ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes audibles on 3rd down
O.city 09:25 AM 04-16-2024

On the biggest play of the season, Patrick Mahomes frantically went to an audible — for a play the Chiefs hadn't run all season.

Here's the rest of the story on how a "head-scratching" call helped the Chiefs win Super Bowl 58.

“It was really cool."https://t.co/clZTOiRuXc

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) April 16, 2024

Good read. It's behind a paywall I think, I'll try to post the version.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 07:05 AM 04-17-2024
Underrated is how smart our offensive lineman are. If they don't know how to block for that, it never works.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:07 AM 04-17-2024
The level of preparedness from the whole team is just crazy.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:08 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they should just get rid of the game clock in overtime. What’s the point of it? You are playing till we have a winner regardless of time.
While not relevant in a dome like in LV, in an outdoor stadium that could be critical, considering wind and all.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:13 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They also won the SB on a version of corndog. It's wild to think that they have three TD's off essentially the same play in the last two SBs, all of which were critical to the win. And what's even wilder was those three TDs were caught by Toney, Moore, and Hardman.
That asks Moore TD they are ere also in the wrong formation I think Kelce was n he wrong side , Pat tried to motion Toney over but Toney waved him off , if toney moves it would have been a flag , not what I would consider well oiled machine but somehow they still made it work.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:00 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
#92 and #48 look pretty confused when Mahomes checks.

That Greenlaw injury really fucked them. Probably can’t be overstated.
Yeah - the Chiefs had a hell of an effort to win that thing but it's hard to argue that they still win it if Greenlaw is there.

Injuries happen - they're a part of the game (we lost Omenihu, for instance) so I'm not willing to listen to that as an excuse. But as a simple statement of fact, the loss of Greenlaw left them badly exposed in the middle in that 2nd half.

And of course Kelce went off against his backup.

I ain't ashamed to admit we probably don't win that game (and that's me being diplomatic - I'd say we DEFINITELY don't win that game if I'm being honest) if Greenlaw is there instead of that array of confused and worthless slobs.

Then again, maybe if they had a better DC/HC duo their backups would have been more prepared.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:11 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they should just get rid of the game clock in overtime. What’s the point of it? You are playing till we have a winner regardless of time.
In outdoor games, switching ends of the field can make a huge difference. Also I am still unclear on if after the 2nd OT do they play it like an end of the half and kickoff again?
[Reply]
PHOG 08:33 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Can we please stop it with the FINAL MINUTE shit? If the clock expires, it just goes to a second OT.
Except this particular play was in regulation, the article states. Driving for the tying FG to go to overtime.

Now, if it had been in OT, yes I agree.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
Underrated is how smart our offensive lineman are. If they don't know how to block for that, it never works.
Not sure what Randy Gregory was doing on that play.

He's the only guy that could've blown it up. If he tries to go through Taylor and pushes around him, he's right in McKinnon's exit path. Instead he gets popped and immediately bounces out to the middle.

It almost looks like a designed look to stop a middle screen? But he was the guy (#5) that had to blow that play up and he just wasn't there.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:22 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
That asks Moore TD they are ere also in the wrong formation I think Kelce was n he wrong side , Pat tried to motion Toney over but Toney waved him off , if toney moves it would have been a flag , not what I would consider well oiled machine but somehow they still made it work.

My general impression of Toney , especially from last year, is that he is an incredibly stupid player. But then I always think of the play that is noted above. Toney obviously knew what was happening and had total situational awareness. Because he was so smart about it the play worked. I’ve always had trouble seeing how that instance fit with all the other impressions he has provided of not having any football smarts at all.

As he lost us two games all by himself last year, and didn’t contribute anything at all, I really feel, we would be better off getting rid of him. But maybe I’m wrong and he will really surprise everybody this year. That would be great.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:26 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not sure what Randy Gregory was doing on that play.

He's the only guy that could've blown it up. If he tries to go through Taylor and pushes around him, he's right in McKinnon's exit path. Instead he gets popped and immediately bounces out to the middle.

It almost looks like a designed look to stop a middle screen? But he was the guy (#5) that had to blow that play up and he just wasn't there.
Sort of looks like it. It would make sense too because then if there's no screen 5 can just spy Mahomes which you want on 3rd and 2
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up