ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes / Brady / Salvy
Dante84 11:11 AM 04-20-2021
Brady is the ****ing worst.

Salvy loses the SB bet:

Sometimes words speak louder than actions. https://t.co/abOakhptsc pic.twitter.com/3jotEP9osF

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) April 19, 2021

Brady trolls Mahomes:

Nahhh I think actions always speak louder than words 😉 https://t.co/OkilMGgwN5

— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) April 20, 2021

Mahomes responds:

I guess we will see in 20 years... 🤷🏽*♂️😎 https://t.co/CnndcM9ihj

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) April 20, 2021

[Reply]
Dartgod 08:56 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
You’re an idiot -
Surely you know better than that.

Your and idiot.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:03 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Surely you know better than that.

Your and idiot.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:51 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
This is a stupid take.

If Tom is insecure about him saying that mahomes is best, then mahomes is insecure about replying to bradys tweet in the first place where Tom talks about actions over words...

My god people. Just take a step back and breathe and see the irony in what you’re posting.

I bet if anything mahomes and Brady have a good rapport because they both know eachother are goats in their own time.
There’s a pretty big difference between Brady needlessly starting something out of the blue over a completely innocuous statement by Salvy on a Royals account (which had the effect of insulting Mahomes) and what Mahomes did.

Obviously Mahomes’ goal is to be seen as the best player of all time in the end (which is the only thing his tweet reveals and which we already know). What we didn’t know was how insecure Brady is over Mahomes, which is what his tweet revealed.

It’s amusing that after all that Brady has accomplished, he’s worried about some 3rd year player being compared to him. Speaks to how good Mahomes is though.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:05 PM 04-20-2021

https://t.co/PTQp8uA3pE pic.twitter.com/tRJbnbeE85

— Taylor Witt �� (@Taylor_Witt) April 20, 2021

[Reply]
Chieftain 12:25 AM 04-21-2021
What's impressive about the tweet is that Mahomes is aiming for the summit. He doesn't wanna just be a great QB. He is reaching for the summit and he sees Brady's success and that's what he is looking to match and even surpass. I don't think we have ever seen anything like this in sports. A player this young knowing and confidently saying he will be the greatest without a shred of fear.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:46 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
What's impressive about the tweet is that Mahomes is aiming for the summit. He doesn't wanna just be a great QB. He is reaching for the summit and he sees Brady's success and that's what he is looking to match and even surpass. I don't think we have ever seen anything like this in sports. A player this young knowing and confidently saying he will be the greatest without a shred of fear.
I'd say the closest comparable (in numerous ways) is LeBron James, but even he wasn't this bold in his early days.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:13 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:
Nah not the rings. I mean not just that. Right now Brady has the following on Mahomes:

More... Wins, 4th Quarter Comebacks, Game Winning Drives, Division Titles, Playoff Wins, Conference Championships, Superbowls, Pro Bowls, MVPs, Years leading the League in Passing Stats, Yards, Touchdowns, Records, you name it.

Whereas Mahomes has a better passer rating (which he came into the league during an era where QBs can't even be touched really, so he should), and far better "hero throws".

The thing about hero throws, is that you all know exactly what I'm talking about with them, and the Superbowl exemplified them - you run around for ages, scrambling as the play falls apart, and 'make something happen' backyard football style, making a throw no one else can make. And no one would ever dispute Mahomes can make plays there that Brady cannot make, and never could. But the way those plays typically end is the way they did too often in the Super Bowl - as incomplete passes despite the heroics.

Brady instead dissects defenses, meticulously plans and practices and works so that he doesn't have to make those hero throws, he can just make the right call and make the right throw right off the bat to get a high percentage option instead of a low percentage miracle throw, and that's why his team wins so much. It has way more to do with what he's accomplishing Monday through Saturday than what he does on Sunday. Though his physical talents, accuracy, and vision on the field are often absurdly underrated.

So yeah, numbers and accomplishments wise Brady right now holds ALL the cards, not just rings. We'll see how many of those Mahomes can claim before he's done. But it's not just about that. Mahomes can make absurd, near impossible, miraculous plays. But that's not inherently better than just getting the job done on schedule consistently and not needing to make those miracle plays, and the QB position is about more than off schedule heroics and arm talent.

Even if Mahomes makes a dent in Brady's absurd list of records, as it stands today I'd go with Brady if starting a franchise 10 times out of 10, because even more than unparalleled talent the attribute I'm looking for most out of a QB is the ability and willingness to do whatever it takes for his team to win, and more than any QB in history Brady has demonstrated he has that.

Just my 2 cents and opinion. And FWIW Barry the aptly named is a talentless, idiotic troll, just saying. How about he wins anything, ever, before he talks shit. Oh wait he'd never make it on the field, he's just a toolbag.
Give Brady the offensive line Mahomes had in the Super Bowl and you wouldn't be talking in this thread or anywhere on Chiefs Planet but under a rock. Even if we had Eric Fisher that game would have been up for grabs and we still would have had the refs to contend with but it would have been a far better game. You had the perfect storm to beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady has had the luxury of a healthy line most of his career that kept him upright. Tom Brady was flailing balls ten feet over his WRs head and rewarded with PI so that's what I took away from the game is that TB didn't do anything special but the Bucs have been rewarded the most PI team since they have Tom Brady. Go figure :-)

Actually the Bucs did do something special they abused the Chiefs offensive line that was made up of 2nd and 3rd string not one starter on the offensive line. You can dissect defenses all day long but if the line doesn't do their job or any one else fails to do their job the play breaks down and even Tom Brady wouldn't have gotten plays off so fuck your narrative.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 08:41 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
There’s a pretty big difference between Brady needlessly starting something out of the blue over a completely innocuous statement by Salvy on a Royals account (which had the effect of insulting Mahomes) and what Mahomes did.

Obviously Mahomes’ goal is to be seen as the best player of all time in the end (which is the only thing his tweet reveals and which we already know). What we didn’t know was how insecure Brady is over Mahomes, which is what his tweet revealed.

It’s amusing that after all that Brady has accomplished, he’s worried about some 3rd year player being compared to him. Speaks to how good Mahomes is though.

I don’t get how it’s Brady starting something out of the blue??

The guy is wearing a Brady jersey and the royals if anything took a shot at Brady with their tweet saying words speak louder than actions..

All I see is Brady responding in fun and mahomes responding in fun. I think the hate for Brady here has people reading way deeper into this than what it really is..
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 04-21-2021

The guy is wearing a Brady jersey and the royals if anything took a shot at Brady with their tweet saying words speak louder than actions..

All I see is Brady responding in fun and mahomes responding in fun. I think the hate for Brady here has people reading way deeper into this than what it really is..
Yeah, this is harmless.

My hate for Brady stems from something far, far different and far removed from the football field.

[Reply]
Lzen 08:49 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:
....Mahomes has a better passer rating (which he came into the league during an era where QBs can't even be touched really, so he should).....

GTFO! Brady has been protected by the refs since early in his career. Hell, he still gets better protection than Mahomes despite Patrick being the new face of the league.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:02 AM 04-21-2021

Because this was a harmless back and forth between Salvy and Mav (Bret Phillips) about a bet they had made on the Super Bowl. Had nothing to do with Brady and Mahomes. Salvy lost the bet and had to wear the Bucs Brady jersey and since he KNEW it would be posted on social media (it was recorded), he shouted out to Mahomes, who is part owner of the team. Literally had nothing to do with the football playing abilities of Mahomes or Brady.

But Brady saw it and apparently felt 'dissed' in some regard, so made the snarky comment (that had NOTHING to do with him), despite being the guy that WON the game, the MVP, has now 7 rings and numerous other hardware, yet still felt insecure enough towards Mahomes to take an unwarranted shot at him. Pat saw it and responded.

A lot of the Brady hate IS unwarranted, you're right, but here he was acting like an insecure petty child, despite all his ridiculous success he has had, including just beating Mahomes and the Chiefs in the Bowl. It's a bad look for him.

He was being a cunt. Plain and simple. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:20 AM 04-21-2021
This thread title pisses me off every time I see it. That cheating piece of shit doesn’t belong on the same line as Mahomes and Salvy.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:23 AM 04-21-2021
Brady feels empty inside because he knows he is a fraud. The end( fill it with meth).
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:44 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
This thread title pisses me off every time I see it. That cheating piece of shit doesn’t belong on the same line as Mahomes and Salvy.
Whether or not Mahomes will ever pass Brady up in accomplishments, who knows?

But Mahomes (and Salvy) will ALWAYS have a title that they EARNED with no asterisks by it whatsoever. History will remember them as winners without blemish. There will never be this 'what if' or 'i don't know' with either of them that will ALWAYS be associated with Brady, no matter what he does for the rest of his life. He will ALWAYS be associated with the cheating scumbag Patriots and that will always taint his legacy to some degree . . . . . . .

You're right, Tom . . . . . sometimes actions DO speak louder than words.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up