ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Media Center>Chernobyl
Frazod 09:08 PM 05-06-2019
Just finished the first episode; I guess I'll be keeping HBO a bit longer after Game of Thrones ends.

It is fascinating, horrifying and infuriating. And spellbinding.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:37 PM 04-07-2021
This was such a fantastically produced, acted and directed TV show. Some of the best TV ever done.

And of all the horrible things to happen to human beings in the series, shooting the dogs was as gut wrenching as anything else in the series.
[Reply]
eDave 11:10 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This was such a fantastically produced, acted and directed TV show. Some of the best TV ever done.

And of all the horrible things to happen to human beings in the series, shooting the dogs was as gut wrenching as anything else in the series.
Shit you don't ever think about does happen. That stuff was so impactful.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:18 AM 04-08-2021

Immediately prior to the onset of World War II, the British government recommended that people who owned pets have them put down, fearing that in the event of food rationing, pet owners would either share their meager rations with their pets or simply let them starve. It is estimated that over 750,000 pets were killed between 1939 and 1940. For obvious reasons this isn't talked about much.
[Reply]
eDave 01:19 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Immediately prior to the onset of World War II, the British government recommended that people who owned pets have them put down, fearing that in the event of food rationing, pet owners would either share their meager rations with their pets or simply let them starve. It is estimated that over 750,000 pets were killed between 1939 and 1940. For obvious reasons this isn't talked about much.
Fuck.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:12 PM 04-08-2021
I thought you were going to say it was feared that people would start to eat their pets...
[Reply]
Frazod 01:20 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I thought you were going to say it was feared that people would start to eat their pets...
That was probably a factor as well. Frankly, it's not something I care to delve too deeply into.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 04-08-2021
During the Depression, my great grandpa and his friend would take rabbits from their hunting trips to the farmer's market in Des Moines and sell them. They sold more than a few feral cats - people couldn't afford to feed them so they just turned them loose and apparently they became a real nuisance.

Of course, they had to stop selling them when the folks in Des Moines forced them to leave one of the feet on to be sure it was actually a rabbit.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:34 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
During the Depression, my great grandpa and his friend would take rabbits from their hunting trips to the farmer's market in Des Moines and sell them. They sold more than a few feral cats - people couldn't afford to feed them so they just turned them loose and apparently they became a real nuisance.

Of course, they had to stop selling them when the folks in Des Moines forced them to leave one of the feet on to be sure it was actually a rabbit.
A stray dog showed up at my grandma's farm once when I was a kid. It had clearly been abandoned; it was very friendly. Grandma didn't want to feed it, though, and it tended to eat all the food she put out for our dog, which was older and lame. After failing to shoo it away, she finally told my uncle to get rid of it. He grabbed a shotgun and headed out toward the field. The dog, thinking they were going hunting, happily, and foolishly, followed. The shot rang out about ten minutes later.

I don't think I could do that, although my uncle certainly didn't seem to give a shit.
[Reply]
notorious 05:47 PM 04-08-2021
This is the best show I've seen in years.

Probably in my top 10 shows ever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
This is the best show I've seen in years.

Probably in my top 10 shows ever.
I rewatched it since this thread got bumped. Held up very well. I’d say it’s in my top 10 TV shows ever too.

For the new viewers, the accompanying podcast that discusses the real parts of each episode is worth a listen too.
[Reply]
notorious 08:02 PM 04-08-2021
I rewatched it since this thread got bumped. Held up very well. I’d say it’s in my top 10 TV shows ever too.

For the new viewers, the accompanying podcast that discusses the real parts of each episode is worth a listen too.
Yep, I listened to them right after the show.

Fantastic stuff.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 PM 04-08-2021
A stray dog showed up at my grandma's farm once when I was a kid. It had clearly been abandoned; it was very friendly. Grandma didn't want to feed it, though, and it tended to eat all the food she put out for our dog, which was older and lame. After failing to shoo it away, she finally told my uncle to get rid of it. He grabbed a shotgun and headed out toward the field. The dog, thinking they were going hunting, happily, and foolishly, followed. The shot rang out about ten minutes later.

I don't think I could do that, although my uncle certainly didn't seem to give a shit.
my brother in Missouri shot puppies instead of getting the dog fixed about 30 years ago.
[Reply]
notorious 08:44 PM 04-08-2021
my brother in Missouri shot puppies instead of getting the dog fixed about 30 years ago.
JFC
[Reply]
eDave 08:46 PM 04-08-2021
Worst BRC flex ever.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:47 PM 08-24-2021
Borrowed this from a friend and watched the first one last night, gonna do a couple more tonight

Just an absolute horror show, wow those guys in charge reeeally messed up attempting the cover up… I expect most of them will be dead by the end of the night

Don’t know the actors name, but the guy at the very beginning telling his story to a tape recorder is an OUTSTANDING actor, watched him in a very good AMC series about a British expedition to the arctic that failed miserably

Only one complaint, simply don’t care for everyone using British accents… these people are pro actors, at least give me Russian accents
[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up