ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Favorite Band/Musician from KC Current or Past
Shiver Me Timbers 12:42 PM 02-20-2020
I was a big fan of Shooting Star. Probably my top pick.
Pat Metheny is from Lee's Summit and is my favorite contemp Jazz musician.
Hall of fame for me is Charlie Parker if we are talking straight up bebop.

The reason I started this thread- I had no idea Burt Bacharach was from KC.

Others?
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:34 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Nixhex:

You sir, get repped.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:46 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
They split up now but of recent I have followed I really liked Trampled Under Foot a locale KC blue band.
Went to Paseo with Nick and Kris, hung out with them when I was at Paseo a lot. Nick showed me how to do pinch harmonics when we were in class once.

Wound up becoming real good friends with Danielle later on, when her and her then-boyfriend Walker were in DC Bellamy & Americas Most Wanted, pre-TUF. Danielle was younger than us (still is, actually), so she would have to wait in the green room or outside the venue until it was time for her to play, so we would always get her up to jam during our sets and since I didn't drink much I would always go outside or hang out in the green room with her. Many nights hanging out at my place when I lived in Mid-town or her apartment in OP jamming Beatles tunes on acoustics and other general mayhem until the wee hours of the morning.

Good times.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:48 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Puddle of Mudd wasn't terrible.
They weren't?

But, isn't the answer Tech?
Never has been the answer for me.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:55 PM 03-02-2020
Puddle of Mudd wasn't terrible.
They weren't? Coulda swore they were terrible...unless you like Limp Bizkit-lite

Reminds me of a funny story. My cousin dated the original guitarist, before Fred Durst flew Wes to Florida and signed him and Wes fired the whole band.

He (the original guitarist - I forget his name, it was 20 years ago) came to a family function and picked up a guitar to jam and he was terrible. Made excuses about how he usually played in dropped tuning with a rack mount and a pedalboard full of effects and blah blah blah.

Anyway, yeah, he thought he was going to be big time, cheated on my cousin, she dumped him, and about a week later Wes fired the entire band and no one has heard from him since.

I always thought Silvertide was better than Puddle of Mudd, Limp Bizkit, or Shinedown.

But, isn't the answer Tech?
Never has been the answer for me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up