriots came to a close on Sunday, the broadcast captured a passionate speech being delivered on the Kansas City sideline. A clearly animated Patrick Mahomes was firing up his offensive unit as they led 23-13 heading into the final quarter of the game. Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce had just fumbled the ball, giving it back to the Patriots, who had pulled within 10 points on their previous possession. Ultimately, the Chiefs held on to secure a win with potential ramifications in the hunt for a top playoff seed.

"It was for sure one of the great ones," right guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif told me when I asked where that speech ranks among the ones he's heard throughout his six seasons in the NFL. "To have your quarterback come to you and fire you up like that. To come to you and tell you that we have this as a team. To preach the us against the world was really unique. It really was great to have a leader like that in that moment."

"What do you want to know about it? It was awesome," backup quarterback Matt Moore said to me when I asked about Mahomes' speech Thursday in the Chiefs' locker room.

Moore proceeded to tell me the message was one part Don't let up and another part preaching for everyone to do their job, and nothing more. He added that there were a few more choice words included.

As Moore walked away, he looked back and said, "You know a lot of people can't do that. Pat can."

There is more to the reigning NFL MVP than we all see. But it's not new to his teammates.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:13 PM 12-13-2019
The speech is irrelevant when the offense didn’t do shit after it.

I love Pat and his leadership, but that’s the truth.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 12-13-2019
It's not irrelevant.

It will be the rallying cry for the rest of the year. That moment sticks in your mind the next time a tough situation comes up.

But we all know what brave staylor does when it gets tough...

[Reply]
eDave 02:28 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The speech is irrelevant when the offense didn’t do shit after it.

I love Pat and his leadership, but that’s the truth.
You've missed the point.

EDIT: What Hammock said.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:30 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's not irrelevant.

It will be the rallying cry for the rest of the year. That moment sticks in your mind the next time a tough situation comes up.

But we all know what brave staylor does when it gets tough...

If this team needs a speech to carry them in the playoffs, they already lost.
[Reply]
eDave 02:33 PM 12-13-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:33 PM 12-13-2019
When rousing speeches reared their ugly head,
Staylor bravely turned his tail and fled.

[Reply]
Page 1728 of 2687
« First < 728122816281678171817241725172617271728 17291730173117321738177818282228 > Last »
Up