ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Wr round 1
O.city 10:15 AM 01-07-2020
So obviously the Chiefs aren't desperate for a WR. They do need one with Watkins probably leaving though. I like Pringle but I don't know what he really is.

If you're sitting there at say 29-32 and one of these big WR's falls thru the cracks, you take a swing?

This draft is pretty loaded at WR, so I wouldn't but if say one of the Alabama guys fell, I might think about it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:46 AM 01-07-2020
NAH.

We have holes to fill. In their first year, a WR isn't going to do much for you in this offense anyway.

Hill, Hardman, and D. Rob/or Pringle is still damned good.
We need LB'ers, OL, and CB's. Perhaps a RB in that mix, too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
NAH.

We have holes to fill. In their first year, a WR isn't going to do much for you in this offense anyway.

Hill, Hardman, and D. Rob/or Pringle is still damned good.
We need LB'ers, OL, and CB's. Perhaps a RB in that mix, too.
DRob is a FA too. So it’d be Hill, Hardman and Pringle.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:47 AM 01-07-2020
I wouldn’t unless some sort of injury/catastrophe occurs with Hill or Hardman.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:48 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
DRob is a FA too. So it’d be Hill, Hardman and Pringle.
Ya think D. Rob is going to be uber-expensive though? I don't.

We're going to re-sign SOME guys, just probably not the big money guys other than Jones. ( whom I think we will.)
[Reply]
Hoover 10:51 AM 01-07-2020
NO!

I'd rather look to free agency and grab a guy like Nelson Agholor
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:53 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ya think D. Rob is going to be uber-expensive though? I don't.

We're going to re-sign SOME guys, just probably not the big money guys other than Jones. ( whom I think we will.)
A team that desperately needs WRs will overpay for him.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:55 AM 01-07-2020
I wouldn't mind drafting a WR but not until late.

It's a deep class, I don't think you need to invest a first round pick to get someone that will work in this offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:11 AM 01-07-2020
Trade Watkins for a 3rd or 4th. Whatever you can get.

Then trade down to the 2nd rd in the draft. Get a 3rd or 4th from some desperate team (there is always a desperate team).

IOL will be strong in the top of the 2nd. It always is.

Get your IOL, corner and LB. Use the extra 3rd on a WR
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:47 AM 01-07-2020
This might be a good year to go bargain bin hunting on a veteran WR who just wants to play with Patrick. Or a prove it year type.

I’d bring Robinson back for something like 1-2 years and $3-4M per.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:55 PM 01-07-2020
Nelson Agholor needs a 1 year prove it contract so he can cash in the following year.

There is no better place than KC for that.

One year deal with some incentives. If he blows up we get a nice parting gift in a compensatory pick.

Hill, Hardman, Agholor, Pringle, Draft Pick
[Reply]
Toad 01:00 PM 01-07-2020
Sammy is gone. Don’t expect any draft comp in return. Need is to replace his skill set best they can.

I would agree with another thread where someone posted that the team should look for a WR who is best in route running, possession and YAC (what Sammy currently provides). Hill and Hardman to stretch the field. Kelce for intermediate stuff.

They could get that one day 3 of the draft or even a mid tier FA. Andy is pretty at WR development. Obviously, Mahomes accelerates that.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:11 PM 01-07-2020
All depends on the market.

If Brady is back in NE do you think NE might be wiling to send a 3rd or 4th rounder for Sammy? I do, and he would be great there. Same goes with the Jets, Raiders, Bears....
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:23 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
NO!

I'd rather look to free agency and grab a guy like Nelson Agholor
WTF? You must not watch him. If you think our back up TE's suck, you'll hate this guy.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/11/...r-latest-drop/

Philadelphia Eagles fans are once again upset with wide receiver, Nelson Agholor, as he dropped another touchdown pass on Sunday.
There aren’t too many guarantees in the football world nowadays. For the Philadelphia Eagles, though, they can almost always count on their wide receiver Nelson Agholor to literally drop the ball in crunch time. It has just become routine at this point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:24 AM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Nelson Agholor needs a 1 year prove it contract so he can cash in the following year.

There is no better place than KC for that.

One year deal with some incentives. If he blows up we get a nice parting gift in a compensatory pick.

Hill, Hardman, Agholor, Pringle, Draft Pick
I don't think a butterfingers guy is a good idea.

I'd rather just keep D. Rob.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up