ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 03-08-2018
There are so many new Star Wars projects that are being announced that I figured it was time to start a thread. I'll update accordingly.

---

Today, it was announced that Jon Favreau will Executive Produce and Write a new Star Wars Live Action series set for Disney's new Streaming Service.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

March 8, 2018

JON FAVREAU TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE AND WRITE LIVE-ACTION STAR WARS SERIES. THE DIRECTOR OF IRON MAN AND THE JUNGLE BOOK WILL HELM THE SERIES FOR DISNEY’S NEW DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER PLATFORM.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

----

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

ILMS // FEBRUARY 6, 2018

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

-----
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

LUCASFILM // NOVEMBER 9, 2017

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
[Reply]
eDave 12:38 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
One of these actors is not like the others.....
11 actors and Hayden Christensen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:29 PM 03-31-2021
hayden is going to redeem himself
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:47 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Looking forward to this
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:30 PM 03-31-2021

[Reply]
eDave 03:47 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hayden is going to redeem himself
That would be great to see and great for him. I bet you are right, depending on the writing.
[Reply]
Fish 06:28 PM 03-31-2021
That trailer is badass.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:54 PM 03-31-2021
Looks promising.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:18 AM 04-08-2021
Also holy fuck, the Bad Batch literally looks like Star Wars A-Team

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:40 PM 05-03-2021
The Bad Batch premieres tomorrow, May 4th, with another episode airing on Friday, its normal release day.

The series will have "at least" 16 episodes and they're hoping it'll do well enough for a Season 2.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:48 AM 05-04-2021
Today is Star Wars day? Didn't know there was such a thing.

[Reply]
unlurking 06:19 PM 05-04-2021
I enjoyed the first episode. Feels kind of like their setting up for a Star Wars version of the A-Team. Interesting to see the beginning of Kanan's origin story.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 AM 05-05-2021
The visuals just continue to impress and the show was much better and darker than expected.

Seeing so many known characters in the first episode was a bit surprising and now, I won’t be surprised if Vader shows up in the series, which would be awesome.
[Reply]
Fish 01:20 AM 05-05-2021
Yeah, the Caleb intro was pretty cool. Love how they're tying it all together.

Definite Clone Wars / Rebels vibe. Which is a good thing.
[Reply]
bowener 11:25 AM 05-05-2021
It was weird for me to hear the adult Kanan Jarrus/deep voice of Freddie Prinze Jr coming out of preteen Caleb Dume's mouth.

The episode was cool. I'm curious where Omega goes, and if her storyline will grow for several seasons in a similar fashion to how Ahsoka was handled. Without looking for spoilers I am intrigued to see whose DNA she was cloned from. I really hope it is not Palpatine...
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:42 AM 05-06-2021
So, I watched the first 30 mins with my son, never had watched the Clone Wars, and seeing this play out from their perspective was immensely enjoyable. Dare I say this might be the best "Star Wars" thing I have seen since Episode 7.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up