ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>DC Birds of Prey
Sure-Oz 01:07 PM 02-05-2020
https://youtu.be/x3HbbzHK5Mc

Didn't see a thread but comes out Friday.
So far a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes w/ 58 reviews. Very surprised.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:44 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
But other than that....a good flick?
Go watch Sucker Punch instead.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:25 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Go watch Sucker Punch instead.
I recently watched that for the first time recently.

That was something. There was criminally little character development. But goddamn at the end of it I gave a shit about all of them.

I’m not sure what they were getting at with the ending but it was a good film in which I fully expected to hate it.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:33 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I recently watched that for the first time recently.

That was something. There was criminally little character development. But goddamn at the end of it I gave a shit about all of them.

I’m not sure what they were getting at with the ending but it was a good film in which I fully expected to hate it.

I was being a smart ass but I really, really enjoyed that movie. I thought it was a fun idea to have simultaneous storylines going on, and I thought it was a cool way to show a broken mind dealing with trauma through escapism, and I thought all of the actors did a solid job of selling their characters. The over-the-top fantasy sequences were a blast, visually. Other than that I'm also a fan of movies that don't spoon feed stuff to the audience. I think you have to draw your own conclusions about the ending. I think it's up to you to interpret the art for yourself.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:38 AM 02-13-2020
I was being a smart ass but I really, really enjoyed that movie. I thought it was a fun idea to have simultaneous storylines going on, and I thought it was a cool way to show a broken mind dealing with trauma through escapism, and I thought all of the actors did a solid job of selling their characters. The over-the-top fantasy sequences were a blast, visually. Other than that I'm also a fan of movies that don't spoon feed stuff to the audience. I think you have to draw your own conclusions about the ending. I think it's up to you to interpret the art for yourself.
That's fair. I think I know what it was getting at - I'll put my thoughts in the spoiler - but yeah, I turned it on for some background noise and became really involved in it. I thought it was well done. And like I said, I expected to hate it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAGA45 08:13 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
All I know is Margot Robbie is the hottest woman on the planet now that Olivia Wilde is my age.
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
When was she not your age?
:-):-):-). ...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 AM 02-21-2020
It was a good popcorn movie. Robbie is legitimately one of the hottest women currently working in movies.
[Reply]
Fish 09:52 AM 03-25-2020
Finally watched this now that it's out on video. What a turd. Felt like an extended Black Mirror episode in some ways. Irrational and dumb. Robbie did OK, but not much help from the others. The Huntress was so awkward and terrible. Every time she opened her mouth it was just cringy. The plot was a complete mess. The bad guy was a goofball and never really felt intimidating regardless of what he did. Completely forgettable.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:07 PM 05-05-2020
So yeah hey......the new Harley Quinn cartoon on SyFy isn't exactly a call back to the old Saturday morning Superfriends, now is it? Haha, shiiiiiit…..
[Reply]
listopencil 10:32 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So yeah hey......the new Harley Quinn cartoon on SyFy isn't exactly a call back to the old Saturday morning Superfriends, now is it? Haha, shiiiiiit…..
Haven't seen it. I only gave the movie a chance because I liked Margot Robbie in the role.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:41 AM 05-06-2020
Haven't seen it. I only gave the movie a chance because I liked Margot Robbie in the role.
Same for the movie. The cartoon is voiced by Kaley Cuoco. Pretty good list of voice actors for the show. Definitely not a kids show.
[Reply]
JD10367 09:14 PM 05-08-2020
"Oh, cool. Stylistically this looks like the Batman and Superman stuff they were doing in the 90s. Lemme check this out."

::: two minutes in :::

"Holy shit, this stuff is full of swearing and violence... Cool!"
[Reply]
listopencil 12:39 AM 05-09-2020
I'll give it a shot although Cuoco annoys me.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:45 AM 05-09-2020
Couldn't make it through the first episode.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:42 AM 05-09-2020
Couldn't make it through the first episode.
It's just.....off.

I like seeing new stories for the characters, but the infusion of adult themes and language with the type of humor they're using needs work.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:53 PM 05-09-2020
It's just.....off.

I like seeing new stories for the characters, but the infusion of adult themes and language with the type of humor they're using needs work.
Yeah. It was pretty bad. In the five minutes or so I could stand they have the characters acting like High School kids and the dialogue/story geared towards Junior High School kids. And then they throw in an occasional 'fuck' or a severed limb/head...for edginess I guess. It's a mess.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up