ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 382
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:13 AM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
They moved to 22 oz bottles this year to get more $$$ per oz. I'm not waiting in line for it, not because I'm too cool, but there's some outstanding stouts readily available here. I didn't realize people camp out the night before at the Lincoln Park Binny's. I do have an insider spot near me that apparently gets overlooked that I'll check out on Black Friday, but I'm not making a huge effort. I'll mostly be looking for a Rare which has been aged for 2 years in 35-year-old Heaven Hill whiskey barrels or the Proprietor's.

I can survive off the 3 Floyd's Wig Splitter coffee stouts I've accumulated.
Damn... yeah, not really worth that kind of hype these days.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:19 AM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Damn... yeah, not really worth that kind of hype these days.
I edited my post after you quoted me, but they're 16.9 oz bottles across the board this year.

Outside of the Chicago exclusive stuff, you're probably better off getting it outside of the Chicago market. Similar to Boulevard, there's bottles of Chocolate, Saison-Brett, and Love Child just sitting on shelves up here.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:46 AM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
No Double Jack at either Randall's location last night, but did find it at Lukas, along with a few bottles of BBQ.
Crazy, but at this point you'll probably be disappointed if you do eventually find it. Truth be told though, I fell in love with it back when there wasn't as much of on abundance of quality big IPAs. These days you have so many more choices that you probably won't see what I see in it. The Calling is every bit as good.

So the BBQ is out then? I've been asking about it for weeks and nobody can tell me anything. I google it every day and come up with nothing and they've never posted anything on Facebook. I want to squirrel away a case. Moving outside of Boulevard distribution has been rough.
[Reply]
Shag 10:03 AM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
What the fuck is so special about Sam Adams Utopias that it warrants a $200 a bottle price tag?
The one time I had it, it was more like a butterscotch liqueur than beer. We really tasty, though.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:05 PM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Crazy, but at this point you'll probably be disappointed if you do eventually find it. Truth be told though, I fell in love with it back when there wasn't as much of on abundance of quality big IPAs. These days you have so many more choices that you probably won't see what I see in it. The Calling is every bit as good.

So the BBQ is out then? I've been asking about it for weeks and nobody can tell me anything. I google it every day and come up with nothing and they've never posted anything on Facebook. I want to squirrel away a case. Moving outside of Boulevard distribution has been rough.
Lucas had BBQ last night. I picked up two bottles.

I've been to all three Randall's locations in the last 36 hours and none of them have it.

Was able to finally pick up some 90 Minute. Usually all they have is the 60.
[Reply]
TimBone 03:21 PM 11-21-2015
Parish Brewing Company in Broussard, Louisiana had a release party today for their Grand Reserve Barleywine. Also available for purchase at the party was Ghost in The Machine, their super popular Imperial IPA. Both are high quality beers, but the Ghost in the Machine is probably the best beer I've ever had from Louisiana. From what I understand, they originally only released it once a year, but they've recently been doing more batches. I hear there has been minor consistency issues since they've been putting it out more regularly, but I'm willing to bet it's still pretty damn good.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/87633/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/113403/

I didn't hear about the release party until tickets were already sold out. In a panic, I called the brewery, and the guy working told me I should be able to come in Monday morning and get at least a couple of four packs of Ghost, and a couple bottles of Grand Reserve. He also mentioned that they didn't make enough Ghost to ship to stores, so really the brewery is the only place I can buy it. It's an hour and a half drive, but I'll be making it Monday morning to try and get my hands on both beers.
[Reply]
TimBone 03:23 PM 11-21-2015
Also, if any of you are ever in Texas and see Yellow Rose IPA from Lone Pint brewery for sale anywhere, do yourself a favor and try it. It's wonderful both on tap and from the bottle.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:30 PM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Parish Brewing Company in Broussard, Louisiana had a release party today for their Grand Reserve Barleywine. Also available for purchase at the party was Ghost in The Machine, their super popular Imperial IPA. Both are high quality beers, but the Ghost in the Machine is probably the best beer I've ever had from Louisiana. From what I understand, they originally only released it once a year, but they've recently been doing more batches. I hear there has been minor consistency issues since they've been putting it out more regularly, but I'm willing to bet it's still pretty damn good.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/87633/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/113403/

I didn't hear about the release party until tickets were already sold out. In a panic, I called the brewery, and the guy working told me I should be able to come in Monday morning and get at least a couple of four packs of Ghost, and a couple bottles of Grand Reserve. He also mentioned that they didn't make enough Ghost to ship to stores, so really the brewery is the only place I can buy it. It's an hour and a half drive, but I'll be making it Monday morning to try and get my hands on both beers.
Nice. Jealous. As a frequenter of SEC boards (tigerdroppings), I'm extremely familiar with Ghost's reputation and hype. Congrats and enjoy!
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:34 PM 11-21-2015
Of all the Firestone Walker taps available this weekend, Viaje De Roble is my favorite. Mezcal barrel aged, definitely hit my sweet spot.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:28 PM 11-21-2015
I edited my post after you quoted me, but they're 16.9 oz bottles across the board this year.

Outside of the Chicago exclusive stuff, you're probably better off getting it outside of the Chicago market. Similar to Boulevard, there's bottles of Chocolate, Saison-Brett, and Love Child just sitting on shelves up here.
Yeah, most of the BBQ I've had in recent years came from Omaha and I've seen a bunch of Chocolate Ale and others up there before.

That's happened once with BCS, and it was BCS coffee... found 3 of them at a Hy-Vee in Omaha... hadn't ever seen one and haven't seen one since though.
[Reply]
Buzz 11-21-2015, 11:37 PM
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: .
Squalor2 12:41 AM 11-22-2015
if i have the 51st beer on this list will i die? all the before you die stuff. my luck it would be a jerk chicken beer and id choke on a chunk of grizzle.
[Reply]
Miles 03:33 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Also, if any of you are ever in Texas and see Yellow Rose IPA from Lone Pint brewery for sale anywhere, do yourself a favor and try it. It's wonderful both on tap and from the bottle.
Going near where it's made next week. Something I can find at Specs in the Woodlands or try harder than that?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:24 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, most of the BBQ I've had in recent years came from Omaha and I've seen a bunch of Chocolate Ale and others up there before.

That's happened once with BCS, and it was BCS coffee... found 3 of them at a Hy-Vee in Omaha... hadn't ever seen one and haven't seen one since though.
This is my first BCS release since I've lived here and I guess my "insider" spot isn't so insider. Homebrew friend told me to check out the Walgreens near me on Black Friday. Reading online that people start gathering at that Walgreens at midnight for a 10 am BCS selling. Yeah, fuck that. It's a fucking Walgreens. If I don't fall ass backwards into a couple bottles, I'll probably just wait for some kegs to get tapped.

Limited beer releases can be the absolute worst.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:55 AM 11-22-2015
This is my first BCS release since I've lived here and I guess my "insider" spot isn't so insider. Homebrew friend told me to check out the Walgreens near me on Black Friday. Reading online that people start gathering at that Walgreens at midnight for a 10 am BCS selling. Yeah, fuck that. It's a fucking Walgreens. If I don't fall ass backwards into a couple bottles, I'll probably just wait for some kegs to get tapped.

Limited beer releases can be the absolute worst.
And on the one day a year I don't want to leave the house.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:00 AM 11-22-2015
I'll most likely get plenty here in KC if anyone is looking for extras and has something interesting to trade for it.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 382
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up