ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Media Center>Official Rick and Morty thread
bowener 07:58 PM 03-26-2014
I searched and could not find anything on here about this awesome show.

Seriously, if you like animated shows for adults, then you have to watch this fucking show.

It is on adultswim, you can watch episodes online.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:02 AM 06-02-2020
The latest R&M with the two Beths was maybe one of the top three episodes of the series. Top five at the very least.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:16 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The latest R&M with the two Beths was maybe one of the top three episodes of the series. Top five at the very least.
Shit was a little heavier than I expected from a Rick & Morty episode.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:07 PM 06-02-2020
I just watched it and it is good. Don’t know where I’d slot it overall but it was vintage scathing dialogue mixed with the ups and downs of family. It’s become crystal clear that the creators really don’t like counselors. Please let Bird Person come back as his old self.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:30 AM 06-03-2020
Wait...there's an episode left? Damn - I hadn't checked my DVR (or whatever you call it on youtube.tv) and didn't realize it. I thought the clay babies episode was the last one.

This back half of season 4 has been really great (fan-trolling 'train' episode notwithstanding). I'm sure this one will keep their hitting streak going.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:53 AM 06-03-2020
I really liked the vat of acid episode but I think the heist episode is my favorite of the season
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:12 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I really liked the vat of acid episode but I think the heist episode is my favorite of the season
you son of a bitch!!! Im in!
[Reply]
vailpass 08:00 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
you son of a bitch!!! Im in!
I like your squanch.
[Reply]
Fish 09:40 PM 06-03-2020
Gotta agree. That was just magic. When he finally sat down in the garage and said "Man, I'm a shitty father" they really swung the emotion the other direction for a second.

And dammit, that fight scene between Rick and Bird Person was a fucking amazing animated spectacle.
[Reply]
Jesus Christ 09:58 PM 06-03-2020
You get drunk one time and tell Dan Harmon the secrets of reality as it is, and he makes a damn cartoon out if it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ:
You get drunk one time and tell Dan Harmon the secrets of reality as it is, and he makes a damn cartoon out if it.
This is the weirdest, best shtick we've had on CP in....ever? At worst it's the best since peak Penz.

{tips cap}
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Gotta agree. That was just magic. When he finally sat down in the garage and said "Man, I'm a shitty father" they really swung the emotion the other direction for a second.

And dammit, that fight scene between Rick and Bird Person was a fucking amazing animated spectacle.
Here's the problem with the 'shitty father' thing - HE DID THE RIGHT THING!!!!

If he tells Beth he wants her to stay with him, knowing full well that she has an urge to go, that's just damn selfish of him. And if he doesn't want her to stay, well that's kinda shitty as well.

So he lets Beth have both. And in the end, he probably DID have a way to combine memories if he wanted to when one or other changed her mind. Meanwhile, in order to ensure that he didn't treat one of them differently than the other, he simply wiped his mind of it anyway. That way he wouldn't have any sort of bearing on who did what.

In the 4 years of examples of him being a shitty father and justifying it, why would THIS be the instance that drove it home? It's arguably one of the most well thought out and altruistic things he's done as a father. Moreover, even if you don't agree with that logic - RICK WOULD. Again, he's justified WAY worse things in the past so why should I believe he wouldn't come up with a similar justification this time? If there was something to flesh out there, they did a poor job of doing it. Especially since he still goes with "well I'm still a good friend..." with a disembodied BP. He's still the same guy.

There have been good emotional moments w/ Rick. The ending of the Unity episode stands out most here. This one is just...a downer for downer's sake. It's a dues ex machina in the form of a 'realization' that just doesn't stand up.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:24 PM 06-05-2020
I mean I know this is one of the best shows on tv absolutely, I've been watching since the beginning, but I usually just smoke one and laugh while I watch. I don't do too much analyzing haha
[Reply]
vailpass 01:33 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is the weirdest, best shtick we've had on CP in....ever? At worst it's the best since peak Penz.

{tips cap}
Have you looked at the most recent post in the Mod Transparency Thread in the romper room? It appears the yin has lost his yang.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Have you looked at the most recent post in the Mod Transparency Thread in the romper room? It appears the yin has lost his yang.
Well now I'm just confused...
[Reply]
vailpass 01:38 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well now I'm just confused...
You didn't see Satan posting right along with Christ in DC when these two first came on the scene a couple days ago? It looks like Bowser made a funny.
At least I laughed.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up