Page 18 of 50
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
007 11:07 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I am the .0001 percent (or was)! :-)
I liked Man of Steel, BvS UE, and LaLa Land. Does that up it to .0003?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:18 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I liked Man of Steel, BvS UE, and LaLa Land. Does that up it to .0003?
You’re not a “Critic”.

:-)
[Reply]
007 11:21 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You’re not a “Critic”.

:-)
I generally only compare a critic score to an audience score. If the critics hate it and the audience loves it, I know I will enjoy the movie. Its very rare that I agree with todays critics. Now, back in the 80's I generally trusted them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:43 PM 11-20-2017
I generally only compare a critic score to an audience score. If the critics hate it and the audience loves it, I know I will enjoy the movie. Its very rare that I agree with todays critics. Now, back in the 80's I generally trusted them.
Man, I just watch movies when time permits (which is extremely rare) and either like what I see or not.

I’d been excited to watch Denis Villanueva’s Arrival for nearly a year.

It’s taken three different attempts and I just don’t like it.

Yet, critics loved it.
[Reply]
007 12:06 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Man, I just watch movies when time permits (which is extremely rare) and either like what I see or not.

I’d been excited to watch Denis Villanueva’s Arrival for nearly a year.

It’s taken three different attempts and I just don’t like it.

Yet, critics loved it.
Yeah, I thought that movie was pure crap. It was hard to even stay interested.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:08 AM 11-21-2017
Just got back from the late show.

Thought it was every bit as good as any Marvel Movie that does not have the word Guardians in the title.

The story was not the strongest, but it was just as good as Ragnarok, which no one seems to have an issue with. Villian was fine...good enough, and did not steal the show.

Thought the chemistry was fantastic. It had the funny. Batman did take a step back, but I thought it was a necessary step...and I love Batman, but in this case it was the right call to have him take a step back so the others could shine.

Really liked Aquaman--fresh take on the character and I am officially excited for the solo movie. With the right kind of marketing Aquaman could be DC's Iron Man-- a second tier comic book hero that is a great fit on the silver screen.

Hopefully Warner re-considers and keeps the series going. I think it is moving in the right direction. Word of Mouth seems good on this, so I think it will have some legs and drop off less than BVS.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:10 AM 11-21-2017
Yeah, I thought that movie was pure crap. It was hard to even stay interested.
That is disappointing to hear. I have been wanting to see that for awhile but just have not fit in my schedule. I loved Blade Runner 2049, so I will probably check it anyway.
[Reply]
007 01:15 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
That is disappointing to hear. I have been wanting to see that for awhile but just have not fit in my schedule. I loved Blade Runner 2049, so I will probably check it anyway.
Definitely don't go on my word. Just because some didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:31 AM 11-21-2017
Definitely don't go on my word. Just because some didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.
It is still on my list....it is one of those of movies that I will either love, or I will hate....I value opinions on movies and such, but at the end of the day, I see what I wanna see and make my own judgments.

Movie Critics and RT are fun to read, but at the end of the day, if I went by their ratings, I would have missed a lot of good movies.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:12 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Average movie goer scores are inherently biased on the high side, because most people who go to a movie want it to be good. It doesn't mean all the scores will be bloated, but it is something to take into account.

Using critics is a pretty easy, efficient, and sensible, way to decide how to spend your movie dollars. Find a group of critics whose opinions generally line up with yours. Stick with them until you see consistent divergence.

And, apparently, you need to avoid listening to CP's comics fanboys about DCU movies.

You don't even have to find one with whom you agree. You just have to find one whose opinions are consistent. If you consistently enjoy movies a critic hates, that's as good as anything.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:40 AM 11-21-2017

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:08 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Pretty cool he adopted the chiefs ...no idea why he's a fan. Him and Joe Mangenilo were at the playoffs game last year.
He's always wearing a chiefs hat too
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:36 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Pretty cool he adopted the chiefs ...no idea why he's a fan. Him and Joe Mangenilo were at the playoffs game last year.
While you're looking at the Chiefs logo on his shirt, I'm staring at the huge f@#$ing dog next to him. That thing is massive!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:36 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
He's probably buddies with Rob Riggle and Paul Rudd too.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:49 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He's probably buddies with Rob Riggle and Paul Rudd too.
Probably, I see he even follows the chiefs on Instagram
[Reply]
Page 18 of 50
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up