ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 03-08-2018
There are so many new Star Wars projects that are being announced that I figured it was time to start a thread. I'll update accordingly.

---

Today, it was announced that Jon Favreau will Executive Produce and Write a new Star Wars Live Action series set for Disney's new Streaming Service.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

March 8, 2018

JON FAVREAU TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE AND WRITE LIVE-ACTION STAR WARS SERIES. THE DIRECTOR OF IRON MAN AND THE JUNGLE BOOK WILL HELM THE SERIES FOR DISNEY’S NEW DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER PLATFORM.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

----

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

ILMS // FEBRUARY 6, 2018

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

-----
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

LUCASFILM // NOVEMBER 9, 2017

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:54 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't know anything about the upcoming story just yet. They hired several different writers for the Film version, all of which were discarded in favor of a Disney+ TV series, then dumped all of those scripts once The Mandalorian began airing because the overall theme of the series was too similar (instead of The Mando protecting Grogu, it was Obi Wan protecting Luke).

I don't think they should concern themselves with what was said in A New Hope. There was an implication that Vader and Obi Wan hadn't seen each other in quite some time but whether that was 20 years or 10 years (which is when the series is reportedly set) or even 5 years, they should just go with whatever makes the story work.

One line of dialog that they'll never get past is that Obi Wan states "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic... before the dark times... before the Empire", which was contradicted by Palpatine when he said "I will not allow this Republic, which has stood for 1,000 years...".

I just want a great story and hope we see at least one lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader, regardless of that dialog. They could pull the old "From a certain point of view" to make up for the time that had passed between their last encounter and their most recent encounter.
Honestly the only bit of dialogue that would be upset by them facing in that time period would be at the beginning of the lightsaber battle, Vader references the fact that the last time they fought he was a learner & now he (Vader) is the master.

However given that in the prequels they made Anakin a member of the council & he had taken an apprentice in the clone wars series. So it's hard to argue that Anakin was still just a learner when he fought Obi Wan as he was already considered a Jedi master, had already taken an apprentice & was on the council.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:18 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Load of shit. Kylo was the only good thing about the sequels. Way better than Hayden's shit-tier prequels.
He sucked balls. An emo toddler with force powers. He was as bad a villain as Nero in Star Trek.

Again, I don't blame the actor. He was the victim of bad stories and bad directing.

I pretty much hate VII through IX as much as I do I through III. They're all bad movies. The only good, truly enjoyable Star Wars movies made since the 80s are Rogue One and Solo.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:21 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He sucked balls. An emo toddler with force powers. He was as bad a villain as Nero in Star Trek.

Again, I don't blame the actor. He was the victim of bad stories and bad directing.

I pretty much hate VII through IX as much as I do I through III. They're all bad movies. The only good, truly enjoyable Star Wars movies made since the 80s are Rogue One and Solo.
Exactly.

There was nothing "cool" or "calculating" about Kylo Ren.

He continually acted like a spoiled child and had zero control of his emotions. His "redemption" was about as a dumb as possible.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:54 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Honestly the only bit of dialogue that would be upset by them facing in that time period would be at the beginning of the lightsaber battle, Vader references the fact that the last time they fought he was a learner & now he (Vader) is the master.

However given that in the prequels they made Anakin a member of the council & he had taken an apprentice in the clone wars series. So it's hard to argue that Anakin was still just a learner when he fought Obi Wan as he was already considered a Jedi master, had already taken an apprentice & was on the council.
He would have been just a learner in the ways of the Sith.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 12-14-2020
That's what he was SUPPOSED to be.

He was never supposed to be Darth Vader.

Kylo was a believable character. Anakin was complete trash.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 PM 12-14-2020
Exactly.

There was nothing "cool" or "calculating" about Kylo Ren.

He continually acted like a spoiled child and had zero control of his emotions. His "redemption" was about as a dumb as possible.
It's really amazing how badly Jar Jar Abrams bumbled Star Wars and Star Trek. I've learned to hate that fucker the same way I do David Lynch.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:19 PM 12-14-2020
That's what he was SUPPOSED to be.

He was never supposed to be Darth Vader.

He was a punk ass bitch. I guess that's believable. Lord knows there's no shortage of punk ass bitches in the world. Doesn't change the fact that he was an absolutely awful villain.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 12-14-2020
He was a punk ass bitch. I guess that's believable. Lord knows there's no shortage of punk ass bitches in the world. Doesn't change the fact that he was an absolutely awful villain.
That's the thing though - he was never intended to be.

He was intended to be a problem child.

It was a well executed character, both in terms of writing and acting, and the only reason to watch any of those stupid movies.

I can't say the same for Anakin at any point, except in the Clone Wars cartoon.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:28 PM 12-14-2020
That's the thing though - he was never intended to be.

He was intended to be a problem child.

It was a well executed character, both in terms of writing and acting, and the only reason to watch any of those stupid movies.

I can't say the same for Anakin at any point, except in the Clone Wars cartoon.
And that goes back to Jar Jar Abrams.

VII was basically a rehashing of the original movie with a whiny child as the bad guy, a girl as Luke, and Han Solo as Kenobi. There is NO reason to it. And sadly it's the best of the three.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:59 PM 12-14-2020
133 episodes of The Clone Wars animated series disagrees.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:25 PM 12-14-2020
IMO this is the best thing Kylo Ren ever did.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:26 PM 12-14-2020
133 episodes of The Clone Wars animated series disagrees.
He was fine in the Clone Wars.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:43 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
IMO this is the best thing Kylo Ren ever did.

I was just thinking about this earlier. 100% agree.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:54 PM 12-16-2020
This should have been in the movie...

The Rise of Skywalker concept art featuring Darth Malak, Revan, and Nihilus pic.twitter.com/psUZuTfdJT

— Star Wars Holocron (@sw_holocron) December 17, 2020

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:59 PM 12-17-2020
And that goes back to Jar Jar Abrams.

VII was basically a rehashing of the original movie with a whiny child as the bad guy, a girl as Luke, and Han Solo as Kenobi. There is NO reason to it. And sadly it's the best of the three.
At least it actually felt like a SW movie, even if they had to plagiarize IV to do it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up