[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:58 PM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Spiderman 3 was so awful
Indeed it was.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:42 AM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I think you just hate DC, or have forgotten how bad Spiderman 3 was.

You are the delusional one if you are going to argue that Spiderman 3 is better than BVS, MOS, or SS.
I have absolutely nothing against DC. I just don't like most shitty movies. You seem to have no problem with shitty movies, which is fine. To each his own.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:53 AM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Are you a DC hater? You certainly seem to be riding Marvel's nuts pretty hard if you are will to take up for Hulk(s), Spidey 3, etc, while conveniently setting aside Nolan's DC stuff when mentioned as if it isn't part of DC? I forgot, who collaborated and was a producer on MoS?

I know the comics forums have their silly Marvel vs DC haters and fanbois, but I think CP has at least one?
I'm not riding Marvel's nuts at all. You can try to spin it that way if you wish, but the underlying reality is that I was noting comparative ratings by the reviewers as correlation to my takes, and you're the one who called Marvel's movies "consistently good". Example using Metacritic, instead of RT: Hulk 54, Spider Man 3 59, The Incredible Hulk 61, Suicide Squad 40 (so far), BvS 44, MOS 55. The only crossover is the weakest of the mentioned Marvels (Hulk) and the strongest of the DCs (MOS), and that's a 1 point difference, which is well within the range of bare success/near miss that I had mentioned.

And the Nolan movies are about as relevant to the re-set DC movies as the Punisher movies are to the MCU, which is why I haven't included them. They (Nolan's Batman movies) were excellent, by the way, but they come before the new era.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:44 PM 08-06-2016
Suicide Squad was a good movie. All this hate is laughably sad. It's no genre beating movie, but it was better than Ant Man, iron Man 2+3 , all of thor, and Avengers 2.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:51 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm curious as to why you think Spiderman 3>BvS.

Both movies share similarities in that they rushed in so many characters. BvS at least had a somewhat accurate depiction of Batman and Superman from the comics. The villains in BvS at least served a role and didn't re-write the origin stories for either Batman or Superman.

In Spiderman 3, Sandman ruined Spiderman's origin story by being the killer of Uncle Ben, which is not an accurate adaption from the comics in any way what so ever. Additionally, Sandman served 0 ****ing purpose in the movie. None.
BvS is in another league than S3
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:12 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Suicide Squad was a good movie. All this hate is laughably sad. It's no genre beating movie, but it was better than Ant Man, iron Man 2+3 , all of thor, and Avengers 2.
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
BvS is in another league than S3
This kind of comedy is what keeps me coming back to Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:14 PM 08-06-2016
Watched BvS:UE this morning... kind of a shit show.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 04:16 PM 08-06-2016
Saw this yesterday because my oldest wanted to see it. Wouldn't have went otherwise. It was ok. I don't feel robbed paying to see it, but it's not something I'll watch again.
[Reply]
RobBlake 07:06 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
This kind of comedy is what keeps me coming back to Chiefsplanet.
so is comparing spiderman 3 to bvs.. just really bad judgment all around
[Reply]
listopencil 07:35 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Watched BvS:UE this morning... kind of a shit show.
I finally got around to watching it today. I thought it was cringe-worthy. To be fair I don't like anything with Superman in it. I think he's a shitty character. I thought Ben Affleck's Batman was too much of a brick and not enough of a martial artist, and not especially intelligent. I enjoyed the Wonder Woman character in this movie. From this and what I've seen of the trailers I'll probably go see the stand alone WW movie. I'm not really interested in seeing Affleck play an angrier version George Clooney though and Superman still sucks.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:40 PM 08-06-2016
I saw Suicide Squad this weekend. It came across as just poorly put together and I think it wasted some good performances by the actors involved. I feel like it didn't do a good job of telling a very weak story. It was OK. The special effects were fun and some of the moments in the film were interesting.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:48 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I saw Suicide Squad this weekend. It came across as just poorly put together and I think it wasted some good performances by the actors involved. I feel like it didn't do a good job of telling a very weak story. It was OK. The special effects were fun and some of the moments in the film were interesting.
That's exactly how i feel. I knew nothing about Suicide Squad going into the movie and i still feel like i know know next to nothing.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:22 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
That's exactly how i feel. I knew nothing about Suicide Squad going into the movie and i still feel like i know know next to nothing.
Margot Robbie plays a great Harley Quinn. Will Smith isn't a very good actor. Beyond that, I agree that not much stuck.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:40 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
That's probably a fair assessment. A few of the characters people are familiar with, but a lot of them aren't. 98% of moviegoers knew nothing about GotG, but they managed to introduce the characters without even getting much into any of their backstories.

Granted, GotG sets a pretty high bar that I doubt the sequel will duplicate, but I'm so tired of every new character spending the first movie doing an origin story. Yes, Pratt's character had a pseudo origins background, but the film really just hit the ground running and didn't handhold throwing you into the entire universe of characters without a bunch of exposition.

Considering that 1 version of the film introduced almost all the characters right out of the gate, and Ayers' version introduced characters on a rolling basis, some even in the final 1/3 of the movie, it just seems like it would be impossible to marry the 2 versions and not end up with a mess.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up