ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Media Center>Official Rick and Morty thread
bowener 07:58 PM 03-26-2014
I searched and could not find anything on here about this awesome show.

Seriously, if you like animated shows for adults, then you have to watch this fucking show.

It is on adultswim, you can watch episodes online.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:56 AM 11-05-2019
I will be watching.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:37 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Is it because the animated kids are drawn 'cute' or something? Because The Simpsons and South Park kind of plowed the entire field on kids tackling adult subjects.

I can think of criticisms of the show, but honestly creepy is one I struggle with, unless you refuse to contemplate the idea of tweens even thinking about puberty, sex and drugs.
Well first of all they're not cute. It's one of the ugliest cartoons I've ever seen. Not in a charming way either like south park's cheap look. It's just ugly.

Generally anything that hypersexualizes 12 year olds creeps me out. The puberty monster was a cute idea and tackling that awkward age is all well and good, but when you have musical numbers featuring 12 year old girls dancing naked to a tune about their bodies I start getting seriously creeped out.

It just feels like the guy who made this is some skeevy weirdo in a trench coat that hides in the back of junior high school libraries with a mirror on his shoes. It's creepy and the more I watched the more creepy it got until I stopped.

As to the 'objectivity' of my comment; you can be pedantic about the language I'm using if you want (it's pointless, but it's something you do), but that's my SUBJECTIVE opinion. I shouldn't have to say "I think" before every statement for an intelligent person to know I'm giving an opinion.

Plus I just didn't think it was that funny. My buddy loves it. I don't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 11-05-2019
So long as we all realize the distinction between what you're saying and what WW initially said.

There's a big difference between 'this show is creepy' [objective, comprehensive], and 'this show makes me uncomfortable' [subjective, individual].

I mean, I could complain about how Archer portrays the nasty narratives of misogynist drug-addled killer secret agents, or how Rick and Morty portrays the narrative of amoral world destroying, family annihilating scientists, . . . but I get that it's fictional entertainment.
Yeah, I mean, I think you're parsing the line pretty thin there.

I used to have a line in my signature saying something stupid along the lines of "The previous words were mine and mine alone, the opinion of a generally average midwestern white male..." because I just got tired of hearing people bitch about me being speculative or just saying "well that's your opinion..."

Well no shit. Yes, it's my opinion. I'm the one that said it so lets just assume that's what it is. I've never felt any real desperate desire to further qualify any statements I've made beyond that.

Had I simply said "It's creepy" I feel you could infer from that I'm really saying "It's creepy, IMO" and I'm not exactly asking for advanced readership there.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:07 PM 11-05-2019
Fixed, no opinion expressed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:37 PM 11-05-2019
Well that's strange.

I don't feel like anyone called you a fuckwit or anything. Seemed like a relatively straightforward discussion.

:-)

I will soldier bravely forward. Somehow.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:41 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well that's strange.

I don't feel like anyone called you a fuckwit or anything. Seemed like a relatively straightforward discussion.

:-)

I will soldier bravely forward. Somehow.
Don't think anything of it. I thought Big Mouth would be better received, particularly in a thread about a show as funny and twisted as Rick and Morty. I mean, it seems fairly widely well regarded elsewhere.

But I was apparently misreading the room, and I just don't have the energy or passion to spend time being the one person around here 'defending' a cartoon that's being characterized as a show for pedophile perverts.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:58 AM 12-16-2019
Ready for more Rick and Morty, already. What happened to all the discussion you slut dragons. Also what the hell did that cat do?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:27 AM 12-16-2019
I got a Pickle Rick ugly sweater "I'm PICKLE RIIIICK"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:04 PM 03-29-2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:28 AM 05-18-2020
Good LORD!!

Last night's ep hit it out of the park.

Sobriety or therapy or wisdom of aging, Harmon is back to hitting on all cylinders. Good for him.

It honestly might have been the most entertaining thing I've seen since a certain SB, involving a certain football team, from a certain midwestern town. . . . .
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:55 AM 05-18-2020
Good LORD!!

Sobriety or therapy or wisdom of aging, Harmon is back to hitting on all cylinders. Good for him.

It honestly might have been the most entertaining thing I've seen since a certain SB, involving a certain football team, from a certain midwestern town. . . . .
This one was a major return to form.

I haven't loved most of the episodes so far this season. That one felt like classic Rick and Morty though.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:34 AM 05-18-2020
Haven't watched last night's episode yet. I will say that I didn't much care for the first episode of this season (or 2nd half of season?) but I did like last week's Aliens themed episode.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 05-18-2020
Good LORD!!

Haven't seen it yet but last weeks was one of the best in a long time. Good to see after the train episode where I'm pretty sure Harmon was just venting and trolling his fans (hate it when shows do that; even South Park would slide that way on occasion).

I mean they were just showing off at a certain point. The animation was amazing and it was a conventional 'adventure' episode that knew exactly where to hit the high points.

They hadn't nailed their 'fun/thoughtful' balance quite that well in a long while. And when you combine that with just how impressive the visuals were and you've got at worst an A- episode.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:37 AM 05-19-2020
Finally got around to watching the three newer ones. I didn't care for the anthology as much but it was OK. The second one was better, and I really enjoyed the third. Glad it's back.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:14 AM 06-01-2020
Sop apparently the guys who did Rick And Morty made another show that was supposed to be on FOX. That didn't happen and it went to Hulu instead. It's called Solar Opposites. I watched the first episode. It's more of a traditional family sitcom if the first episode is any indication. Episode one wasn't great but it was enjoyable enough to me to give it a shot. There are eight episodes available.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up