Will Smith-Deadshot
Jai Courtney-Boomerang

Rick Roven-producer

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:59 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It took me several partial viewings to finally "get it" but in the end, I thought it was a cool movie and much better than several Marvel films.

I'm curious as to what story they adapt for MoS 2, which has begun pre-production.
Have they confirmed Snyder is doing it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:05 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Have they confirmed Snyder is doing it?
I haven't seen any confirmation but David Ayers threw his hat in the ring last week as a potential director.

I have a feeling that will depend on the performance of SS, which is dropping rapidly at the box office.

SS went from $65 million on Thursday to $13 million on Monday.

Yikes.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:25 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I haven't seen any confirmation but David Ayers threw his hat in the ring last week as a potential director.

I have a feeling that will depend on the performance of SS, which is dropping rapidly at the box office.

SS went from $65 million on Thursday to $13 million on Monday.

Yikes.
Given the totals for opening weekend, I think WB is taking it as a win in spite of the reviews. Won't be surprised if receipts drop off. Back to school has been creeping further and further into August across the country, and that cuts into a chunk of their audience suddenly a lot busier.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:27 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Given the totals for opening weekend, I think WB is taking it as a win in spite of the reviews. Won't be surprised if receipts drop off. Back to school has been creeping further and further into August across the country, and that cuts into a chunk of their audience suddenly a lot busier.
Maybe, but they're still $40 million under budget and that doesn't include the $100 million spent on marketing.

I'll be shocked if this doesn't go down as a loser on their books, which wouldn't fare well for Ayers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 PM 08-09-2016
I thought it was a good movie. Sure it had its issues but all these multiple superheroes movies are going to be hard to get them tight. Nature of the beast.

I didnt know anything about this movie. I didn't read the comic books as a kid. I didn't lurk in here.

It was a fun popcorn movie. I liked the acting of the blonde and the joker. The special forces guy Flag was a big meh. It did seem like the movie was on point the first half but lost its way in the 2nd half.

I loved the Batman cameos.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:42 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
Personally, MoS falls in a battle with The Winter Soldier or Batman Begins for #2 after The Dark Knight.
So, what year marker are we going by, since Batman Begins predates the past decade?

If you're going from, say, since 2000 on, I'd take every single movie from The Dark Knight Trilogy (I personally loved TDKR more than TDK, so I'll get some shit for it), Spider-Man 1 and 2, and Winter Soldier before I'd even consider MoS.

It's a good movie, but I don't view it as a gem like the other ones that I listed. Mostly because I think Superman is a boring character due to him pretty much being invincible to everything aside from Kryptonite or Doomsday.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:53 PM 08-09-2016
Just gonna put this question out there, behind TDK trilogy, which I think would be almost undisputed as the best super hero film trilogy since 2000, if not of all time since there really aren't many superhero movies with 3+ movies aside before then aside from Superman and the Batman films of the 80's/90's that I can think of off the top of my head, what superhero movie trilogy since 2000 would be second?

The only qualifiers I can think of outside of TDK are Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Captain America.

The Amazing Spider-Man and Fantastic Four series don't count since they were rebooted before the third films were released in theaters.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 PM 08-09-2016
IDMB says they have announce that there is going to be a Harley Quinn movie, is it going to be made? Seems to me she was the best thing in this movie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:06 PM 08-09-2016
The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Blade, Blade 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Cap: The Winter Soldier, Cap: Civil War, Iron Man, X Men 2, X Men: First Class, X Men: Days of Future Past.

There are some good superhero flicks out there since 1999-ish.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:07 PM 08-09-2016
How does everyone feel about Burton's original Batman? I'm not a big fan of that one. I love Batman Forever, though.

No, I'm not joking.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:01 AM 08-10-2016
Batman forever soundtrack got my Seal of approval
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:16 AM 08-10-2016
Went and saw this last night and thought it was terrible. The army guy can't act worth a shit. He was horrible in Robocop too. Will Smith is a good actor but the plot and villains just kinda sucked. Harley Quinn was OK but she still wasn't all that great. I actually thought the Joker was horrible too. There was just no flow to the movie.
[Reply]
Chieficus 08:49 AM 08-10-2016
Saw it last night.

Batman cameos and the final act's battle were the most engaging parts. The pacing was terrible, and the villains blah...

Spoiler!

Like BvS, there looked like a kernel of a good movie in it, but they wasted that shot.
[Reply]
beach tribe 09:01 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Just gonna put this question out there, behind TDK trilogy, which I think would be almost undisputed as the best super hero film trilogy since 2000, if not of all time since there really aren't many superhero movies with 3+ movies aside before then aside from Superman and the Batman films of the 80's/90's that I can think of off the top of my head, what superhero movie trilogy since 2000 would be second?

The only qualifiers I can think of outside of TDK are Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Captain America.

The Amazing Spider-Man and Fantastic Four series don't count since they were rebooted before the third films were released in theaters.
Captain America.

Once the Infinity War comes out, Avenger will be the best super hero series of all time.

It is rumored that 63 characters will be making some sort of appearance in the 2 films and someone very close to the project has hinted that one of those is.......Galactus.

Meaning that they may have worked something out with Fox regarding the FF characters.....
[Reply]
unlurking 11:53 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Captain America.

Once the Infinity War comes out, Avenger will be the best super hero series of all time.

It is rumored that 63 characters will be making some sort of appearance in the 2 films and someone very close to the project has hinted that one of those is.......Galactus.

Meaning that they may have worked something out with Fox regarding the FF characters.....
Oh please yes!
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up