http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
jaa1025 02:26 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Just saw Suicide Squad today in 3D.

1. 3D is not worth it, not much to it.
2. Will Smith playing the same part he always seems to play
3. I went into the movie expecting to hate Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn and was pleasantly surprised. The interaction between Harley and Deadshot one of the better parts of the movie.
4. The witch and the brother were really cool looking but "empty" characters.
5. This movie would have REALLY benefited from having added character development from previous movies like Avengers did from Ironman,Thor etc. There was just too many character to develop in a single movie so none of them really did.
6. Crazy bad guys weren't very crazy or bad
7. Killer Croc was cool looking and mildly racist
8. captain boomerang was just dumb
9. special effect were pretty dam good
10. DC is trying to be Marvel but it's not looking good so far

Overall the movie was decent but left me feeling like half of it had been left on cutting room floor.
My biggest issue was 5 especially for the folks like me who never heard of any of these characters on the SS. They should have went Marvels direction and released movies prior to Suicide Squad that could individually build each character then brought it together Avengers style.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:56 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
My biggest issue was 5 especially for the folks like me who never heard of any of these characters on the SS. They should have went Marvels direction and released movies prior to Suicide Squad that could individually build each character then brought it together Avengers style.
Agree with this... Much of this movie's time was spent trying to introduce people to characters, which made the rest of the movie quick and blah.

The movie left me severely disappointed.

Marg Robbie makes a good Harley Quinn though, will say that.

Movie wasn't bad ass. I was left just kind of going "that's it?"
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:48 PM 08-11-2016

3. I went into the movie expecting to hate Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn and was pleasantly surprised. The interaction between Harley and Deadshot one of the better parts of the movie.
5. This movie would have REALLY benefited from having added character development from previous movies like Avengers did from Ironman,Thor etc. There was just too many character to develop in a single movie so none of them really did.

Overall the movie was decent but left me feeling like half of it had been left on cutting room floor.
Didn't leto say they cut enough scenes that they could make a joker movie
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:23 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Your point 5 is well taken. The reverse-Avengers approach didn't work so well since most of these characters were marginal in most people's minds -- that said I don't think any of them outside of Joker and Harley Quinn could sustain a movie. That tells you something.

And I'm firmly in the "it wasn't bad" camp who thinks most of the critics missed the point.
Yea, but they could have inserted the other character into movies as sort a 'side quest' situation.

ala Batman movie with Joker/Harley as main storyline but then also have killer croc.

Deadshot could be worked into a movie in a supporting role (Flash Movie?)

Boomerang should be dropped
Flag is irrelevant and will always be a JAG

Suicide Squad wasn't bad, it just wasn't long enough to be character driven.

did i say Killer Croc looked awesome? :-)

Need more of him
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:27 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I didn't hear about that but it makes sense.

Leto was very good imo
Robbie was surprisingly good

They definitely need a Batman/Joke/Harley movie.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:42 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Yes, I posted the article link earlier in the thread. There's hours of film they shot of him in the can already apparently.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:18 PM 08-11-2016
I didn't hear about that but it makes sense.

Leto was very good imo
Robbie was surprisingly good

They definitely need a Batman/Joke/Harley movie.
how she killed Robin?

Deal me in.:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:37 AM 08-12-2016

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:52 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Thanos the greatest villain? Ha
[Reply]
Bowser 09:09 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Thanos the greatest villain? Ha
Beach Tribe will reign holy hell down on you for mocking Thanos.

And that meme is hilarious
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
You wanted them to make individual movies for the characters? :-) I'm sure a Captain Boomerang movie would have made a ton of money.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:22 AM 08-13-2016

Excellent points all around. I finally got around to seeing this and would add the following thoughts:

A) There is this incessant need to have the main characters (in any superhero movie) fight an insanely powerful enemy with superpowers. You don't need that. You can have them perform an incredibly difficult task that requires them to work together or die, without having them go up against enemies with powers that far exceed their own. Other than El Diablo, none of them have superpowers. And that's fine. (In the same vein, can we come up with something other than the giant beam of light shooting into the sky? It's in every movie now.)

B) Why was Joker in this movie? It's obvious they edited the living hell out of the Joker scenes and made him completely unnecessary to the story.

C) There were a lot of cringe worthy moments in this. Will Smith's daughter showing up? That actually caused a ripple of laughter in the theater. That's not good. Barely mentioning a guy that "can climb anything" and then killing him right away? It was a waste of the scant few seconds they even spent on it.

D) Stop trying to have heartfelt moments and make us like these guys. We don't need to think they're wonderful people to watch the movie. The scene in the bar with El Diablo explaining his back story... everyone went soft and had a hug-it-out moment. Harley Quinn should have started laughing her ass off right after he told his story. What was with the kumbaya garbage?
[Reply]
-King- 10:14 AM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Excellent points all around. I finally got around to seeing this and would add the following thoughts:

A) There is this incessant need to have the main characters (in any superhero movie) fight an insanely powerful enemy with superpowers. You don't need that. You can have them perform an incredibly difficult task that requires them to work together or die, without having them go up against enemies with powers that far exceed their own. Other than El Diablo, none of them have superpowers. And that's fine. (In the same vein, can we come up with something other than the giant beam of light shooting into the sky? It's in every movie now.)

B) Why was Joker in this movie? It's obvious they edited the living hell out of the Joker scenes and made him completely unnecessary to the story.

C) There were a lot of cringe worthy moments in this. Will Smith's daughter showing up? That actually caused a ripple of laughter in the theater. That's not good. Barely mentioning a guy that "can climb anything" and then killing him right away? It was a waste of the scant few seconds they even spent on it.

D) Stop trying to have heartfelt moments and make us like these guys. We don't need to think they're wonderful people to watch the movie. The scene in the bar with El Diablo explaining his back story... everyone went soft and had a hug-it-out moment. Harley Quinn should have started laughing her ass off right after he told his story. What was with the kumbaya garbage?
Because having characters we can sympathize with brings us closer to them and immerses us in the story even if they are "bad guys". That's why that bar scene was in there and why it was one of the best scenes in the movie
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:34 PM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Yes, I posted the article link earlier in the thread. There's hours of film they shot of him in the can already apparently.
And sounds like it was all flash backs, probably COULD be mixed into a movie
[Reply]
seaofred 09:17 AM 08-14-2016
Went and watched this yesterday. Thought it was really good for what it is. I hope the make some more of these and maybe some side story movies.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up