ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 38
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:54 PM 12-17-2019
I love that the reviews are positive. But, I’m holding back my enthusiasm as the reviews for the last couple were also amazing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:09 PM 12-17-2019
Really? I've seen a lot of negativity.

Massive story spoilers below

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:14 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Everything I’ve seen has been glowing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:07 AM 12-18-2019
The RT score is definitely not what I expected so far.score in spoiler
Spoiler!

Updated score and total reviews #. .
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:09 AM 12-18-2019

Spoiler!
Didn't read the spoiler but alot of loved it or hate it reactions going on.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:52 AM 12-18-2019
I’ve seen a few. Seems mixed. Most are saying convoluted first hour. Better second hour.

I’m sure I will like it. I’m not as hard on these films as most fanboys.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:27 AM 12-18-2019
Copy paste from the other thread, this time with video.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:27 AM 12-18-2019

Spoiler!
Anything can sound corny when put on paper. It's the execution that matters.

Also:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:40 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Anything can sound corny when put on paper. It's the execution that matters.

Also:

Spoiler!
Yeah, I watched the execution of it already. It fucking sucks, in my opinion. If you think differently, that's great, but the entire sequence feels incredibly rushed and underserved, and it's the god-damned climax of this trilogy of movies.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 12-18-2019
I’ll be taking my oldest twin daughter to see it. She loves the movies and to me....that’s all that matters.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:54 AM 12-18-2019

Spoiler!
This sounds exactly like Abrams.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:08 AM 12-18-2019
I'm going Monday, so I'll avoid this thread until then. I've made it pretty clear that to say I'm a skeptic is a vast understatement. We'll see...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:26 AM 12-18-2019
Yeah, I watched the execution of it already. It fucking sucks, in my opinion. If you think differently, that's great, but the entire sequence feels incredibly rushed and underserved, and it's the god-damned climax of this trilogy of movies.
I'm not here to change anyone's opinion. A person will either enjoy and connect with the film or not enjoy and not connect with the film. I'm no Jedi and don't have the power of Mind Control. :-)

What I will say is that taking an excerpt from a piece of art, whether it's a section of a song or a few minutes from a feature film, then basing your opinion on that small of a section, can often be misleading because you're not immersed in the entire piece - it's just a fragment.

My thoughts on The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are archived here on the site for everyone to read and re-read. I struggled with both films at the time of their release. My opinions evolved and changed over time and after recently re-watching the entire 10 movies in order (including Solo and Rogue One), I can admit that my feelings towards The Force Awakens and the Last Jedi have evolved yet again, especially viewing all of the movies as a whole.

To be honest, they've changed for the better, especially TFA and TLJ (and even Attack of the Clones, which I used to think was unwatchable but now realize that it IS watchable - it's just not my favorite by any justification).

Anyway, I'm expecting to see a well cast, well written and well produced film that doesn't necessarily live up to all of my grand expectations but one that will likely wrap up the saga as well as one can possibly wrap up a series of movies that began production more than 44 years ago, involving thousands of people, most of whom that have never worked together or even met, that has an enormous burden of making fans everywhere happy, or at least, somewhat placated.

I probably won't have a "true" opinion until after I've seen it 4 or 5 times and have had some time between my last viewing in the theater and my first few viewings at home. And like the other non-OT films (and not including Rogue One and Solo, which I absolutely LOVED, especially R1), my opinions and feelings about the RoS will likely evolve over time as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:30 AM 12-18-2019
The cinematography is awesome. If they would've pushed this movie back and thought out the plot points better it would've done a world of good. Feels like so much missed potential. It's still miles better than TLJ so there's that.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 38
1 234511 > Last »
Up