ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 382
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 11:06 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Funny you asked, KCU, I was just bumping this thread after glancing through the beer supply. What are you thinking for Sunday?

So for this year, forgot I had these two... how ****ing perfect is this imagery?

Rum barrel isn't my favorite though.

These two below will be opened. Source Code is one of my favorites from them... thick, heavy German chocolate cake, not sure it was distributed outside of LA.

Someone gave me a ~6-7 year old BCS Coffee which needs to be opened.

Also thinking about potentially a Cafe de Olla of the BCS variety or Bottle Logic, or maybe Special #4, or Fate King Sized Candy Bar Stout... but, with the lack of travel and trips to Phoenix and LA, I'm kind of in low supply of the really good shit, and it's really hard picking them out when I'm down to a last bottle of something (and the BL Transmit in All Colors gets better and better with age, but I'm down to one).

I'll probably make a beer store run and grab some Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout or maybe Blvd BBQ... something on the lighter side to get me through the afternoon and halftime.

I love rum beers and I love Prairie but the pirate bomb was extremely inconsistent last year. I have some bottles that are great and some have way too much rum, resulting in a very unbalanced mess. The Pirate Noir was much better I thought.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:23 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I love rum beers and I love Prairie but the pirate bomb was extremely inconsistent last year. I have some bottles that are great and some have way too much rum, resulting in a very unbalanced mess. The Pirate Noir was much better I thought.
I want to say I've had one or two that I've enjoyed, but can't think of any off the top of my head (and a quick Google).

That's probably it though... I had the Pirate Bomb last year and didn't care for it. At the time, I thought it could use like 5 years in timeout (and these days I hardly ever try a beer and think it needs to age).
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:51 AM 02-02-2021
Funny you asked, KCU, I was just bumping this thread after glancing through the beer supply. What are you thinking for Sunday?

So for this year, forgot I had these two... how fucking perfect is this imagery?

Rum barrel isn't my favorite though.

These two below will be opened. Source Code is one of my favorites from them... thick, heavy German chocolate cake, not sure it was distributed outside of LA.

Someone gave me a ~6-7 year old BCS Coffee which needs to be opened.

Also thinking about potentially a Cafe de Olla of the BCS variety or Bottle Logic, or maybe Special #4, or Fate King Sized Candy Bar Stout... but, with the lack of travel and trips to Phoenix and LA, I'm kind of in low supply of the really good shit, and it's really hard picking them out when I'm down to a last bottle of something (and the BL Transmit in All Colors gets better and better with age, but I'm down to one).

I'll probably make a beer store run and grab some Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout or maybe Blvd BBQ... something on the lighter side to get me through the afternoon and halftime.

Nice list! Its been a few years since I've had the Prairie rum barrels but remember enjoying them. Speaking of which, last weekend I grabbed Hubbard's Cave rum barrel Coco(nut) Van(illa) release, so I have that one queued up at some point.

Not sure what I'm going with yet. Feel I'm going to start the day with a recent Binny's/Odd Side (MI) collab, Double Barrel Rye Hipster Brunch with coffee, maple, and bacon. Good chance I pour it into a Chiefs coffee mug like a true hipster as well. Then definitely some local IPAs during the game. We'll see where that leads me wrt celebratory beer(s).

I've got my frickin year end review with my boss early that next morning
:-)
[Reply]
phisherman 12:05 PM 02-02-2021
BKS cans all day!
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:01 PM 02-10-2021
Bearcat, I'm confident you know this already but King's online ordering system will hold pickup orders for 30 days!

I'm coming into town in 3 weeks and have already carted their Bottle Logic BA stout inventory but like any other Chicago shitlord I'll be F5'ing their page every few minutes to ensure all your base belong to me.

Honestly though, look out for Chicago's Half Acre Benthic down there. BA coconut and coffee stout heavy on the flavors. Feel it would be up your alley. Love them here even outside of great beer reasons, so its cool to see they're sending the good stuff elsewhere.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:37 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Bearcat, I'm confident you know this already but King's online ordering system will hold pickup orders for 30 days!

I'm coming into town in 3 weeks and have already carted their Bottle Logic BA stout inventory but like any other Chicago shitlord I'll be F5'ing their page every few minutes to ensure all your base belong to me.

Honestly though, look out for Chicago's Half Acre Benthic down there. BA coconut and coffee stout heavy on the flavors. Feel it would be up your alley. Love them here even outside of great beer reasons, so its cool to see they're sending the good stuff elsewhere.

Yeah, I love that place... haven't been since they re-finished their lounge, but might have to now that it's on my mind and the BL supply is a bit low.

King's has Not My Gumdrop Buttons! in growlers, it looks like... you must like gingerbread, but it's really good. I highly, highly recommend bottles/cans of Study Break as well as Transmit in All Colors. Distant Messenger is 'good'... solid, and a little weird/unique. I clearly need to get down there for Gap Year and Scatter Signal. And finally, Mint Condition is pretty spot on in terms of chocolate mint, but it's a ton of mint.... it's so close to mint ice cream, I think it would actually be better as like a slushy.

Smog City is worth trying, even though I don't see any of their heavier stuff on King's website (Craft Beer Quick Stop might have it).

If you see these Ales from the Crypt by OHSO, they are very tasty from what I've tried. Had the Morning Grind before the SB started and it was surprisingly great.

If you'll have time to hang out somewhere, let me know... and if OTWP is around, maybe we can have a CP beer snob bash.

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:09 AM 02-11-2021

Yeah, I love that place... haven't been since they re-finished their lounge, but might have to now that it's on my mind and the BL supply is a bit low.

King's has Not My Gumdrop Buttons! in growlers, it looks like... you must like gingerbread, but it's really good. I highly, highly recommend bottles/cans of Study Break as well as Transmit in All Colors. Distant Messenger is 'good'... solid, and a little weird/unique. I clearly need to get down there for Gap Year and Scatter Signal. And finally, Mint Condition is pretty spot on in terms of chocolate mint, but it's a ton of mint.... it's so close to mint ice cream, I think it would actually be better as like a slushy.

Smog City is worth trying, even though I don't see any of their heavier stuff on King's website (Craft Beer Quick Stop might have it).

If you see these Ales from the Crypt by OHSO, they are very tasty from what I've tried. Had the Morning Grind before the SB started and it was surprisingly great.

If you'll have time to hang out somewhere, let me know... and if OTWP is around, maybe we can have a CP beer snob bash.

I'm just stunned with the 30 day pick up window. That's unheard of here.

I've enjoyed a few Smog City IPAs while in LA for work, but none of their bigger beers. I'll check out the others you've recommended as well as I'll likely be flying some back with me. Their list is like a candy store.

They have Parish which Timbone has traded with me in the past. While on the smaller side, 6.8%, Rêve Coffee Stout is really good if you like coffee.

Unfortunately, its a quick turnaround for me. Literally hitting Kings straight from the airport, maybe a QuikTrip if y'all are allowing fountain drinks, then heading south for the border for a couple days before flying back.

I'll be down more frequently later in the year though and will give you a heads up.
[Reply]
A8bil 02:42 PM 02-11-2021
If any of you get out to Truckee CA, drop in at the 50/50 Brewery. They're constantly changing their offerings -- and they normally have up to a dozen choices at any given time -- but hands down they have created some of the best beers I've tasted.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:10 PM 02-11-2021
I'm just stunned with the 30 day pick up window. That's unheard of here.

I've enjoyed a few Smog City IPAs while in LA for work, but none of their bigger beers. I'll check out the others you've recommended as well as I'll likely be flying some back with me. Their list is like a candy store.

They have Parish which Timbone has traded with me in the past. While on the smaller side, 6.8%, Rêve Coffee Stout is really good if you like coffee.

Unfortunately, its a quick turnaround for me. Literally hitting Kings straight from the airport, maybe a QuikTrip if y'all are allowing fountain drinks, then heading south for the border for a couple days before flying back.

I'll be down more frequently later in the year though and will give you a heads up.
Nice, what part of Mexico? They seem to be pretty open at the moment, maybe just a stern lecture if you're driving back into the country.

Thinking about King's for this weekend, actually... saw they have a Half Acre coffee stout at the moment.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:15 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by A8bil:
If any of you get out to Truckee CA, drop in at the 50/50 Brewery. They're constantly changing their offerings -- and they normally have up to a dozen choices at any given time -- but hands down they have created some of the best beers I've tasted.
Pretty sure I've had their Eclipse, but don't remember the variant off hand. Looking at their website and labels, I'm not sure Phoenix gets anything else from them.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:43 PM 02-11-2021
Nice, what part of Mexico? They seem to be pretty open at the moment, maybe just a stern lecture if you're driving back into the country.

Thinking about King's for this weekend, actually... saw they have a Half Acre coffee stout at the moment.
Rocky Point, its roughly 4 hours southwest of PHX on the gulf. I don't expect much hassle since we're driving across and staying with family.

I actually don't care much for that Half Acre coffee stout, Big Hugs, listed at Kings. Its more traditional roasty than I prefer, even the vanilla version, YMMV though. Half Acre did post on the Gram yesterday a photo of their coconut coffee stout, Benthic, with a caption along the lines of "get ready AZ". That's one of their money stouts. More new school, big flavored stout than Big Hugs. Its comparable to Bottle Logic's best stouts (that I've had) and imagine it'll land at Kings given their current stock of HA beers.

I pulled the trigger on a BL Scatter Signal on Kings site today. Sounds delish.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:52 PM 02-11-2021
Rocky Point, its roughly 4 hours southwest of PHX on the gulf. I don't expect much hassle since we're driving across and staying with family.

I actually don't care much for that Half Acre coffee stout, Big Hugs, listed at Kings. Its more traditional roasty than I prefer, even the vanilla version, YMMV though. Half Acre did post on the Gram yesterday a photo of their coconut coffee stout, Benthic, with a caption along the lines of "get ready AZ". That's one of their money stouts. More new school, big flavored stout than Big Hugs. Its comparable to Bottle Logic's best stouts (that I've had) and imagine it'll land at Kings given their current stock of HA beers.

I pulled the trigger on a BL Scatter Signal on Kings site today. Sounds delish.
If you like seafood at all, go to Tekila Bar, their coconut shrimp and fish tacos are unreal.... and while I don't love Tequila, I've always gotten a good amount of booze in their drinks, so it's not the watered down touristy drinks that you'd expect.

Can't wait to try Scatter Signal. Fate still lists King Sized Candy Bar Stout on their menu, even though it hasn't been updated in a couple weeks, so I might give them a call and see if it's still there.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:06 PM 02-11-2021
If you like seafood at all, go to Tekila Bar, their coconut shrimp and fish tacos are unreal.... and while I don't love Tequila, I've always gotten a good amount of booze in their drinks, so it's not the watered down touristy drinks that you'd expect.

Can't wait to try Scatter Signal. Fate still lists King Sized Candy Bar Stout on their menu, even though it hasn't been updated in a couple weeks, so I might give them a call and see if it's still there.
I've been to Tekila Bar! There's supposedly a Mexican craft beer centric spot down there called Colin's Cantina that I want to check out one of these trips.

I'd go to extremes to be on Fate's patio right now.

Wandering Tortoise has a BL stout on draft that sounds delish:

Prodigal Physics is a Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout built on the legendary vanilla base of Fundamental Observation 2020. ⁣

The berry compote-top note in this year's Madagascar vanilla bean harvest was the perfect springboard for this Neapolitan Ice Cream-inspired variant beer, so we added lactose to the brew for a silky, ice-creamy body and finished it all through a mountain of Ecuadorian cacao nibs and summer strawberries! ⁣

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:44 PM 02-11-2021
I've been to Tekila Bar! There's supposedly a Mexican craft beer centric spot down there called Colin's Cantina that I want to check out one of these trips.

I'd go to extremes to be on Fate's patio right now.

Wandering Tortoise has a BL stout on draft that sounds delish:

Prodigal Physics is a Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout built on the legendary vanilla base of Fundamental Observation 2020. ⁣

The berry compote-top note in this year's Madagascar vanilla bean harvest was the perfect springboard for this Neapolitan Ice Cream-inspired variant beer, so we added lactose to the brew for a silky, ice-creamy body and finished it all through a mountain of Ecuadorian cacao nibs and summer strawberries! ⁣
Figured you might be familiar. I haven't tried any beer places there, but that Colin's place is close to where I've stayed before.... and the one thing that stuck out on their menu was a maple bacon margarita.

I'll have to do some more research if I'm actually heading down this weekend, but Ground Control has some good stuff, too... a few BLs and a heavier Smog City stout. It's just that it's across town from Wandering Tortoise, The Theodore, King's, and Fate's.

And speaking of rum barrels, they have O'Dell Jolly Russian... I had it a few years ago and it was one of the best not-BL beers I've ever tried. Completely forgot about it before. I had it a year or two ago at Ground Control and for whatever reason it wasn't nearly as good, whether it was just inconsistency or I'm ruined by BL.

I think that Prodigal Physics came out over the summer, IIRC, but I know sometimes they'll save for later.... a least the bottles have come down a *little* lately. I think they were in the ~$32-33 range when their tasting rooms weren't open, and they're at least down a few bucks now.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:00 PM 02-11-2021
Figured you might be familiar. I haven't tried any beer places there, but that Colin's place is close to where I've stayed before.... and the one thing that stuck out on their menu was a maple bacon margarita.

I'll have to do some more research if I'm actually heading down this weekend, but Ground Control has some good stuff, too... a few BLs and a heavier Smog City stout. It's just that it's across town from Wandering Tortoise, The Theodore, King's, and Fate's.

And speaking of rum barrels, they have O'Dell Jolly Russian... I had it a few years ago and it was one of the best not-BL beers I've ever tried. Completely forgot about it before. I had it a year or two ago at Ground Control and for whatever reason it wasn't nearly as good, whether it was just inconsistency or I'm ruined by BL.

I think that Prodigal Physics came out over the summer, IIRC, but I know sometimes they'll save for later.... a least the bottles have come down a *little* lately. I think they were in the ~$32-33 range when their tasting rooms weren't open, and they're at least down a few bucks now.
I live 2 minutes from Ground Control.

If I can ever get something for you let me know.
[Reply]
Page 303 of 382
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313353 > Last »
Up