ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Iconic 11:35 AM 04-06-2019

No way Jones makes it to Giants at 17. They will have to trade up to get him if that is their guy https://t.co/rAWdDC8doj

— Greg Gabriel (@greggabe) April 5, 2019

Jim Nagy, an EXTREMELY well connected scout, agrees.

Starting to sound like there will be a lot more QB's taken in the first round than we think. I think the board is going to fall in a very weird and surprising way where we end up with a star sitting at #29
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:45 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
1. Clelin Ferrell
2. Jerry Tillery
3. Garrett Bradbury

Top 2 are basically 1a/1b at this point
Ferrell will not make it to us. We would have to trade up
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:50 AM 04-06-2019
If we’re trading up then I hope it’s for Ferrell. Otherwise it’s Adderley, Tillery or Bradbury at 29 for me.
[Reply]
Iconic 11:58 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by :
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah expects the San Francisco 49ers to select Ohio State EDGE Nick Bosa with the 2nd overall pick. Assuming the Arizona Cardinals stay on course with the heavy favorite for the No. 1 overall pick, Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray, Bosa at No. 2 makes plenty of sense. He’s arguably the best player in the draft. It’s likely between Bosa, Alabama DT Quinnen Williams, and Kentucky EDGE Josh Allen for the No. 2 selection but Jeremiah believes Bosa is “the safer pick.” It also wouldn’t surprise me if the 49ers trade down.

Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins’ draft stock remains a bit of an enigma at this point. Draft Analyst’s Tony Pauline reported that the Oakland Raiders spent “extensive” time with Haskins on Monday and had a private workout on Tuesday. Haskins is likely to be selected at some point in the top-10 and the first potential suitor is the Raiders at No. 4 overall. Former Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers OC Todd Haley isn’t as excited about Haskins, comparing him to Indianapolis Colts QB Jacoby Brissett. Luckily for Haskins, no one cares too much about Haley’s opinion at the moment. Jon Gruden and the Raiders seem to be doing their due diligence with the quarterback class and have also shown interest in Missouri QB Drew Lock. Gruden was Lock’s coach at the senior bowl and has ideal physical tools in the mind of old-school coaches. At this point, it seems likely the Raiders are heavily considering a quarterback of the future at No. 4 overall.

Lions GM Bob Quinn said the team is "open" to trading down from the 8th overall pick. Quinn continues by saying “If I could move back a few spots, add a great player and a pick, that’d be great.” Most smart general managers are interested in trading back to acquire future draft capital, especially if there isn’t a significant difference between players on their big board to where they are trading back to. The Lions No. 8 pick could also be a target for teams interested in a quarterback including the Denver Broncos, Cincinnati Bengals, and Miami Dolphins. The Lions have a lot of holes on their roster, especially on the defensive side so trading down and collecting a few more picks would be very beneficial.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo hears that Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry will take an official-30 visit to the Seattle Seahawks. A lot of players visit different teams but this is a legitimate possibility in the first round as the Seahawks have the No. 21 overall pick. Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin has undergone multiple surgeries this offseason and will be 31 years old this season. Harry would provide a great versatile presence at wideout who could immediately assume No. 1 duties if Baldwin doesn’t return to 100 percent
https://www.rotoworld.com/article/we...?sf210582883=1
[Reply]
KCDynasty 12:54 PM 04-06-2019
Thoughts on going after Mack Wilson in the second?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:03 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by KCDynasty:
I'm not that impressed by him, there are other linebackers I'd take over him.
[Reply]
neech 01:05 PM 04-06-2019
Depends who we get in first round and who is available on the board at the time.

Possible though with later 2nd round pick we need LB help.

I prefer CB first round, possible edge rusher, no drafting up just see where the cards lay.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:12 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Jim Nagy, an EXTREMELY well connected scout, agrees.

Starting to sound like there will be a lot more QB's taken in the first round than we think. I think the board is going to fall in a very weird and surprising way where we end up with a star sitting at #29
Literally what I’ve said all along.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:13 PM 04-06-2019
He’d be a value pick at #61 or #63.

He had a lacklustre Bowl game and tailed off a bit near season end, but he is a great sideline to sideline player with solid blitzing and tackling abilities. Decent zone coverage backer too. You can’t deny the majority of his tape is great to outstanding.
[Reply]
KCDynasty 01:19 PM 04-06-2019
He looks to me to have a very high ceiling. May take a couple years to hit it. Looks great in coverage also? Middle slants anyone... If he was targeted though I think we’d have to trade up just a little. Cheaper than trading up for Bush.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:45 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I think my official wish in the draft is Jeffrey Simmons. I think most of the edge will be gone. And I am not in favor of giving up a next years first to move up for this group. Nnadi has a chance to be good. And would still have a role in this defense. But Simmons has superstar potential. It does come down to if this team is comfortable given Simmons involvement in a fight
Have you seen the Jeffery Simmons video? I see zero chance that the Chiefs will take him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:54 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Have you seen the Jeffery Simmons video? I see zero chance that the Chiefs will take him.
Yet, they had a meeting in KC
[Reply]
RunKC 02:20 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If we’re trading up then I hope it’s for Ferrell. Otherwise it’s Adderley, Tillery or Bradbury at 29 for me.
This is where I am. Adderley is probably my 4th choice, but I’d be stoked getting any of them.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:37 PM 04-06-2019
The thing about Veach is that you have no idea what he’s thinking or who he’s gonna take. I love the surprise element of it
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:17 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Why are Chiefs fans so f#cking concerned with off-field issues? Unless someone has done something that will put them in prison, I really don't give a f#ck. The Simmons incident happened when he was In highschool. He was a damn kid. Nothing since then has happened so If the Chiefs decide to take him then that's fine with me. Mixon was seen on tape beating up a woman WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE. He still got drafted though and hasn't been a problem. Simmons is a top ten talent that could fall into our hands due to his injury. Veach would be stupid not to consider him.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up