ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Interesting nugget from Matt Miller today
staylor26 11:30 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by :
—And finally, congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs on their Super Bowl win. The work, unfortunately, never stops for a team that is now the target of 31 other franchises. As the Chiefs' offseason planning gets underway, one thing I've heard often is: General manager Brett Veach will do whatever it takes to surround Mahomes with the best possible offensive weapons. Keep that in mind as mock-draft season kicks off.
I wouldn’t be shocked if we go WR, TE, or RB early.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:07 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn’t be shocked if we go WR, TE, or RB early.
No TE's grade as Rd1 Back of RD2 is where they start. I heard today that OJ Howard may be available for a 3rd from Tampa Bay
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:22 PM 02-10-2020
Yep RB the RB and OL will be the primary targets
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:21 PM 02-10-2020
Well, we’re paying big big money to the QB, WR1, TE, and our OTs by next season. So I’m guessing they will look to the draft to re-stock some of the other spots.

Trading Jones makes more and more sense by the day.... they’re gonna say all the right things to drive up his value, but I bet they kinda know that they need to trade him if they can get good value.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:30 PM 02-21-2020

Daniel Jeremiah said he has 27 wide receivers with a Round 1-3 grade.

— Zack Rosenblatt (@ZackBlatt) February 21, 2020

Good, Good GIF from Goodgood GIFs

[Reply]
tatorhog 03:53 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

For a while I really thought they might extend Watkins to spread out his 2020 cap hit, but the more stuff I see like this, the more I expect them to eat the 7 million in dead money and draft a guy while elevating Hardman and Pringle.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:27 PM 02-21-2020
Give me Chase Claypool.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:42 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
For a while I really thought they might extend Watkins to spread out his 2020 cap hit, but the more stuff I see like this, the more I expect them to eat the 7 million in dead money and draft a guy while elevating Hardman and Pringle.
Kemp was looking good before getting hurt, too.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:36 AM 02-22-2020
This is why you trade down. Don’t care about the 5th year option. Give me another shot at a player in the top 115. Lot of value in the 3rd rd through the top of the 4th.

Move back a few spots and get that extra 3rd/early 4th.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:33 PM 02-22-2020
I simply love the fact that the front office is competent. Veach is a scout at heart and is going to get good players.

Wish we had another 4-5 picks, though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:33 AM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I simply love the fact that the front office is competent. Veach is a scout at heart and is going to get good players.

Wish we had another 4-5 picks, though.
Sure. More picks would be nice. But let’s be real here. Veach (and the coaching staff definitely deserves credit here) turned those late picks into real, contributing players. That’s beyond valuable.

I’m good with it.
[Reply]
Up