Will Smith-Deadshot
Jai Courtney-Boomerang

Rick Roven-producer

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:09 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
If spidey 3 is better than BvS in your opinion, we can't have this conversation.
Lol
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:10 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
UE smokes both Hulk films, both Thor films, the last two Iron Man films, Spidey 3, the rebooted Spidey and the first Avengers film.

Disney pays more to the critics than Warners.
I can agree with this...UE was good
[Reply]
pr_capone 09:37 PM 08-04-2016
Saw Suicide Squad tonight... I enjoyed myself.

Will Smith played Deadshot the same way he plays every action role he is in. Robbie is an amazing HQ. Leto's Joker actually works well with the tenor of the film.

The remaining villan/hero were all very cartoony. There were some plot holes you simply have to look past. The lighting in this movie in any night scene is borderline awful.

All in all... this was far more enjoyable than Bats v Sups
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:58 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
Saw Suicide Squad tonight... I enjoyed myself.

Will Smith played Deadshot the same way he plays every action role he is in. Robbie is an amazing HQ. Leto's Joker actually works well with the tenor of the film.

The remaining villan/hero were all very cartoony. There were some plot holes you simply have to look past. The lighting in this movie in any night scene is borderline awful.

All in all... this was far more enjoyable than Bats v Sups
Spoiler!

[Reply]
pr_capone 10:10 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:15 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 11:32 PM 08-04-2016
Spoiler!

I've known women like that.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:37 AM 08-05-2016
Nick Jacobs @Jacobs71
#SuicideSquad was underwhelming. I got bored after an hour. Luckily it didn't go much longer. Margot Robbie only thing going for that movie
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:31 AM 08-05-2016
Just got home from it. It was fine - nowhere near as bad as the 27% on Rotten Tomatoes, but outside of HQ and, to a lesser extent, the Joker, most of the other characters were forgettable. The DC supporting cast just isn't as strong as Marvel's, but HQ was just outstanding.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:15 AM 08-05-2016
Just saw it. It's way better than the 27% it has on Rotten Tomatoes. Had some beef with the plot, but the plot was coherent at least. Some characters felt rushed in(not to the extent of BvS).

This is an enjoyable movie and isn't too long on run time. I'm stunned with the rating it has on RT.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:59 AM 08-05-2016
I'm sure there will be a big difference between the critics RT score and Audience
[Reply]
JD10367 08:09 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Suicide Squad easily is as good as several Marvel Movies (better than say IM2 or IM3, Ultron, and Thor 2 for example).
This right here. After watching "Squad" the group of us all talking about how unrealistic people's rose-colored opinion of Marvel is. I still like the first "Iron Man" but "IM2" wasn't very good and "IM3" was a horrible shitshow of stupidity. The "Thor" films were mildly interesting to me but I can see why no one else liked them. Same goes for the "Hulk" films. "Avengers" was great, and I enjoyed "Civil War", but "Ultron" was a bit of a headscratcher. The bright spot for Marvel IMO are the Cap films (which I've loved) and the standalones "GotG" and even "Ant-Man", which was not amazing but was well-done and interesting enough. But people act like Marvel hits it out of the park 24/7, which is simply untrue.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:13 AM 08-05-2016
Awesome. Yes. Editors are rarely given the limelight or due credit. It's a perfect description of blending technical savvy, storytelling and gut instinct of someone who has a creative mind and eye for taking jumbled mess like a jigsaw puzzle.
The extraordinary ones can take the puzzle pieces of what was originally some boring picture, cut the pieces individually to refit them together and turn out a totally different, unique, and phenomenal picture unlike what was expected.

Ask Spielberg if he values his Editors.
I love the story about "Star Wars". On the first edit the screenings got horrible reviews. It was re-edited, IIRC, poolside by Lucas's wife and another dude (Richard Chew?). They went back to the footage and held everything for long shots, sometimes using every frame of negative (and sometimes running out... note the scene where the sandperson knocks Luke down and you can see them scrub the same image back and forth when he holds his staff over his head). They totally changed the flavor of the movie.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 08:48 AM 08-05-2016
I think I'm just going to hold out for the David Ayer cut of this before I see it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:54 AM 08-05-2016
Asking people what they want to see is the biggest mistake. Talent is talent, and should be visionary. It's a presentation of artistic achievement, and frankly, 90% of the public has either poor taste or no creative talent.

If you want want a say, go read a choose your own adventure book.

Homogenized film is terrible. Studio execs are rarely "talent"- especially these days.

There's a reason why Robert Evans was so successful as a studio head in what was the last golden era of film in Hollywood. It baffles me that more visionary talent isn't in place to head up exec decisions when it comes to final say when the studios wanna tinker with a movie.
Yep. Letting a bunch of executives make creative decisions is why a lot of stuff sucks. I know it happens a lot in advertising.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up