ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 382
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315355 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:25 PM 02-14-2021
My dude is approaching 'its either great or barely drinkable' territory but he has a ton of fun doing it which I respect
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:42 PM 02-14-2021
Mmmm....ice frosty cold Busch Light.

/end of thread
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:10 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My dude is approaching 'its either great or barely drinkable' territory but he has a ton of fun doing it which I respect
Watching Mahomes : watching every other QB :: Drinking Bottle Logic : drinking every other beer

Valvoline thinks this pours a little thick and Wilford Brimley is rolling over in his grave. I have been ruined. Deliciously, deliciously ruined.

[Reply]
phisherman 04:02 PM 02-14-2021
I'm currently enjoying a couple week old BKS Juice's Counterculture. So freaking good.
[Reply]
scho63 04:40 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Tried the Fate for a King Coconut today, it's pretty good!
I live about 2 miles away- we should meet up for a beer. I promise to leave the roofies home. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:52 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I live about 2 miles away- we should meet up for a beer. I promise to leave the roofies home. :-)
Oh, I wasn't at that one.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:54 PM 02-14-2021
Seriously though, the south location and their porch is my favorite, but haven't been to the Tempe one.

And you mentioned Yeti... picked up a peanut butter Yeti yesterday. They have so many variants now, it's hard to keep track.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:59 PM 02-14-2021
Speaking of Half Acre earlier, Catch Hell is their crown jewel BA stout. They released the double barrel version last week which I missed out on but was lucky enough to be able to grab a howler of the single barrel version, released last year, which I missed out on at that time as well. So it goes.

This is amazing btw

[Reply]
scho63 10:05 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Oh, I wasn't at that one.
We had a meetup once at the location on Shea

I've also stopped at the one on Scottsdale Rd a few times- it's not in the best location but I think they have the best location and atmosphere.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:10 PM 02-19-2021
I mean, it's no Bottle Logic, buuuut....

After this first one, glad I bought a few different beers from this brewery.... and not having to go anywhere near St. Louis to get it is a nice bonus. :-)

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:53 PM 02-21-2021
Speaking of Half Acre earlier, Catch Hell is their crown jewel BA stout. They released the double barrel version last week which I missed out on but was lucky enough to be able to grab a howler of the single barrel version, released last year, which I missed out on at that time as well. So it goes.

This is amazing btw

I finagled a trade for the double barrel version of Half Acre's Catch Hell

The barrel character is just silly good. It's a liquified chocolate covered Chick-O-Stick

One of the finest BA stouts Chicago has ever produced.

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:51 PM 02-21-2021

I actually don't care much for that Half Acre coffee stout, Big Hugs, listed at Kings. Its more traditional roasty than I prefer, even the vanilla version, YMMV though. Half Acre did post on the Gram yesterday a photo of their coconut coffee stout, Benthic, with a caption along the lines of "get ready AZ". That's one of their money stouts. More new school, big flavored stout than Big Hugs. Its comparable to Bottle Logic's best stouts (that I've had) and imagine it'll land at Kings given their current stock of HA beers.
Bought a few Big Hugs today, figured it was worth a shot... a couple of the bourbon barrel aged, one unleaded, and one with vanilla.

I finagled a trade for the double barrel version of Half Acre's Catch Hell

The barrel character is just silly good. It's a liquified chocolate covered Chick-O-Stick

One of the finest BA stouts Chicago has ever produced.
Had to Google Chick-O-Stick..... I have a long LA lineup, with Bottle Logic, Smog City, Modern Times, The Bruery, etc... and then Chicago is quickly taking over with BCS variants, Hubbard's Cave, the Mikerphone/Untitled Art collab, and now Half Acre.

I need to get an AirBnb started up there and work from there every once in a while... just for the beer. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:06 PM 02-21-2021
:-)

Love these beer/snow pictures!
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:10 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I've had a bunch of Main and Mill's beers. Jifforia and its variants are decent but don't pay through the nose for the barrel aged variants.

Originally Posted by phisherman:
If you've had any Perennial or Side Project stouts, their flavor leans toward dark chocolate and bitter cocoa. Main and Mill's are quite chocolate forward but have more of a milk chocolate character and are quite a bit sweeter.

That being said, I have had some great bottles and some terrible bottles. Double barrel Carpathian was one of the worst BA stouts I've ever had that didn't have technical problems, e.g. oxidation, infection.

Their pastry stouts are typically pretty good, if not overly sweet.
Thanks! Somehow missed your comments before... the other one I found was an Ice Cream Daze Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Only 5.4%, but the first one was pretty good (just not a heavy stout).

I've sadly never had Side Project.... I had Perennial Fantastic Voyage in Portland a couple years ago (and brought a crowler home), and then had it again at KC Beer Fest. It was pretty fantastic. :-)

I'm always a bit nervous about new beers, especially when they're claiming "pastry stout" or huge flavor in general... I bought a 4 pack of a Caramel Current "pasty stout" a few weeks ago and immediately regretted it from just the complete lack of aroma, much less taste. The Main and Mills weren't bad price-wise though (and just singles), which helps with my whole "but is it Bottle Logic". :-)

[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:25 PM 02-21-2021
watch it ,I lived on the east edge of D-soto:-)

Great area for sport riding and some of the best/ most dangerous roads ever. I used to ride or drive from Desoto to Pacific regularly. I dated a Jodie Foster look alike who lived there. Her grandparents owned Case. ****ing crazy bitch, great in bed.

.Lots of southern flags are to be found in the area yet great wineries a little south. Diving is kinda cool under a mining town.

It was a good thing to know a circuit judge in Farmington

Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I’m not familiar with the brewery, but I’m familiar with how awful Festus is.

[Reply]
Page 305 of 382
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315355 > Last »
Up