ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes / Brady / Salvy
Dante84 11:11 AM 04-20-2021
Brady is the ****ing worst.

Salvy loses the SB bet:

Sometimes words speak louder than actions. https://t.co/abOakhptsc pic.twitter.com/3jotEP9osF

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) April 19, 2021

Brady trolls Mahomes:

Nahhh I think actions always speak louder than words 😉 https://t.co/OkilMGgwN5

— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) April 20, 2021

Mahomes responds:

I guess we will see in 20 years... 🤷🏽*♂️😎 https://t.co/CnndcM9ihj

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) April 20, 2021

[Reply]
eDave 02:15 PM 04-20-2021
Holy shit, Barry.

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:25 PM 04-20-2021
Cooper Barrett > Brady
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:44 PM 04-20-2021
I don't really care about revenge at this point.

The perfect end to Tom Brady's career is him doing interviews before the Thursday opener. He's full of himself. Says shit like, "Hey Tampa fans, this ring is nice, but it's not my favorite. My favorite is the next one." And Suzy Kolber or whoever asks, "So how long are you going to play, Tom? Is this year it?" And he flashes that million dollar pedophile smile and says, "I feel great. I really do. I feel like I'm 20. At this rate, I could play until I'm 50!"

He struggles in the first half. Arians doesn't give him the greatest gameplan. It's a KC Week 1 against New England-style beatdown post-Super Bowl. Then in the 3rd quarter, he drops back, and a defender gets in his face. Brady doesn't even get touched. He crumples to the ground. His 45-year old joints just don't work the same way they used to, and what was a routine dropback for him now cripples him through his spine. He crumples to the ground in pain. After they scrape him off the field with a giant spatula and put him on the cart, the rest of the game is spent speculating on whether or not he comes back this season or at all.

He doesn't come back that year. The Bucs do just fine without him, winning enough games to take the division. Over the offseason after endless speculation, his career ends with a whimper as he announces his retirement.

That's how I want it all to end. With a giant sour fart.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:49 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I hate to say this, but I don't see a way Mahomes can ever surpass Brady now that he's lost twice to him in the playoffs. Brady clearly doesn't look great. Like I think any Top 20 QB could have won the Super Bowl on the Bucs if replaced Brady, but that won't change perception and the facts.

Mahomes would have to win like 10 titles. I just don't see how that happens.
Who even cares about the average person's perception. Are people really going to get their feelings hurt if some yahoo on the street or on ESPN still refers to Brady as the GOAT in 20 years?

There's no doubt that NFL QBs get far too much credit for championships. Bill Russell won like 11 NBA titles and literally no one thinks he's even close to the GOAT. It should probably be equal parts credit to QB, defense and coaching staff. But it is what it is.

That said, even though it's going to be tough for Mahomes/KC to reach 7 SBs, I don't think that's necessary for him to be considered the GOAT by many. If he ends up with, say, 5 and a bunch of AFCC/SB appearances, and his numbers blow Brady's out of the water (to go with two decades of physical feats that Brady couldn't dream of doing), I'm pretty sure that most will acknowledge that he was the better player.

The only question that really matters is: If you had to start an NFL franchise today, would you draft Mahomes or young Brady? And I think we know almost everyone's answer to that question. And the dude isn't even in his prime yet.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:00 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
BS, man.

That's like saying Bird will always be a better basketball player than Jordan because Jordan never beat Bird.

There aren't a lot of folks in Bird's corner on this argument.
Again, not what I'm saying. This is what 90% of the people will say. And Jordan Bird is different because it wasn't the deciding factor. Bird never won 6 NBA titles. The Bill Russell has 11 titles and isn't considered the greatest player of all time either isn't the same. He wasn't the best player even on most of those teams.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:04 PM 04-20-2021
In 20 years Brady will be old enough to actually need to purchase a 2nd bottle of worcestershire sauce
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:36 PM 04-20-2021
Again, not what I'm saying. This is what 90% of the people will say. And Jordan Bird is different because it wasn't the deciding factor. Bird never won 6 NBA titles. The Bill Russell has 11 titles and isn't considered the greatest player of all time either isn't the same. He wasn't the best player even on most of those teams.
90% of people aren't going to make that argument :-)

"Well, Mahomes can't be Jordan because Jordan won 6 rings, but uhhh... we can't go Bill Russell either because..."

Mahomes plays until 40. Wins 4-5 rings. And consistently does the type of production he's been doing. He'll surpass Brady in stats AND in being really fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:43 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The boys he molested are big enough now to destroy him. He stays indoors.
Bitter much?
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 03:49 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Brady fans will always point at the rings, and if Mahomes gets more, will point to other things like level of talent, winning in both conference, beating Mahomes, etc.

Mahomes fans will always point to the raw talent and athletic ability, and hopefully one day to a comparable number of rings.

Everyone else will debate forever with no clear consensus while Tony Kornheiser votes for Dan Marino or some bullshit.

The End, thank you for attending my TED talk on who's the best QB ever.
Nah not the rings. I mean not just that. Right now Brady has the following on Mahomes:

More... Wins, 4th Quarter Comebacks, Game Winning Drives, Division Titles, Playoff Wins, Conference Championships, Superbowls, Pro Bowls, MVPs, Years leading the League in Passing Stats, Yards, Touchdowns, Records, you name it.

Whereas Mahomes has a better passer rating (which he came into the league during an era where QBs can't even be touched really, so he should), and far better "hero throws".

The thing about hero throws, is that you all know exactly what I'm talking about with them, and the Superbowl exemplified them - you run around for ages, scrambling as the play falls apart, and 'make something happen' backyard football style, making a throw no one else can make. And no one would ever dispute Mahomes can make plays there that Brady cannot make, and never could. But the way those plays typically end is the way they did too often in the Super Bowl - as incomplete passes despite the heroics.

Brady instead dissects defenses, meticulously plans and practices and works so that he doesn't have to make those hero throws, he can just make the right call and make the right throw right off the bat to get a high percentage option instead of a low percentage miracle throw, and that's why his team wins so much. It has way more to do with what he's accomplishing Monday through Saturday than what he does on Sunday. Though his physical talents, accuracy, and vision on the field are often absurdly underrated.

So yeah, numbers and accomplishments wise Brady right now holds ALL the cards, not just rings. We'll see how many of those Mahomes can claim before he's done. But it's not just about that. Mahomes can make absurd, near impossible, miraculous plays. But that's not inherently better than just getting the job done on schedule consistently and not needing to make those miracle plays, and the QB position is about more than off schedule heroics and arm talent.

Even if Mahomes makes a dent in Brady's absurd list of records, as it stands today I'd go with Brady if starting a franchise 10 times out of 10, because even more than unparalleled talent the attribute I'm looking for most out of a QB is the ability and willingness to do whatever it takes for his team to win, and more than any QB in history Brady has demonstrated he has that.

Just my 2 cents and opinion. And FWIW Barry the aptly named is a talentless, idiotic troll, just saying. How about he wins anything, ever, before he talks shit. Oh wait he'd never make it on the field, he's just a toolbag.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:52 PM 04-20-2021
"Whereas Mahomes has a better passer rating (which he came into the league during an era where QBs can't even be touched really, so he should), and far better "hero throws"." :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:56 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:
Nah not the rings. I mean not just that. Right now Brady has the following on Mahomes:

More... Wins, 4th Quarter Comebacks, Game Winning Drives, Division Titles, Playoff Wins, Conference Championships, Superbowls, Pro Bowls, MVPs, Years leading the League in Passing Stats, Yards, Touchdowns, Records, you name it.

Whereas Mahomes has a better passer rating (which he came into the league during an era where QBs can't even be touched really, so he should), and far better "hero throws".

The thing about hero throws, is that you all know exactly what I'm talking about with them, and the Superbowl exemplified them - you run around for ages, scrambling as the play falls apart, and 'make something happen' backyard football style, making a throw no one else can make. And no one would ever dispute Mahomes can make plays there that Brady cannot make, and never could. But the way those plays typically end is the way they did too often in the Super Bowl - as incomplete passes despite the heroics.

Brady instead dissects defenses, meticulously plans and practices and works so that he doesn't have to make those hero throws, he can just make the right call and make the right throw right off the bat to get a high percentage option instead of a low percentage miracle throw, and that's why his team wins so much. It has way more to do with what he's accomplishing Monday through Saturday than what he does on Sunday. Though his physical talents, accuracy, and vision on the field are often absurdly underrated.

So yeah, numbers and accomplishments wise Brady right now holds ALL the cards, not just rings. We'll see how many of those Mahomes can claim before he's done. But it's not just about that. Mahomes can make absurd, near impossible, miraculous plays. But that's not inherently better than just getting the job done on schedule consistently and not needing to make those miracle plays, and the QB position is about more than off schedule heroics and arm talent.

Even if Mahomes makes a dent in Brady's absurd list of records, as it stands today I'd go with Brady if starting a franchise 10 times out of 10, because even more than unparalleled talent the attribute I'm looking for most out of a QB is the ability and willingness to do whatever it takes for his team to win, and more than any QB in history Brady has demonstrated he has that.

Just my 2 cents and opinion. And FWIW Barry the aptly named is a talentless, idiotic troll, just saying. How about he wins anything, ever, before he talks shit. Oh wait he'd never make it on the field, he's just a toolbag.

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:56 PM 04-20-2021
Barry still doin' the Lord's work I see.
His name is priceless Barry McCockinher
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:09 PM 04-20-2021
Thanks for proving my point with one of the most ignorant Mahomes takes I've ever read.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:25 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Bitter much?
Did you miss a prescription dose today?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:40 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:

You're a moron.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up