ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 791
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175575 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:53 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best of them you fucking moron.

Maybe you should get your football takes from your sources too

:-)
And his worst ones (that highlight films don't show) are the ones that make me believe he wouldn't fit here.

I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about that.
[Reply]
-King- 07:53 PM 02-26-2019
I don't get the point of the argument. I think Bell would be perfect for us but we don't have the money for him and more importantly, even if we did, we have MUCH bigger needs to spend the money on.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:53 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
why are you only talking about 3 of his 5 years?

Why would you be so disingenuous to try and leave out his most RECENT season? It was his most used season and ironically he only averaged 4.0 yards a carry.

I'm sure that's why you left that one out but counted one where he only played in 6 games :-)
Because you were talking about his career YPC defining who he is as a player in general.

The argument isn’t that a washed up or over the hill Bell wouldn’t succeed in KC. If that’s the case, he wouldn’t succeed anywhere.

We’re talking specifically about his running style and that alone taking him from elite to average because it’s not a fit for Reid and our OL.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:55 PM 02-26-2019
Because you were talking about his career YPC defining who he is as a player in general.

The argument isn’t that a washed up or over the hill Bell wouldn’t succeed in KC. If that’s the case, he wouldn’t succeed anywhere.

We’re talking specifically about his running style and that alone taking him from elite to average.
If his career ypc doesn't define what he is as a player what does 3 of the 5 years have to do with anything?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:56 PM 02-26-2019
And his worst ones (that highlight films don't show) are the ones that make me believe he wouldn't fit here.

I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about that.
Because I’m not denying that he wouldn’t bring his bad runs with him too. That would be stupid. I’m simply saying it wouldn’t increase here or at least to the point that he’s no longer elite.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:58 PM 02-26-2019
And I believe that his hesitancy in hitting the hole on a consistent basis would end up with him not having elite numbers here.
A highlight film isn't going to disprove that.

In fact like I said before once the media made a big deal about his running style he got WORSE about it and looking atit now the numbers agree, 4.0 ypc his last season.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 PM 02-26-2019
If his career ypc doesn't define what he is as a player what does 3 of the 5 years have to do with anything?
Again, we’re talking about Bell at his best all things even. Those were his prime years, and even that last year, he was still an elite RB.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:59 PM 02-26-2019
And I believe that his hesitancy in hitting the hole on a consistent basis would end up with him not having elite numbers here.
A highlight film isn't going to disprove that.

In fact like I said before once the media made a big deal about his running style he got WORSE about it and looking atit now the numbers agree, 4.0 ypc his last season.
Yea I’m sure that had nothing to do with wear and tear :-)

You’re so full of shit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:59 PM 02-26-2019
:-) If anyone thinks that Bell wouldn't excel here with Pat fucking Mahomes

Production isn't really a question at all. They just don't have the space to give him everything he wants.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:03 PM 02-26-2019
In
Because I’m not denying that he wouldn’t bring his bad runs with him too. That would be stupid. I’m simply saying it wouldn’t increase here or at least to the point that he’s no longer elite.
And i'm saying that I think the bad runs would increase because our o line isn't good at sustaining blocks. They aren't great at keeping holes open. Pretty sure ive seen stats here that back that up.
You're totally guessing and talking in absolutes and i'm the moron?

Yeah. Fuck you.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:04 PM 02-26-2019
It would certainly be a premium upgrade at the position for us. And I find it hard to believe that we couldn't use our linemen to grade a road now and again as well. If pass-pro is the only thing under God this line can do well, then we have problems beyond worrying about whether or not Bell would make an effective Chief.

If we had the money, I'd be happy to have him.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:06 PM 02-26-2019
Yea I’m sure that had nothing to do with wear and tear :-)

You’re so full of shit.
Wear and tear? Why? He had only like 30 some less touches in 2014 and had a much better yard per carry and a much better yards per catch.

Are you now saying he's broke down and would still be elite here?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:07 PM 02-26-2019
And i'm saying that I think the bad runs would increase because our o line isn't good at sustaining blocks. They aren't great at keeping holes open. Pretty sure ive seen stats here that back that up.
You're totally guessing and talking in absolutes and i'm the moron?

Yeah. Duck you.
Ohhh I’m guessing and talking in absolutes?

You’re saying that an elite RB, a position where if you’re elite you can play anywhere, would be a failure with Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins and an above average OL simply because he hesitates for a fraction of a second on a lot of runs?

I’m the one one guessing and talking in absolutes. Yea you’re being totally reasonable.

I told you to have a bold take not a fucking retarded one. Get better dude.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:11 PM 02-26-2019
Ohhh I’m guessing and talking in absolutes?

You’re saying that an elite RB, a position where if you’re elite you can play anywhere, would be a failure with Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins and an above average OL?

I’m the one one guessing and talking in absolutes. Yea you’re being totally reasonable.

I told you to have a bold take not a fucking retarded one. Get better dude.
I didn't say he'd be a failure at all. I'm saying he might not be elite anymore.

And fuck he's sat out a year, after posting his worst averages of his career, he might not be elite ANYWHERE anymore. Who has sat out a year and came back elite?

Bold take? Look at anything about landon Collins on this board. All me buddy. I was talking about trading for him BEFORE earl Thomas got hurt. I'm the first to think about Ford for Collins. You don't know shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:16 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I really don't understand how we end up with these guys. Justin Houston still has value yet he won't take a cut..Eric Berry is being Eric Berry...

How is it Baltimore gets guys like Suggs and Reed willing to take less to stay when they are getting older yet our guys are like yea fuck ya'll.
Add Tamba Hali to that list, too. He put the Chiefs through the goddamn fucking ringer on that last 3-year deal Dorsey gave to him. The team showed him nothing but loyalty in his entire time here, and he said, "Ya'll gonna overpay for my old wrinkly ass." It was the year after Ford's awful rookie season, so he had us by the balls, but he didn't relent one bit.

Tamba had a 1st round contract and a large extension. It wasn't like he was playing for peanuts in the first several years of his NFL career at all. Yes, I usually try to side with the players, but the unfortunate side of things is I and many other fans root for team before individual players. If you're on the sharp downside of your career and you demand huge money after already getting paid twice, that will hurt the team's ability to compete.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 791
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175575 > Last »
Up