ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Are you willing to trade up in the first for an LT?
ntexascardfan 02:45 PM 03-16-2021
If so, how much draft capitol are you willing to give up for them and who do you want?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:24 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I don't expect there to be any OL at 31 that merit the pick, so I would prefer to trade down and pick up extra picks between 40-95.

40s/ 50s: Humphrey
60s/ 70s: Little/ Myers
80s/ 90s: Meinerz and maybe (D'Ante) Smith

Little/ Meinerz sounds good to me because we would get to spend our earliest pick on something other than OL. But really, any combination of one OC, one OT out of that bunch would be great, IMO.

*Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert, nor have any special knowledge. Draftabulator, I am not.
Interesting, Jags might be a good target for a trade down.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:37 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
For Cosmi?

His stock is going to creep up after putting up a top 20 athletic profile for LT in the history of them tracking it.

But yeah, being able to get him at 31 would be GREAT.
I have no opinion on the guy, but it will be interesting to see if ESPN changes their projection for him. Currently, they have him at #84.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
What if you didnt have to trade next years first and he was available at 31?

Now are you good?
He won't be. His workouts were off the charts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
One of the two out Slater and Darrisaw could hit the #15 -20 demarcation.
With the Chargers and Vikings picking 13th and 14th, I highly doubt they make it that far.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:18 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
With the Chargers and Vikings picking 13th and 14th, I highly doubt they make it that far.
My understanding is that Ezra Cleveland might possibly be slotted in at left tackle in place of Reiff, is that not the case?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:24 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
My understanding is that Ezra Cleveland might possibly be slotted in at left tackle in place of Reiff, is that not the case?
That’s what I’ve heard. Vikings need DEs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 AM 03-24-2021
One thing to keep in mind-

If you'd take a guy happily at #40, then you'd take him happily at #31. It's nine fucking spots. Real life isn't Madden, or a mock sim where you know that guy is there at 40 because the simulator always has him there. Actual human drafts are a whole lot more volatile.

If the guy you want is there, you take him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
One thing to keep in mind-

If you'd take a guy happily at #40, then you'd take him happily at #31. It's nine fucking spots. Real life isn't Madden, or a mock sim where you know that guy is there at 40 because the simulator always has him there. Actual human drafts are a whole lot more volatile.

If the guy you want is there, you take him.
As of right now, I'm taking Walker Little at #31.

He's a prototypical left tackle whose only question mark is the injury and opt out. He has the ability to start Day 1, just needs reps to work out the kinks, and will likely drop to 31 because the aforementioned issues.

My second option would be to trade up into the low 20's to take Cosmi if he falls.

Otherwise, I'm going BPA at 31 and letting the chips fall where they may.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:47 AM 03-24-2021
Seems like OT is pretty deep in this draft, feels like we'll still have several options at 31.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:15 PM 03-24-2021
As of right now, I'm taking Walker Little at #31.

He's a prototypical left tackle whose only question mark is the injury and opt out. He has the ability to start Day 1, just needs reps to work out the kinks, and will likely drop to 31 because the aforementioned issues.

My second option would be to trade up into the low 20's to take Cosmi if he falls.

Otherwise, I'm going BPA at 31 and letting the chips fall where they may.
So to do so, what would we have to give up in picks to do this?
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:56 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
So to do so, what would we have to give up in picks to do this?
#31, #94 (3rd), and #144 (second 4th) might get us #22 (TEN) or #23 (NYJ) according to the points system. Alternatively, #31 + next year's 2nd might get us there as well.

That would then leave us with a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th, and 6th.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
#31, #94 (3rd), and #144 (second 4th) might get us #22 (TEN) or #23 (NYJ) according to the points system. Alternatively, #31 + next year's 2nd might get us there as well.

That would then leave us with a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th, and 6th.
Yep.

For a guy like Cosmi, it's worth the cost IMO.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 AM 03-25-2021
Yep.

For a guy like Cosmi, it's worth the cost IMO.
I don't know, man.

I'd rather have Little and all those picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know, man.

I'd rather have Little and all those picks.
I would too. That my 1a.

Trading up for Cosmi is my 1b.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 11:20 AM 03-25-2021
Excited to see how the draft plays out. I’ve become more comfortable with the prospect of addressing LT via the draft the last few weeks. There are prospects I really like that should be available at #31 or #63... but also some prospects that I love that could be snagged by trading up. There are a lot of scenarios that I will be very happy with.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up