ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 12-03-2019
New teaser

@MarvelStudios: "I’m done running from my past." Watch the new teaser trailer for Marvel Studios’ #BlackWidow. In theaters May 1, 2020.

https://youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 AM 12-03-2019
Full trailer is out too.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 AM 12-03-2019
Supposedly has fight choreographers from Winter Soldier, which are my favorite fight scenes in the MCU.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 12-03-2019
They must have given her a LOT of money. Or she was already under contract.

Because what the hell benefit is there to Scarlett Johansson doing a movie on a brief interim period in the life of a character who we know is dead?

I mean...why? This isn't even a prequel where some unheralded actress gets her big break trading on Marvel's reputation/fame. This is an established star essentially spinning her wheels playing a part with an arc that we already know the end of.

I guess I understand why people would watch it - it looks like fine summer popcorn fare with some cool action pieces. And if people will watch Ant-Man (with a character who's arc they certainly never cared about), then I suspect they'll watch this as well.

I just don't understand why Johansson would DO it. Apart from a really big check...
[Reply]
bowener 09:20 AM 12-03-2019
The trailer had me bored. How many cliche and tired lines did they use? The action looks like it will be well done, but I've stopped caring about her character for a while now. It's too bad they couldn't make this 5-6 years ago. Who was the turd that wouldn't let them make Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and others?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:14 AM 12-03-2019
I'll still go see it, I'm digging the white outfit she's in, and David Harbour looks like he'll be entertaining in this film, more so than in Hellboy, which wouldn't be too hard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
The trailer had me bored. How many cliche and tired lines did they use? The action looks like it will be well done, but I've stopped caring about her character for a while now. It's too bad they couldn't make this 5-6 years ago. Who was the turd that wouldn't let them make Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and others?
"I'm done running from my past..."

Oops. Maybe should've stuck with your original plan.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:31 AM 12-03-2019
The saturation in this is starting to get very painful.

“Nothing lasts forever.”

Disney: hold my beer
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They must have given her a LOT of money. Or she was already under contract.

Because what the hell benefit is there to Scarlett Johansson doing a movie on a brief interim period in the life of a character who we know is dead?

I mean...why? This isn't even a prequel where some unheralded actress gets her big break trading on Marvel's reputation/fame. This is an established star essentially spinning her wheels playing a part with an arc that we already know the end of.

I guess I understand why people would watch it - it looks like fine summer popcorn fare with some cool action pieces. And if people will watch Ant-Man (with a character who's arc they certainly never cared about), then I suspect they'll watch this as well.

I just don't understand why Johansson would DO it. Apart from a really big check...
I'm guessing the money is good, but also maybe the career opportunity from carrying a movie. There also seems to be an element of these actors LIKING doing these movies. Hemsworth re-signed for a bunch more movies, and every interview with Ruffalo sounds like he can't wait to be Hulk some more. RDJ hasn't ruled out cameos and even Evans has walked back the I'm done forever lines some.

Perhaps the bigger "but why?" actor is Cumberbatch. That dude is SO good at fucking everything why the hell would he sign on to a comic book movie? Dude is a can't miss in terms of talent, and it doesn't even really get a chance to be seen with all the special effects and shit.

Pure speculation on my part: I'm guessing in Hollywood there is a certain level of prestige by being involved in something so ridiculously successful. That and it's kind of a can't miss thing. Odds are poor that a MCU film will bomb, so you don't have to worry as much about tarnishing your legacy by some hiccup outside of your control.

OR

It could be the money Link

Originally Posted by :
Scarlett Johansson, who has appeared in six movies as Black Widow, is finally landing a $15 million payday for an upcoming stand-alone film centered on the Marvel superheroine, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Originally Posted by bowener:
Most of the voice over is from other movies. I'm not sure why they went that route other than to not spoil too much of the movie. But yeah, it sounds a hell of a lot like IW and Endgame trailers.

This dude decodes the dork pretty well and does a good job of pulling information out of the trailer. But he walks through where the voiceovers come from.

[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 12-03-2019
Yeah, this was one that should have been made before you, you know, kill her off.

Oh well, it'll still make money i'm sure.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, this was one that should have been made before you, you know, kill her off.

Oh well, it'll still make money i'm sure.
Yeah, that's a bit of a head scratcher.

But there's really no limit to how much tight-leather-clad Scarlett Johanssen I can have in my life, so who cares?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:20 AM 12-03-2019
Because people will watch this garbage and she got a big payday. What is there not to understand???

It's yet another cheap money grab...
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:03 PM 12-03-2019
Rachel Weisz in spandex you say? Sign me up.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:20 PM 12-03-2019
LOOKS SO SEXY IN WHITE
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:28 PM 12-03-2019
This is all to set-up the next Black Widow
[Reply]
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Up